What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic soil multiple strain plant party

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Purple Menace is 5/6
BJ X BMS 3/3
DDT (durban) X BBB 1/2
Blue Zorilla 3/3
SBBB X CPH 2/2

Now for the next phase: seedling survival camp! ;)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Thanks brother THCV. That's good news to my ears.

I was checking out pics of the different Berry Juice phenos and they all look solid. All of a sudden i realized how everything this round has Blue genes in them. :thinking:

My sativas beans are low in number, so i'm going to have to replenish them somehow, but i do seem to be well to do with the Blue end of things. :) Although with the CPH cross and those DDT X BBB crosses i'll have some nice ones alongside the THH.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
not trying to be a pain...
get an empty spray bottle. boil water, and while HOT, pour into spray bottle.

Spray HOT water on undersides of leaves, stem, and around root crown.

the heat will fry them (mites) almost instantly and the spray will dislodge most.

follow this up with your normal IPM.

big ups for trying to beat them organically+++!

if your plants can touch each other they become the vectors.

carry on.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
That's a nice neat idea trichrider. :) thank you. Hot water it is. Time to give those f**kers a hot bath. ;)

I just sprayed everyone down with a rosemary, valerian, and thyme botanical soak with a spritz of dr bronner lavender in there since i had it handy.
Your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks :)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Here are some shots of the plants and seedlings. The Tahoe OG Kush X Afghani looks good too, but forgot to get pictures.

New seedlings.

Cuttings of BBB #1 and THH. The BBB and THH seem to root relatively well.

Goji OG F2 looks to be a girl. I'm happy with her overall characteristics so far. Stem rub smell is faint chocolate/coffee with carrot and something else. Mild, but interesting.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Seedlings status:
Sourbubble Blueberry X California Purple Haze 2
Purple Menace 4
BerryJuice X Bluemoonshine 2
DDT (Durban pheno) X Blueberryblast 1
Blue Zorilla 2

Happy with that. Time to stay vigilant.

Here's the DDT (Thai pheno) X BBB . Thanks brother.
It's a girl. A very aromatic one at that. Structure, vigor, smell, they are all there so far. Good feels on this. mint, musk, funk, eugenol, menthol and lavender smells. Complex.

A.C.A.B

Hi there !

Original genetics and interesting growing philosophy you've got there. Just one question, you never had any fungus or pests problems using green waste from outside ?

Best vibes on your grow cab :tiphat:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Hi there !

Original genetics and interesting growing philosophy you've got there. Just one question, you never had any fungus or pests problems using green waste from outside ?

Best vibes on your grow cab :tiphat:

thanks for stopping in and adding to the dialog A.C.A.B. :)

I have not made note of any fungus problems that have come about from using different mulches (green or brown). Pests like spider mites are unavoidable where i am at due to the physical restrictions on the grow space, but i have thinning out their numbers slowly.

Other pests show up here and there, but never seem to stay for too long.

thank you for the vibes. :dance013:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Here is that Tahoe OG Kush X Afghani plant. I think it might be a female. Looking and smelling good. Half the size of the DDT (Thai pheno) X BBB.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Looking good brother......;)

Thanks for sharing....

Respects

Be well

GT

Bless up GT. :) Thanks for all the good vibes brother. My hope is that others will benefit from what i share.

4 of those Purple Menace are healthy and off to a good start. :)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Thanks brother Bmac. I'll light one up for you.

Here are some room shots. I hope this is entertaining.
Bottom left in 1st pic is BBB then top left is THH.

This shows the new females and some rosemary and sage plants as well. There are 3 rosemary cultivars and 1 sage for now.
Middle left center is the Goji OG F2, the clockwise is the DDT (Thai pheno) X BBB, and directly below her is the TOGK X Afghani.

BBB #1 at day 12 flowering 11/13. She will appreciate the extra light intensity i'm sure. Went from just over 400W SHPS with a little extra multi spectrum fluorescent to 1K hortilux SHPS.
At the top is the THH. She is not going into flower just yet.

Seedlings between 7-9 days old now.

THH cuttings. Even though i have showcased the plant before i like to show cuttings because it helps me stay on task.

Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
http://organicgardening.about.com/od/diseases/qt/chamomiledampingoff.htm

Best of the best to prevent damping off. I spray from the start before seedlings have come up till second true leaves. Even straight from the fridge (tea) I have never had damping off again even cold water is usually the problem.

EDIT: I don't dilute my tea at all I forget to say.

You can also try to cut above the fungus part of the stem and root them again.

Hey you:tiphat: thank you again for the reminder about chamomile. This round the seedlings didn't show any signs of damping off. :) Bless up vuuduu

Golden Tree

Oh boy everything is looking great!....that's one frosty BBB....WOW!

Thanks for sharing buddy...

Respects sir....

GT

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Nice ;)

Do you know the characteristics of the mother used for the Goji OG F2 ?

Vibes :tiphat:

I will dig in my notes and see if i can find a reference picture and more descriptions from my friend who did them.
thanks for looking :D