What's new

Organic amendments and fertilizers in Canada.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
not to sound like a dick, but pls elaborate more. i looked around the site and it doesnt make a lot of sense for linking on a forum

Bmac1

Veteran
Its a place in Canada that sells organic fertilizers and amendments in a thread labelled organic amendments and fertilizers in Canada. How does it not make sense to link here.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems fine. More bottles than bags but it looks solid. Maybe we're missing something?

GOT posted this elsewhere.

http://www.treehelp.com/garden-insect-spray-with-spinosad/

Got a bottle on the way. Ships from Ontario at around 40 bucks, 7 day estimate.

5 Day delivery. I thought the estimate seemed a little pessimistic but they're probably used to Canada Post.

Came with a piece of paper stating "This product can only be imported for personal use".

I laughed.

odkin

Glad to have stumbled onto this site, and to see that it is still active. We are behind the curve here in Canada when it comes to building soils with the appropriate amendments- compared to south of the border anyways. Great to have a place like this where we can share some of the sources for these products.

Have ordered quite a bit from Ag Solutions for this season's outdoor effort. Quite impressed with the results so far- best summer yet. I am using these alongside some of Kempf's products- Advancing Eco Agriculture. [If you haven't read the AEA thread in Canna botany and advanced growing thread, might check it out.]

In fact, am about to sign up for Graeme Sait's workshop this fall. Bit of cost to this one, but he brings a lot to the table re soil health and ecology. It is a steep learning curve- at least for this old head- but is a fascinating journey!

Bmac1

Veteran
I should not be having such a hard time finding fish bone meal and crab shell meal hte past couple weeks. Emails not being responded to, out of stock etc. I live on the coast damn it.

odkin

If you do run them down, please post what you come up with, as I'd like to find some crab meal myself.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to have stumbled onto this site, and to see that it is still active. We are behind the curve here in Canada when it comes to building soils with the appropriate amendments- compared to south of the border anyways. Great to have a place like this where we can share some of the sources for these products.

Have ordered quite a bit from Ag Solutions for this season's outdoor effort. Quite impressed with the results so far- best summer yet. I am using these alongside some of Kempf's products- Advancing Eco Agriculture. [If you haven't read the AEA thread in Canna botany and advanced growing thread, might check it out.]

In fact, am about to sign up for Graeme Sait's workshop this fall. Bit of cost to this one, but he brings a lot to the table re soil health and ecology. It is a steep learning curve- at least for this old head- but is a fascinating journey!

depends when you started...

super soil and organics were the rage here in the 80's and early 90's

when i was at spannabis i felt 12 again with their fave production methods

med-man

HiFiGanja

Lot of the organics in large bags have been hard to get from wholesalers for a while now. Bone meal seems to be the one short the most. I got bunch of bags of fish bone meal what was sent to me instead of bone meal. Stinking up the shop pretty good.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found a tap on Rootshield Plus WP 1LB, way less sketchy (storage/handling/age) than most sources. Around 160 with shipping/exchange.

PM for deets.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
General Info

T. harzianum and virens. Not sure on virens, but harzianum is heavily studied and proven effective under high fertility (field and GH). And although third party would be preferable, the manufacturer accepts root samples for confirmation of inocculation. From Canada, maybe not. I haven't poked around too hard but I've only seen amazon/ebay grow stores and a mention of sale in Saskwhateverthefuck (I'm sure there are reciprocal jokes) with a pesticide license.

I bought Zho once for that purpose, but without a way to confirm it was working I felt like a stooge and didn't get it again. Same issue with amazon/ebay re: poor handling/storage, age.

I have a good study buried somewhere comparing microbial inoculants, a mix of grow store products and ag products, 7-8/10 were inert. Most produced a little bloom of growth from the added nitrogen... watch the pretty birdy..

Hash rambles. Full transparency, I haven't ordered yet, they just seemed so kosher. I get the impression it's an older couple. The website is more magazine ad than anything and they use email like mail.

blastfrompast

Veteran
General Info

T. harzianum and virens. Not sure on virens, but harzianum is heavily studied and proven effective under high fertility (field and GH). And although third party would be preferable, the manufacturer accepts root samples for confirmation of inocculation. From Canada, maybe not. I haven't poked around too hard but I've only seen amazon/ebay grow stores and a mention of sale in Saskwhateverthefuck (I'm sure there are reciprocal jokes) with a pesticide license.

I bought Zho once for that purpose, but without a way to confirm it was working I felt like a stooge and didn't get it again. Same issue with amazon/ebay re: poor handling/storage, age.

I have a good study buried somewhere comparing microbial inoculants, a mix of grow store products and ag products, 7-8/10 were inert. Most produced a little bloom of growth from the added nitrogen... watch the pretty birdy..

Hash rambles. Full transparency, I haven't ordered yet, they just seemed so kosher. I get the impression it's an older couple. The website is more magazine ad than anything and they use email like mail.

Ever consider going the a different route.... Use the innnoculate like a spore print added to Karo water solution...ie make MORE....

Old timers used to dig up around the roots of their most productive and healthy plant....mix the soil with water and spoiled fruit (plums and such for sugars and starches) and let that brew and then use that solution to water the garden :)...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have and priced out viable, pure samples. Expensive. I believe the test is just a dye but the whole shabang was another one of those things marked under "Later".

If I remember correctly, "rearing" is as simple as mycorrhizal fungi re: grass host.

I really like that method. Sounds simple, looks simple, but is actually quite complex. A grad student would have a field day.

Pangea

Veteran
Naw you need a license to purchase, sorry bout that. They are not a reg hydro store, rather a reg farm supply store.

I'm with Mikell, it sounds fairly straight forward but def not as simple or proven as good old karo tek LC's for reg fungi! Cool stuff though, I want to use cannabis plants as hosts instead of a grass!

odkin

A new company that has a pretty impressive range of products- over 6 rock dusts, crab, kelp, oyster, rice hulls, etc. Even has Ahisma neem meal and oil. Ontario based, no website yet. Black Swallow Soil at G mail dot com.

They look pretty legit, and pricing looks fair.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OrganicBTI on eBay sells Gnatrol WP at 100% mark up from bulk. Relatively quick shipping. I have to double check but I believe there is a discrepency between Gnatrol recommended dose and what is printed on the ziploc.

Doing a test order for Kontos, I'll update in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Latest posts