What's new

Opiated Weed: Is There any Truth in it?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Smoked Temple Balls back in the 1970's and they had streaks of white throughout the black like reverse Chocolate Ripple ice cream. My understanding at the time was mold from the curing process.
Moldy bud seemed to be a fad for a short time and many a powdery bud was ignited with a similar flavor as the Temple Balls.

As for opiates, I grow Dwarf Danish Flag from seeds purchased online. They only reach three feet and can be grown inside.
This is Alaska, if it does not grow inside it does not grow.

Photo of a bee on a pod. I put some plants outside during solstice to see if 21 hours a day of real sun would make a difference.
It did, all the pods ended up with insect damage from being outdoors. Indoor plants remained unblemished.
Every dark spot is an insect bite, the sap makes the bugs loopy and they do not continue their meals.
Similar to what it does to us.

Anyway, the gist of the post is I could never get the opiates to smoke simultaneous with the marijuana buds.
Concentrates, oh yeah, but buds, no.

Attachments

• Manouvers around flowers to get to the pods.jpg
    Manouvers around flowers to get to the pods.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Every nibble by a bug gets an over reaction from the pod.jpg
    Every nibble by a bug gets an over reaction from the pod.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 17

St. Phatty

Pure Cannabis is a Force of Nature :)

Of course, Opium is a useful plant too.

One of the varieties that is commonly sold, is Danish Flag.

It is straight Papaver Somniferum, THE opium poppy, but it is considered to be a lower potency plant. So the DEA doesn't sweat it, sort of.

The leaves taste like Butter Lettuce but grow like Romaine. The poppy flowers come at the end, after the lettuce.

Since they're both powerful drugs I'm not super comfortable with mixing them, Cannabis and opiates, in the same preparation. Mixing them sort of guarantees that the dosing will be, too much.

Better the right amount of a good thing, than too much !

as it is with JAGERMEISTER :party:

sometimes the opium seeds are mixed in with "California wildflower" mixes. Again, sold at farm supply stores etc. The opium seeds are usually the tiniest seeds, round in shape, blue gray in color.

I've had good experiences with 32 ounces malt liquor, so ... whatever works.