What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon 4 Rec Plant Outdoor Grow Competition 2016

Dankwolf

Observation that i find odd is my cheesequake is 10% amber yet has many sings that it is no where close to being done . has not even hit swell yet . i guessing it will be 80%- 90% amber at finish . also the one test i saw done on this cut was above 20% thc and above 10% cbd i wounder if that has any thing to do with how it ambers prematurely ?

Aota1

My Cherry Skunk is looking and smelling tremendous! I wish it was 20x bigger but I play the hand I'm dealt. Looking to move before next summer so hopefully more sun and space next year!

Attachments

• 20161009_160808.jpg
    20161009_160808.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 38

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Observation that i find odd is my cheesequake is 10% amber yet has many sings that it is no where close to being done . has not even hit swell yet . i guessing it will be 80%- 90% amber at finish . also the one test i saw done on this cut was above 20% thc and above 10% cbd i wounder if that has any thing to do with how it ambers prematurely ?

I think the sugar leave's trichomes will amber first as they are exposed to the most direct sunlight, especially on prominent colas. I think in order to get a better idea of the true maturity of the strain you need to look more towards the bottom of nugs or in between the sugar leaves on the calyxes and what not. This is purely my opinion however :2cents:

PDX Dopesmoker

I think the sugar leave's trichomes will amber first as they are exposed to the most direct sunlight, especially on prominent colas. I think in order to get a better idea of the true maturity of the strain you need to look more towards the bottom of nugs or in between the sugar leaves on the calyxes and what not. This is purely my opinion however :2cents:

I agree with that opinion, I have a plant thats been too close to the LED panel & I just looked at the top today in macro mode for the first time a couple weeks. The little upward facing leaves near the top are a slaughterhouse of amber topped, decapitated stipes:
mht1Kzt.jpg

This calyx is within a inch of that leaf, but not in as much direct light & shows much fewer missing trichome heads & less amber:
EjKk48e.jpg

Dankwolf

Cheesequake before the storm. Wish me luck.

Cheesequake before the storm. Wish me luck.

She is all ready falling all over the place and my make shift greenhouse probably wont make it lol.

Dankwolf

The white (supposedly)

The white (supposedly)

This will be my little pain in the but it comes in every evening . i put it out way late.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Everyone's contributions to this thread have been great. I don't really feel like voting on anything anymore lol.... Everyone's a winner here. Feel free to pm me too try my genetics.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Nice finish bigdank, great color. Looks like some grade A outdoor with an excellent yeild.
What is the OB in your cross?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Love the full plant hang . nice work
Yeah sometimes you gotta just saw her down like a tree and sled her ina shop for a good hanging. Hung her myself. Ain't got no help at this garden.

Nice finish bigdank, great color. Looks like some grade A outdoor with an excellent yeild.
What is the OB in your cross?

Right on bro, its not bad. The ob is Obama kush and the Mk is mickey kush.

Dankwolf

Cheesequake 10/19/16

Cheesequake 10/19/16

Fighting temps but still going good . it looking like i am going to be cutting it in November.

Dankwolf

Cheesequake 10/27/16

Cheesequake 10/27/16

Its looking like another 1 1/2 to 2 weeks . i could cut now but i dont care for premature smoke . odd thing is half the plant is petty much ready and other half has two weeks easy to go and is completly random . i sure it has to do with all the abuse/neglect it got.

PDX Dopesmoker

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69291&pictureid=1667073&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Its looking like another 1 1/2 to 2 weeks . i could cut now but i dont care for premature smoke . odd thing is half the plant is petty much ready and other half has two weeks easy to go and is completly random . i sure it has to do with all the abuse/neglect it got.

I did progressive harvest on a couple plants, the unfinished bud fattened up a lot quicker after the tops were cut. That big Cheesequake looks great, I really like smoking that strain, tasty & potent every time I've had it.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

When i tried Cheesequake localy it was vary good dispite looking horrible(maching trimed) the high thc coulpled with high cbd makes for a pretty crippling high even though it lookes so so . next year i plan to do a big Cheesequake just for the bragging rights. hopefully 25' wide by like 10' tall in like a 800 gallon if laws still permit such a plant.

Dankwolf

Update on "the white" she is in green house now . went out on 9/10/16

Update on "the white" she is in green house now . went out on 9/10/16

Latest posts

Latest posts