What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon 4 Rec Plant Outdoor Grow Competition 2016

Dankwolf

Cheesequake is staking better then i thought it would . got a good shot of weather for the next week could not ask for more .

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Your correct, good eye. All kimbo kush, front right plant is a different pheno.

Your correct, good eye. All kimbo kush, front right plant is a different pheno.

Looking good . they look almost like differnt plants . must be all that nice color coming in .

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
"Front pheno" Different how ?

3 of them are clones from a chosen kimbo kush pheno started from seed over a year ago or so indoors. I brought 3 of 4 to this location, and left one in the original location the cuts were hardened off outdoors at.
The front right phenotype was started from seed at the start of the season
About 5 seeds were popped.4 of them didn't make the cut due to mutant/poor vigor/male, one female was chose to stay with the 3 cuts brought there.
It seems to be a different phenotype than the kimbo kush mother I chose originally judging by it's a larger stalk and branches. Seems to have much larger leafs also.
Seems to fade quicker than the rest
Bigger yeild
Very similar smell and bud structure characteristics.

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Good luck with that big Cheesequake. I had a half O of that strain last winter, it was really delicious & plenty potent. I have a two other TGA strains going and one of them is going to have to be harvested on Halloween if the weather holds out (it won't). The one that started early & flowers quickly enough for a good harvest by Oct 1 is Cuvee, which is a cross of a strain from Stoney Girl Gardens with TGA genetics' genetics (AKA Space Dude). So I'm guessing that TGA's Space Dude crosses (all of their strains pretty much) aren't going to generally work to perfection outdoors in Oregon unless (maybe) the Mother was an early bloomer, which is something the Pinot mother (from Stoney Grill) of Cuvee is supposed to do.
Anyone else have luck with outdoor TGA genetics this year?

Mickey kush has some early dank outdoor phenos. I grow it and the crosses of it I made. Tga discontinued it recently but homegrown natural wonders distributes it now.

Dankwolf

Nice consistent plants big dank. Hard to do with all the vairebles that plage us. True skill is represented in a person consistent results . nice work

PDX Dopesmoker

Mickey kush has some early dank outdoor phenos. I grow it and the crosses of it I made. Tga discontinued it recently but homegrown natural wonders distributes it now.

Thanks, I talked to Jinxproof at Hempfest & he suggested Jesus OG, Go Time & Shangrila for outdoor growing locally.

Dankwolf

Requested early cheesequake pics .

Requested early cheesequake pics .

The plant was veged in a 10 gallon ruber made container for 3 weeks indoor . then flowered for two weeks indoor in same 10 gallon pot . i ran out of room for it due to stretch so i put it out side july 4th . hear is a pic of it at that point ( its the one thats right up front).
This pic is from late july . i hade just transplanted it to a 65 gallon plastic pot because it was root bound bad .
This pic is from early August just before mites hit it hard i had got busy and neglected it .
This is a pic after transplant and staking early to mid augest . in early september i used a vollyball net as a scrog screen tied betwen stakes pictured. I was inbthe middle of battaling mites at this time . plant ws doing bad. Also was in full reveg. I did alot of training and timing up larf for the next 20 to 30 days . you know the rest. Plant could easily been a hell of alot bigger and stronger .

And yes it is a clone .

Dankwolf

Requested info on cheesequake

Requested info on cheesequake

Its in a 300 or so gallon potter roots are well through potter and deep in ground lol. As far as yeild i cant really say for sure do to weather and i have not grown it before and plant was mistreated many times. There are around 150 colas total and i am guessing at 2 foot per cola it should yeild at least an once a branch averege betwwen them all . so thats roughly 150 zips which is 9.375 #s. But i would be happy with 6# to 9# Will have to harvest it over a period of time to meet oregon laws :biggrin:)

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Past few weeks it's been a bit rainy, but clouds pass and it's sunny half the day. Just back and fourth all day, really nice rainforest type weather here in portland.
Haven't watered for almost two weeks now, the rain has been doing all the work for me.

Dankwolf

I went on vacation for about a week and wether has been cloudy .growth has been a bit slow for my liking but the sun gives me what it gives me .

Dankwolf

A up close and a side shot .

A up close and a side shot .

Got a little purple starting hope it keeps going . grape soda smell and purple that would be kind of cool .