What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Open Discussion: What sort of stickies do you want to see?

VortexPower420

Veteran
Mr. Sterling, first thanks for all your hard work (and all of the others behind the scenes) in cleaning up the organic section and making it more welcoming.

My thoughts on the new sticky s are...

New and old Rols threads
Making organic potting soil
Worming 101
Living mulch
Dead mulch
Minerals
Composting
Foraging etiquette and sourcing plant materials
Bokashi/EM
FPE
Sprout Teas
ACT
Integrated pest and dis-ease management
Foliar sprays

These are the 15 points that I think are most important. There are already great threads for most but maybe a few new ones are in order.

With the great explanations of CEC and soil building recipes in the ROLS thread and all of the suggestions there you can then study more in depth in the more specialized stickies.

Thanks again to all the hard work from everyone here ground breaking stuff.

Timbuktu

Cann

"Would like to see a sticky on some of what to avoid while on your organic quest...."

:yeahthats Yup. That would be a great sticky and save a lot of folks time and $$

My thoughts on stickies...lets make this as approachable as possible from a newbs standpoint...think about a n00b chem grower stumbling into the forum..what do we want them to read first? something to dispel the stoner science myths? beginner organic stuff like soil food web, mycorrhizae, worms, etc? i honestly have no idea what would be the most helpful...

also agreed that there should be some sort of rough table of contents at the beginning of the monster ROLS thread. otherwise that thread is too daunting for most folks to take a stab at...which is unfortunate given how much amazing info it contains.

almost every one of von's suggestions is spot on...especially the organic bikini ladies :) but for real, foraging natural plants for fertilizer would be a prime sticky.

also organic infirmary is a must...we don't want our folks heading to the main infirmary for issues lol...they aren't going to get the advice they're looking for. "just go pick up some eagle-20".... :wallbash:

A list of organic vendors,oyster shell powder,neem cake.Maybe a list for US and UK,or?

Benefits of growing organically,environment impact,health.

Alien_Dawg

A charts & graphics collection sticky.

picture.php

View image in gallery

MileHighGuy

Veteran
A list of organic vendors,oyster shell powder,neem cake.Maybe a list for US and UK,or?

Benefits of growing organically,environment impact,health.

Or at the very least, contact these people and see if they want to advertise here..... I bet www.neemresource.com would pay to be on here, she mentioned to me before that she was advertising in high times for the first time.... I think she would do better with a crowd like ours.

B

bajangreen

One about stories of how we turned organic. or our first organic grows.

I see a lot of things being mentioned that don't exist. To those who mentioned them, you should use your ideas to make the threads LOL. Lots of good ideas...

LilMan72003

Soil Science 101, Thermophilic compost, Vermicompost, Organic Micro/macro nutrients, IPM, ROLS...just some ideas!

Neo 420

Veteran
I see a lot of things being mentioned that don't exist. To those who mentioned them, you should use your ideas to make the threads LOL. Lots of good ideas...
I'm working on a few 101's presented in a style that new and old members can appreciate and understand. They will be lengthy but great reads! :)

Buddy Holly

this forum is overrun by johnny come latelys that are all falling over themselves trying to be an authority on something they just learned about six months ago. great to see people getting into it but man your shit still stinks even if you grow organically. this forum has tons of great info and most of it was here before 2013 believe it or not. most of it has been stickied. why it isnt anymore, who knows.

its like new management at a company. start changing stuff just to say they changed it. not cuz its actually better.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wonder how it might be to have the bulk of the stickies as compiled reads w/ organized data and tables of contents

the usual topics maybe from getting started on to harvest like;

compost/humus/wormbin
soil building/mixing
seed starting/cloning
botanicals/topdresses/foliar feeds
flowering
harvest

all "for instance" w/ those kinds of threads being closed/read only {since they are stickied anyway}

then; an active sticky for the infirmary

it would give everyone an easy reference as we discuss the typical talking points~ and; instead of making comments like 'read more stuff' we can say something like; "it's in the sticky on flowering'

whats more {and we kinda have been doing that} the compilations should be a community effort where someone starts a thread ~likely intended to provide the data for the sticky~ then we all contribute and; ultimately someone who knows enough to filter some of the erroneous data but w/o being biased could sort it in to the final stickied format where it would end up being closed so it doesnt have all the back and forth or dissenting opinions or any mis-information

Last edited:
M

MrSterling

Hey Buddy man, sorry you feel that way. Lots of us have been here for a very long time though. I think your interpretation of events is both unfair and inaccurate. If you want to blame new management for the stickies being changed you can go talk to our supermod Vonforne and others who decided that course of action. I guess the majority of the mod/admin staff are just a bunch of FNGs though, eh?

V

vonforne

Ya I am a newb here. Just signed up and started posting a few months ago here in OS. lol

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The information is recycled, refined and distilled until we are 100% sure it is correct. Then we openly share with the world.

Yes a compost/vermicompost sticky.

I like the idea of a link-o-rama. So many good threads and it just gets messy with them all up top.

Would a one thread sticky get too much as an organic infirmary? I mean too messy if/when it gets busy. Are we allowed another sub-forum like the recycled soil one?

:smoweed:

M

MrSterling

Both of ya calm down and take it to pm if it's an issue and if it's this big of an issue take it to mods.

OB, you've been here long enough to know not to pay attention to unhelpful ratings OR neg rep. That green bar doesn't matter naught. I expect better out of both of you as contributing members of this community.

Embrace the huge common ground we all hold instead of fighting about the minor details which we disagree on.

Latest posts

Latest posts