What's new

Opiated Weed: Is There any Truth in it?

floralheart

Veteran
LOL okay well lets break this one down piece by piece shall we lol cause it's so interesting.. Laced weed I've done it so it's not a stretch but will a guy do it to you??:
I doubt it WHY? ,,,Cause it would cost him more then the bud is worth so why wouldn't he just sell the weed and then sell the opium? not rocket science LOL headband 707

because crack heads do weird shit. and when they need money for crack, meth, pills or whatever they're into they'll sell their soul, but first they'll sell their weed that they've dipped, sprayed, dusted or done whatever to to get higher.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
was going to post it in my "bud isn't dry enough" thread but I am certain some especially wet buds someone gave me were/are laced with something. I was telling people it was the most potent indica I've ever smoked in my life. And it had a REALLY hard time drying.
Got a new batch somewhere else, beautiful buds and great high. Been smoking bowls to the head for 24 hours. Did some cleaning, found one of these "never dry nugz" - took one big hit and I'm destroyed. There was a particular odor to the bud once burning...like a chemical. Sour almost? Definitely not opium. Unless... IDK what to say. This shit has to be laced. I'd better finish smoking it in case it's like an illegal drug or something. (smokes the rest and stumbles back to forum hours later, probably)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Ex wife tells a story of walking into a 'drying shed' of her brother in law's. Someone in there was 'spraying' and she didn't think anything of it.

Someone saw her in there without a respirator and pulled her out quick. She says she was told they were spraying 'opium' on the hanging plants but she's not positive. She was doped up, nearly comatose and puking... for the rest of the day and then some.

This was in the pacific northwest in probably the late 80's?

Anyway... just figured I'd toss that in there fwiw. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Ex wife tells a story of walking into a 'drying shed' of her brother in law's. Someone in there was 'spraying' and she didn't think anything of it.

Someone saw her in there without a respirator and pulled her out quick. She says she was told they were spraying 'opium' on the hanging plants but she's not positive. She was doped up, nearly comatose and puking... for the rest of the day and then some.

This was in the pacific northwest in probably the late 80's?

Anyway... just figured I'd toss that in there fwiw. :)

i'd spray everything i owned and then smoke it. Clothes, books, hair, pubes.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I have had sticks dipped back in the late 70,s early 80's.. There was no question that these had opium on them. We all know what being high is like no big deal. dipped Thai Sticks would make you very dopey lethargic slow motion. Sometimes I got sick.. These where not around very often. Im pretty sure I enjoyed them half a dozen times back then...

Yup. No question. Used to get opiated hash and Thai sticks back in the 70s. By the way, opiates are extremely cheap right now. Black tar heroin from Mexico cheaper than weed.

Ortiz_NE

Yup. No question. Used to get opiated hash and Thai sticks back in the 70s. By the way, opiates are extremely cheap right now. Black tar heroin from Mexico cheaper than weed.

you're telling me pounds of black tar are going for like 2 grand? Even though tar is a sloppy version of heroin thats barely refined it isnt that cheap bro. Ki's of #4 powder on the east coast are like 60 grand, even though tar is the shittier version it isn't that cheap. Plus going back to what I said before- you cant smoke heroin like you do weed! Direct contact of flame to H destroys it, thats why people vape it off of foil

This is like people talking about ecstasy pills laced with heroin...the amount of H you'd need to eat to feel anything wouldn't fit in a pill that small

Spent a little time along the Mekong River in the late 60's. We got Thaisticks and another breed of MJ that the locals told us was "cured in opium". The "other breed" was buds rolled in striped brown and beige waxed paper about 3/4 the size of a roll of dimes with minute white flakes of ? covering the buds.Don't really know what it was...but I do know I've never smoked anything like it in the last 50 years. It was hallucinogenic to a degree and you were worthless/useless, sometimes incoherent, and totally RIPPED for about 45 minutes after sharing a joint with three friends. Heavy.

could have been cooked liquid opium that had weed dipped in this laced water and then left out in the sun to dry...

based on the region you were in, mekong river circa 1960s..it wouldn't be too far out to suggest you smoked china white heroin laced weed..over in the states the cost of lacing china white heroin with weed wouldn't be practical business wise but in parts of china in the 60s..it wouldn't have been to far fetched for a westerner to be offered heroin laced weed...good story thanks for sharing :tiphat:

i'd bet money you smoked heroin not opium...

heroin can be smoked especially the pure stuff, opium makes one tired and sleepy/dreamy where heroin will make one high as a kite, and being ripped.

Ortiz_NE

holy shit I've said it many times in this thread...yes heroin can be smoked but you can't smoke it in a bowl on top of weed. Direct contact from a lighter is so too high of a temp and the dope is destroyed in the process. Even the powder heroin that is strong enough to be smoked needs to vaporized, like on foil with a lighter held underneath

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Poppies

Poppies

Grow Your own. Make Your own Opiated weed if You like.

picture.php

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
holy shit I've said it many times in this thread...yes heroin can be smoked but you can't smoke it in a bowl on top of weed. Direct contact from a lighter is so too high of a temp and the dope is destroyed in the process.

So you've tried this?

In my experience the lighter only destroys a bit of the opium/heroin. The rest burns JUST FINE when the bowl is smoldering. (Edit: Why would you put it on "Top" of the bowl instead of "In" the cannabis.) No... it's not optimum, but it's certainly devastating. Stop spreading nonsense.

Please...

Ortiz_NE

opium isnt very common in the US to get...most "opium" sold is either tar or just incense. And no why would I try smoking it like that when its the most inefficient way of consuming it? Tar heroin is something that is only found primarily on the west coast, but I promise you nobody over there is smoking it on top of bowls of weed unless they are complete idiots. That's like sprinkling coke on top of bowls or in joints

to me thats like somebody snorting kief or weed. Even if you were to layer heroin in a pipe between weed it still barely works, if at all

Chemfinder lists the following for Diacetylmorphine (heroin):

mp 173°, bp(12) 272-274°

And for the hydrochloride salt:

mp 243-244°

Bic lighter flame burns at ~1000 degrees

opium would have a similar vaporization temp to heroin because it's just codeine/morphine/thebaine

anyway have fun lighting your money on fire if you choose to smoke your tar/opium like that

Storm Shadow

Veteran
My Iranian Hashplant makes you feel like you popped a few Opana :) Pure truth to people who've claimed herb has made them feel this way.... The bomb that keeps you feeling this euphoria for hours until your eyes lids slam shut with your stomach feeling like your gonna explode from the late night drive through you didnt need but had to get :) Yeah those days are niceeeee

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I have had sticks dipped back in the late 70,s early 80's.. There was no question that these had opium on them. We all know what being high is like no big deal. dipped Thai Sticks would make you very dopey lethargic slow motion. Sometimes I got sick.. These where not around very often. Im pretty sure I enjoyed them half a dozen times back then...

Me too! :D

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Smoked a bunch of opium through a volcano vaporizer back in the 90s in Eugene oregon. Only lasted a few days. Kept noticing myself in a fog coming back into my head in strange places. At traffic lights while driving. On the ground at the park. Was not terribly fun. Just a way to erase a few days. Never saw opium again. And a few years later several of my friends dedicated themselves to serious addiction and I totally lost what tiny bit of interest I had.

Too bad dmt bud does not work as good as it should. Now that would be something to put on a stick and make legends out of.

Green Squall

Spent a little time along the Mekong River in the late 60's. We got Thaisticks and another breed of MJ that the locals told us was "cured in opium". The "other breed" was buds rolled in striped brown and beige waxed paper about 3/4 the size of a roll of dimes with minute white flakes of ? covering the buds.Don't really know what it was...but I do know I've never smoked anything like it in the last 50 years. It was hallucinogenic to a degree and you were worthless/useless, sometimes incoherent, and totally RIPPED for about 45 minutes after sharing a joint with three friends. Heavy.

I remember talking with someone who claimed opiated hash back in the day had white flakes in it. I doubted him at the time, but since then a few people have confirmed this was common.

Meanwhile, naive, young me bought "opium" at a festival and it definitely wasn't opium lol. Not sure what the hell it was, but it wasn't opium.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I remember the opiated black hash. It was $8 a gram. I cant remember if it had speckles. It was 45 years ago

Hank Hemp

Veteran
It had speckles. Wasn't it from Afganistan? how ever you spell it. Friends use to get it in Germany.