What's new

Oregon Outdoor Auto Grow 2010

talktosamson

Veteran
Samson,
Great work buddy, Love to see you growing again. I am starting to think we need to set you up as the family GSO, so that I have time to work on my project.

Yea Buddy I'm starting to think that's the way we should go as well. You need to keep doing your thing too, but we can build a family grow tent of doom in my garage this fall for sure after outdoor is over either 4x8 or 5x5.

We just have to make sure that we get a big enough carbon filter to keep my crazy neighbor lady at bay, lol. But remember Uncle Ty's carbon filter, it was bigger than me and you put together!! Either way with your new project I don't really see it as much of an issue.

talktosamson

Veteran
THE SPOT***

Thought I would give everyone a peak at my autoflower spot, first picture is before soil, peralite, lots of good additives, as well as some really good natural soil.

picture.php

Next spot is with everything added in and my camo deer fence up most of the way. Everything is marinating, waiting for a May 10th planting date.

picture.php

Some of the goodies I brought with me, and packed out of course, as well as my trusty back pack that has been with me through thick and thin

picture.php

picture.php

Botanist

Should fit right in with that maple tree. Thats one thing i really miss about Oregon, Privacy everywhere.

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! just EFFIN WOW! LOVE your spot! now this is gonna be sweet to see how they do!! deer meat anyone??? LOL!

talktosamson

Veteran
WOW! just EFFIN WOW! LOVE your spot! now this is gonna be sweet to see how they do!! deer meat anyone??? LOL!

Thanks buddy, out of all my spots I found, this one I am very proud of. Its so well hidden, but the vine maple trees let in a lot of light and, you have to crawl on your belly to get into the area. Like I said above either deer are going to eat them, or I am going to smoke them. I am taking every precaution to keep the deer away!!

Anyone know what kind of yield I can expect if things go well? About 5 cubic feet of soil, and 10 auto flowers. I know both strains are medium yeilders, but I can't seem to find a thread where someone gave me finished numbers from outdoors. If I could get 5-7 ounces I would be a very happy camper. Seem reasonable?

Nice spot dude... just wow. Very beautiful dirt. Whats all that growth around it? Looks like some kind of fern?! Should help provide good camo once it starts growing some more. Though if it is fern may have time keeping it out of your spot, since fern is like bamboo and very invasive.

talktosamson

Veteran
Nice spot dude... just wow. Very beautiful dirt. Whats all that growth around it? Looks like some kind of fern?! Should help provide good camo once it starts growing some more. Though if it is fern may have time keeping it out of your spot, since fern is like bamboo and very invasive.

Thanks man, like I said when I was out scouting I saw this spot and just smiled, because I knew it would be a good one. That fern literally covers the entire forest floor in this one area that gets decent light. I actually decided to grow in this particular spot because the ferns there were bigger than any other place around it, because it gets morning sun. I went back after a week and had to pull a little new growth, but since I went down pretty deep and tossed all the plants and roots aside i'm really not worried about them taking over the spot. Like you mentioned, it should provide really good camo when they are young.

Still looking for any idea of what yield I might expect, any thoughts IC?

bromhexine

outdoor autos planted in ground? i suggest frequent watering and a deep soft bed if you want the plants to get big

talktosamson

Veteran
Soil is soft as hell, its over 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide in some places, best soil mix i have ever made. Couldn't walk for 3 days from the hike with those fucking bags of ocean forest on my shoulders and my pack on my back.

talktosamson

Veteran
But the question remains, are we still looking at 1/2-1 oz of good buds? Or will I get more because its outdoor? I will be watering once a week, bomb water perfect PH with lots of good nutes, following the feeding schedule in the stickies.

Wow Buddy, that place is tight!!!!! You know me on the guessing about the yield. As long as they dont dry out you are going to get some nice buds come the dry times.

talktosamson

Veteran
Wow Buddy, that place is tight!!!!! You know me on the guessing about the yield. As long as they dont dry out you are going to get some nice buds come the dry times.

Thanks buddy, I knew you would like it. Like I said above the purpose of this grow is so me and Homer can smoke dank buds in mid July instead of scrapping our pipes for 2 months till outdoor finishes lol.

I would say 14g's per dry...but that's only because of the limited amount of light

I don't think I have limited light, It gets really good light from dawn until about 3 pm, then there is just a very light canopy of maple trees that shade the afternoon sun. I'm hoping for a little better than that but hell 5 ounces dry in July is up here is like a pot of frigging gold :D Plus from everything I have read, an early summer harvest tastes and smells better than a fall harvest when it comes to automatic strains.

F

feral

I would say 14g's per dry...but that's only because of the limited amount of light

I would have to concur. Auto's needs lots of light 'hours' in order to develop their full potential. This is why most grow them indoors with a min. of 18 hours light per day. Although I could be wrong since the sun is more intense than a bulb being used inside so you might hit the oz mark per plant. Def. will be watching this.

NP dude. But one concern you said it is fern. No doubt they will grow there but don't expect a huge amount from this. No doubt a beautiful spot but fern is a "shade" plant thus concluding a shaded environment with part sun... probably around 4 hours or so of actual sun. Your choice but considering it won't get full sun then expect a small yield. May not be worth the time and money to invest in a small yeild.

Thanks man, like I said when I was out scouting I saw this spot and just smiled, because I knew it would be a good one. That fern literally covers the entire forest floor in this one area that gets decent light. I actually decided to grow in this particular spot because the ferns there were bigger than any other place around it, because it gets morning sun. I went back after a week and had to pull a little new growth, but since I went down pretty deep and tossed all the plants and roots aside i'm really not worried about them taking over the spot. Like you mentioned, it should provide really good camo when they are young.

Still looking for any idea of what yield I might expect, any thoughts IC?

talktosamson

Veteran
NP dude. But one concern you said it is fern. No doubt they will grow there but don't expect a huge amount from this. No doubt a beautiful spot but fern is a "shade" plant thus concluding a shaded environment with part sun... probably around 4 hours or so of actually sun. Your choice but considering it won't get full sun then expect a small yield. May not be worth the time and money to invest in a small yeild.

I guess we will just have to see what happens, like I said before this is just a side project to my big summer grow, just want smoke for the dry dry July-August months.

talktosamson

Veteran
Totally, I used to talk so much shit about auto flowers for years, and after about an ounce of blue mystic and reading the auto's page, I have converted. After your comments, I am definitely going to take a hike into the woods this week with a collapsible tree trimmer and open up the canopy around my spot way better than I have already. I think if I can even add a few hours of sun it will make all the difference

yeah all the vegetation you can remove without making a giant look here hole. We surely wont know until we try. I think this is the target idea for an auto flower anyways If your going to grow indoors you might as well grow some shrubs.

Also just for note. Most of the plants in the perimeter of the picture are bleeding heart. While it is still some what of a shade loving plant. It does require more light than a sword fern.

talktosamson

Veteran
yeah all the vegetation you can remove without making a giant look here hole. We surely wont know until we try. I think this is the target idea for an auto flower anyways If your going to grow indoors you might as well grow some shrubs.

Also just for note. Most of the plants in the perimeter of the picture are bleeding heart. While it is still some what of a shade loving plant. It does require more light than a sword fern.

Good thought buddy, I was really starting to second guess my spot there for a second. Like I said though, this spot is far from full sun but it does get really good light, and ferns absolutely cover the forest floor where I'm planting. But in my spot they were like 2 feet tall, twice as big as the others surrounding them .

Still fighting weather up here, snow level was down to 1000 feet and that's just about the elevation I am trying to plant in this year so I'm just playing the waiting game now.

Latest posts

Latest posts