What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon outdoor 2006, with BACKCOUNTRY

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Butte-Oregon is very tight on its Medical cannabis rules, after talking to many folks from California, it is plainly clear that your states program is much easier to use. They just made many of the rules tighter recently as a result of Doctors handing out cards too freely, and have been cracking down of provider/growers who bend the rules hard core. In Oregon, each med card holder can grow a limited ammount of bud, or choose to register a 2nd person as a grower/provider. Clubs(along with the "over the counter" clones) like are known in California are non-existant here.
I just don't have access to the clubs and the clones that you do, so I have not tried many "name brand" strains, I kinda wanted to get some clones this year from California to cross out with my OR95, and try indoors in my buddies grow, but it did not work out to get them back here, maybe next year.
My freind from down that way says that my OR95 and OR95/Northern lights is on par with anything comming out of the clubs, and considering that its genetics comes from 1970s Northern California/Southern Oregon(and has been bred for outdoors hardiness and potentcy, rather than looks and flavor), it is probably closely related to the ancestors(or maybe even the precursors) of most of the strains that are so popular today there.
Anyways, its time to steer this thread back to growing outdoors in the Oregon bush, I just hooked up with a nice stoner chick from the Bay area, and she is taking much of my growing time, heheh. Maybe I should put a shovel in her hand? Hmmm?
I hope to get a update done soon.

minds_I

Veteran
^^^Butte-I whole heartiedly agree with what appears to be the flagrant despensing of med cards.

I am a paraplgic-26 years now. I have been smoking pot for 30 years this fall.

MJ does indeed settle me leg spasms like notihng less I have been prescribed.

So, I finally broke down and went and got a perscription using my leg spasms as the reason.

But you know, I would smoke it anyway-even if it did not have a medicinal value with regards to my paraplegia.

But I have ran across every sort of folk that have clearly taken advantage of the system.

I also find them to be the ones that are stupidly obvious (liting up in the car at the grocery store with no concern as to who is looking) that do bait the question of legitimacy.

BC,

The more you speak of you OR95, the more interesting it sounds.

If I may ask, How many hours are you out of Ashland? I love the place-love the plays in the Eliziibethian Theatre.

I have a nice mazar that I find is on par with some of the other strains out of the Emerald Triangle. I was gifted a strain last year that is top shelf. I hope to acquire more here soon.

Now, BC, you are not going to make her ho for you are you?

Buahahahahahaha

As far as your temps go-yes, I presume you get some nice colors.

I can do without color- I can't do without quality. I have managed to get my max temps down to about 80*F and lows to about 70*F, I am thinking I should not have real bad heat issues.

It is probably more to the point that I have anxiety issues over the heat then the plants casue they look great.

Gotta go make dinner.

minds_I

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Minds I-I'm a easy drive from Ashland.
Last season we did not get any frosts before harvest, so the only plants that put on color were the OR95, who can put on a variety of colors at any temp, I had one turn a beutiful purple indoors, I'll try to find a decent picture here soon. I prefer to grow outdoors all said and done, just as God intended.

I love the whole Pacific coast from the Bay to B.C., the rich Cannabis history is old there. As growers today we owe much to the old school hippies who addapted the first Afgahnis to our climates(in the 70s) and gave rise to the many Indica and Sativa gene lines we use so much today, either themselves or as parent races(Skunk,Haze,Northern lights, Blueberry, etc, etc.).

I hope to get a update up soon, as things progress, take it easy buds.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
i will keep an eye on this for sure my friend...

keep it up.. good luck

cheers

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

BC, good to hear. I, even as I type this, am looking at the schedule for the plays this year. I am a big fan of Shakespeare's comedies. But alas, we have seen both "The Merry Wives.." and "Two Gentlemen". Well, In the 90's.

Perhaps something different this time. I do like the Elizibethian Theatre much better then the Bowmon. But I read they have a new theatre this year. So much better outside. Least it should rain (rain? in Oregon????).

Anyway, perhaps we can meet, have a beer at this little irish pub (been an irish pub for like 70+ years), smoke a bowl in Lithia park and sample the medicine.

Anyway, Has anyone considered looking into satelite USGS photos to look for springs and surface water? Combined with the gps that could work well since water is crucial having a grow near a continuous source would be a good thing.

Well da-a river. Yes, but those locations are obvious.

But this is just my thoughts about prime locations.

minds_I

D

Despie

Hey backcountry!!!

Everything is looking good this year.....as always. I agree with you on the seed comments. Im doing both this year. Last year was the first time I grew seeds and they grow 100 times faster, stronger, and tastier then clones. I will be posting soon. Havent been around anywhere for a while inlight of all the bullshit that has gone on.

Stay Safe
DespiE

Guest423

Veteran
lol this is the best humor i've seen in awhile, are you serious saying that seedlings grow 100x's faster then clones, are stronger and taste better...lol thats funny.

growing from seed sucks, you do atleast twice the amount of work and get under half the reward as you'd get if you had clones....having to keep the clone moms in your house is the only part that some people don't like. i hate germinating 100 seeds and planting them all in cups...digging 90-100 holes...having 20-30 die, or get eaten,smashed, bad weather ect....then atleast half are males not to mention the pollen that gets released if you don't watch them super careful.

don't get me wrong it's still a decent way to grow and it gets the job done...i did it that way for many years but after you get your hands on clones and you know every hole you dig and every plant your lookin at is a girl it feels so much better doing the hard work, not worrying about pollen...everything about clones is cool imo....peace

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Ah, the old seed Vs. clone debate, the fact is the majority of outdoor growers still use seeds, most people who grow out don't bother with the hassel of cloning, and the fact of the matter is it is totally unnecessary.

As far as the growth of clones compared to seed grown I have observed that clones tend to have shorter node distance, meaning that less plant has more bud. Clones tend to be much more compact, seed grown tend to grow up and out faster, I believe the reason would be because the seed grown plants tend to be less disturbed in the root department and grow very freely, and quickly.

But even though clones tend to be more compact, I am pretty sure that when compared, a clone will have more yield than a seed grown plant of the same size. I have noticed also that my C99 clones never create a terminal top, they simply create a low bush structure with many topsgoing every direction, many of my Indicas do the same, which a plant trainers dream.

A clone that is very well grown and transplanted with a very healthy root system will still have the potential to get big, but I still believe that seed grown plants have a better chance of becoming monsters in a average situation.

Time2Unite-As a grower of seeds I always have tons on hand, also I have lots of space to grow, so going and pulling some males doesn't bother me to bad in my specific situation, for a grower with limited resources(seeds, space to start them, land to grow them), it is not as realistic or efficient, especially for indoor/greenhouse growers, or growers not experienced enough yet to reconize when it is time to yank males, us old school growers have no problem with it(its actually adds to the fun of the process).

OK guys, I hope to have a update on the plants planted so far today, I have not seen any of them in over 2 weeks, so I hope to see some nice plants today. Take er easy til then!

PS-Scenes like this are what I enjoy my homegrown with-

D

Despie

Ok maybe 100 times faster was a bit of an over exaggeration, I’m not going to turn Backcountry’s diary into a debate. In "MY" experience seeds grow way more hardy and faster then clones. Like I said before I’m doing both I will be posting my diary soon. I can understand you thinking im a noob because of my post count, but don’t let that fool you Time2unite i've been in the game for about 10 years now.

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Hey a quick ? country, is underground irrigation better then above or is it all the same.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Update time!

Update time!

I went out and checked up on the existing plantings, not a ton of growth yet, but some. Many of the clones are exibiting premature blooming due to the shock of moving to a slightly different light cycle, I try to prevent this as much as possible by keeping my indoor light cycle as short as I can.

Auto-plot #1-

Auto-plot #2-

Low maintinace plot #1-

By far my favorite is LM plot #1 so far, lots of great growth there, the willows and other native plant life continue to fill in the ajoining areas to provide great cover. I did not make it to LM plot #2 as that is a difficult one to make it to, maybe next time.

My little greenhouse is overflowing with plants still waiting to get out, and i better find some time to do it!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, BC. When i had 1/4" cage around my tomatoes earlier this year, they seemed to not grow as fast as they did after i took it off. You may be getting a little shading in there, therefore not as much growth, but thats better than a dead plant. I guess if you have rodent problems then you have to use the 1/4" instead of a more open chicken wire. Using bigger rings may lower the amount of shade too. Some of your girls don't seem to mind the cage at all.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey pipeline, This is the first year I have used the fine mesh from the start, and I had that same thought about shading, but I do not think it has that much impact, some plants don't have the mesh at all and are showing the same slowness of growth. Also some of the cages are taller than others, kinda creating a illusion when compared.

Most of the the plants are showing some retardation due to premature blooming, and I am thinking that is the reason some are taking off better than others.

O

OG Royal Grower

Pretty badass grow you got going on I like your auto grow style
Peace,
OGRoyalGrower

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good, cant wait till they start taking in that sun and blow up with growth.

Guest423

Veteran
lookin good BC, so i'm not the only one that has clones starting to bud already huh, i hope they snap out of it and get back to vegging...i had my cycle 18-6 i figured they wouldn't bud when i transplanted outside but the dutch treats and nigerian nitmares already look like they've been budding for 2 weeks. i gotta get out tonight and plant some small plants i grew from seed...kodiak gold and my own cross i made Thunderskunk ( kodiak gold x skunk special ) they should do really well outside around here....i'm givin them a nice test run this year so i know if they are clone worthy for next season.....keep up the good work....peace

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey, thanks you guys! I am looking forward to a good season.

I just got back from the coast, here are some pictures from my trip over the coast ranges, and down on the coast, between from Bandon to north of Reedsport-
Salmon Berries and a waterfall from the coast range-

Harbor seals near Badon-

Roses from Shore acres, south of Coos bay-

Sunset near Coos bay-

Siltcoose beach, north of Reedsport-

minds_I

Veteran
Hello,

Love the coast-Patricks point and north is just spectacular. I have never been to the southern coast of Oregon, I am sure it is just as beautiful.

I love the beach shot. I lived in Florida on the Gulf coast of the panhandle as a small child-the water there ws so warm. But the Pacific-she is a cold hearted bitch as we used to say in the Navy.

minds_I