What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon outdoor 2006, with BACKCOUNTRY

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats one bad ass waterfall, i could smoke bowls next to that and be at peace all day long.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
if you want your plant's to not start blooming when you move them from indoor's to out just mimic your current outdoor light cylcle's. 18/6 isnt written in stone and plant's will continue to veg under any cycle as long as they dont get 12 hour's of darkness. thing's seem to be doing well for you good luck.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Yes smokateer, I use 16/8 for my clones and mothers for outdoor use, I've found that is the shortest indoor veg time I can use without triggering blooming indoors.

Even though I use a pretty short indoor veg time, I find that many of my clones still get a little shock when they go out(go into blooming), but I'm not worried, they usually bounce back out all right.

chizzleonetime

nice grow backcountry!! ive been ponderin stickin a plant in a tree for ages lol i thought it was my idea ha

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Update!

Update!

I went and planted my 6 largest seedlings today. I planted them in a patch of Blackberry vines and Maple trees. The location is near a year round creek, and I will use it to fill a small rez to keep the plot watered. These plants were all started from seed, and none are sexed. Some OR-95, some are OR95X C99.

Hauled them to the site in a tote, which I will probably use as a water rez later on-

Looking down on the plot from the uphill end-

A picture of the Cabbage patch in my garden, you can see the 1/4" water lines from the Auto irrigation-

I just keep plugging away at this, I have lots of seedlings who need homes yet, I still have to get my irrigation systems in, and I am still trying to find a good tree near by where I can grow in a tree, as development moves into my neighborhood, previously free territory is now heavily traveled. Poopies.

Last edited:
N

Neptune

I love you Backcountry!! haha!!
much respect, good growing to you brother.. good to see you're still at it!!

peace!!

wikidcalibudgrl

Right on BackCountry :wink: Good luck on your outdoor grow! I found it funny too :tongue: i used( i just upgraded to a low profile 40 gl. rez:woohoo:) that Exact Rubbermade tote (well 2 -one inside the other) for a rez for my E&F :D

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
looking good back country, ive started a few extra seedling's myself. a couple bubblegum x mango's and a strain ive never heard of called colorado special. total about 10 new seedling's, they wont get large but they will do something and thats all that matter's

good luck on you season.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

You have been busy BackCountry. Is your plot at a lower elevation the the stream-perhaps you can use gravity to your advantage in watering.

I am very interested in your auto irrigation.

Good luck.

minds_I

medjool

Backcountry, I have a girl in my greenhouse, one stmpy the original. Bushy girl. She is still in the vermiculite.... that stuff must come from hell. It will hold water until the ends of the earth. The roots just hug the vermiculite. I wish you could see this, you would be interested. I was clueless.

:D

mrs m

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Nice backcountry......I have a few little ones outside this year.....hiding in plain site(Neptune style). I am only 100 miles north of you. When is the latest that you harvest your plants? I am thinking aroun early October.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Bacchus-I usually harvest Oct 15-25, that is when the mold starts pushing the issue, but by that time most of my stuff is pretty ripe.

I actually have a bit more to plant and show, I need to get my irrigation systems set up. My new girl freind has been taking alot of my time lately, but she loves outdoor weed, and offered to help me get some work done on it between trips to the river, etc.

Hang tight all!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Update!

Update!

I got out to water some plants on the 4th-

Auto grow #1, The plants are starting to grow up and out, looking good so far-

Auto grow #3(not clones)-

I have been watering each plant with 1 gallon or more each week, as I get each plot set up with auto irrigation my trip frequency will go way down.

Here are some pics from a recent camping trip to the local Cascades-

K

Karma Genetics

Good to see you again Backcountry... And good to see your outdoor grow this year. Keep up the good ..

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Nice grow. Good luck with it this year, I remember your threads back on OG. I'm usually just a lurker but your threads always kept my attention. I didn't start my first outdoor this year like I was planning because I thought I might be moving out of the area, but, turns out I'm staying true to that PNmothafuckin'W.

I actually made it down your way (SW Oregon) for the first time this year on a road trip to The Bay, took I-5 the whole way down, enjoyed some days in The Bay, then took HWY101 back up through Humboldt and the Redwoods (amazing!). Then over HWY199 to Grants Pass and back home up north. The best scenic drive I've ever taken in my life and now I'm actually considering moving to SW Oregon or northern CA for school. The only thing that sucked about the drive was I was unaware that in SW Oregon I-5 turns into pure chaos (cruising about 85-90 then not seeing the "50mph corner" signs). Fucked up. I had to make a pit-stop to clean my britches.

Anyways, enough stoned-out rambling. I'll be watching...

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey guys! I have not abandoned this thread so no worries!

Last year I grew somewhat close to home so I was able to do weekly updates, but this year my plants are a decent drive, and my visits have been very hit and miss, which is not great for getting all the water on them that I would like. I do intend to get my auto-irrigation plots running on their own soon, and I need to check up on my low matinence plots, I have a feeling the one down in the willow grove is beautiful right now.

At this point it looks like the treegrow test will not be happening, oh well. I need to do those things close to home, and all the properties (Private, Commercial, and Public) near to me have heavy building and development activities on them(heavy for my neck of the woods anyways), my little semi-wilderness is starting to disappear. I guess it may be time to move further into the BACKCOUNTRY, LOL! :confused:

Holdin'-That section you are talking about is the Klamath mountains of Nor-Cal/SW-OR. Specificly the Siskiyou summit(Mt.Ashland) is pretty hairy, which is located mostly in Oregon right on the border.
The Klamath mountains stretch from Roseburg OR to South of Redding CA(mostly on W. side of I-5 in California, the east side is the Cascade mountains). The section of I-5 from Grants pass to Roseburg is generally considered the most dagerous stretch of that freeway from the Mexican to Canadian boarders.

Since I have been spending so much time at my Girlfreinds house we decided to plant some of my runt plants near her place in town. They were planted in this spot cleared in the Blackberries from 2-4 weeks ago, all have grown by 3-6 times or more. The biggest has grown from 6" to 30", and is showing female along with a few of its siblings. I planted them terrace style, close together figuring I would get some fatalities, so now they are getting crowded, I'll just do my best to train them away from eachother and pick out the males early. Hell, its just extra bud added to what should be more than plenty all ready :woohoo: