What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic amendments and fertilizers in Canada.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
eh, only place you can see from the tower that has fertile dirt is the islands.

everything on the main land is muddy clay, covered by the concrete jungle, and polluted for decades. dig down deep enough to get the untouch stuff sure.. but thats 30-50ft down if not more.. subways system after all.

anything near the CN tower is not the best soil. I'm sure Niagara, PEI and the prairies would like to have a word with your statement.

Even the Holland Marsh up the 400 was ruined.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This is where I get my starting material in April.

[iframe1]js5GWS1E7j0[/iframe1]

Once I amend it, it heats up again and needs too cook for another 30 days.
picture.php

Most rural gardens or nurseries should have something in bulk local to you.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If not, call up a livestock farm. They produce meat and not surprisngly a lot of shit.

Bioag is on amazon now. You use to be able to buy it direct from them as a human supplement or someshit because they couldn't be fucked to deal with our red tape for agro products.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's what I used to do. Even my cousins have turned to the liquid stuff. You used to be able to get well composted manure from almost any farm, but now they're all into that liquid shit. Nasty stuff is sprayed on fields. They don't have manure piles anymore. And there aren't many "small" farmers anymore either. Maybe the small hobby farmers have it.

The best is Horse manure with straw for bedding. But they only use shavings now. And straw is rare because everyone grows corn or soy here.

Latest posts

Latest posts