What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Online meds without prescription for dog (although also used on people)

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have no income, so can not afford being robbed by veterinarian for simple things. They want dog to have visit for $100 and $200 blood test every year, just for heartworm pill prescription for another $100, even if taking all year round. Found candavet that sends them without a prescription from Australia.

Just found full tick on couch, and have 6 dogs, Vet could cost $2400 just to test them all. Does anyone know of a legitimate online pharmacy that ships antibiotics (doxycycline) without prescription? Would likely have to be outside USA. Have googled, but worried about losing my money to scam. Saw one review said they used someone 3 times, and fourth never got their shipment (review from this month and seems seller was in Russia).

Or if you know a veterinarian in USA that is not a greedy bastard and would send a prescription for a small fee.

TIA

shithawk420

Veteran
I have no income, so can not afford being robbed by veterinarian for simple things. They want dog to have visit for $100 and $200 blood test every year, just for heartworm pill prescription for another $100, even if taking all year round. Found candavet that sends them without a prescription from Australia.

Just found full tick on couch, and have 6 dogs, Vet could cost $2400 just to test them all. Does anyone know of a legitimate online pharmacy that ships antibiotics (doxycycline) without prescription? Would likely have to be outside USA. Have googled, but worried about losing my money to scam. Saw one review said they used someone 3 times, and fourth never got their shipment (review from this month and seems seller was in Russia).

Or if you know a veterinarian in USA that is not a greedy bastard and would send a prescription for a small fee.

TIA

I'm sorry to hear this Loc.i wouldn't count on any vet sending meds in the mail though.you could maybe get antibiotics from a dentist or doctor free if you got insurance.just say your gums and teeth hurt.best of luck bro

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Fuckin ticks are nothing. heartworms are a big deal. This is what I have done for over 20 years, and started again for this spring today. Go get ya some Ivermectin - at co-op type farm stores the stuff is used to inject cattle for heartworms. The brand name is 'Agrimectin'. It is under $50 for 50cc. Get a small syringe and needle also.

Draw out 1cc per 100# of dawg, ie 60# dawg is 0.6cc. Squirt it on the food. That will last you a month. And another month, and so on through misquito season. I stop around November. Under $1 per 100# dawg per month.

If the dawg already has bad heartworms, be ready for it to die when the dead worms break loose. A baby aspirin for a week or two before the first treatment may help. If the dawg doesn't have heartworms, or you feel lucky, just start the treatment.

If you get covid, same dose rate, but I would do 1cc one day, then 1cc the next.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I'm sorry to hear this Loc.i wouldn't count on any vet sending meds in the mail though.you could maybe get antibiotics from a dentist or doctor free if you got insurance.just say your gums and teeth hurt.best of luck bro

I tried that last year telling doctor on phone a tick bit me. My mother got bit twice and doctor just sent prescription to pharmacy. My doctor wanted me to come in for blood test.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Fuckin ticks are nothing. heartworms are a big deal. This is what I have done for over 20 years, and started again for this spring today. Go get ya some Ivermectin - at co-op type farm stores the stuff is used to inject cattle for heartworms. The brand name is 'Agrimectin'. It is under $50 for 50cc. Get a small syringe and needle also.

Draw out 1cc per 100# of dawg, ie 60# dawg is 0.6cc. Squirt it on the food. That will last you a month. And another month, and so on through misquito season. I stop around November. Under $1 per 100# dawg per month.

If the dawg already has bad heartworms, be ready for it to die when the dead worms break loose. A baby aspirin for a week or two before the first treatment may help. If the dawg doesn't have heartworms, or you feel lucky, just start the treatment.

If you get covid, same dose rate, but I would do 1cc one day, then 1cc the next.

I am in area of very high lyme disease rate in deer. If you want heart medicine cheap without vet, candavet website does not need prescription and have cheap generic. Where I am is so cold, we have no mosquitoes most of year. I have no income so bought heartgard for 100 pound dogs, and cut them up and weigh on milligram scale. My dogs are 5 to 20 pounds.

I have 250ML of Ivermectin for cattle i bought when one dog got mange from dead animal in yard. F-ing bastard vet charged $450 for visit. Used 15 cents worth of Ivermectin on othe 3 dogs at that time, applied to skin, just in case they caught it. That is mite condition. Only have seen Amoxicylin and Doxycycline used for Lyme.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I know many people including a local dog kennel owner who used fish antibiotics for their dogs and no prescription is required. ;)

Will look into that. I had heard that in past also. Might have to buy a lot, but far cheaper than greedy vets.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That Ivermectin should cover you for heartworms then. My vet says it is good stuff. That, and rabies shots, is all my dawg gets. They last a long time.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I know many people including a local dog kennel owner who used fish antibiotics for their dogs and no prescription is required. ;)

Thank you so much!!! Fish pi;;s are 500mg Amoxicylin. One pill will probably prevent it in all 6 dogs. Will just put a little each dogs food for next week. Says not intended for humans, but that might be because of high dose. People usually get 100mg. This is like the mange problem I had. Vet charged $450 and bought medication online for other dogs just in case, and was 15 cents for each dog, used as topical, from cattle Ivermectin topical.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Researched and only thing about fish antibiotics is manufacturer not under FDA supervision. Ordered from Chewy. Thanks again.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I've used fish antibiotics on myself and pets in the past. The only issue with self is that they aren't buffered so may cause stomach upset.

Free advice, take with food! :D

As far as Vets charging so much for 'nothing', this is because of the high overhead due to the cost of very expensive equipment to treat other conditions.

Cvh

Supermod
I highly recommend not to buy prescription medicine online. You don't know what's inside those pills or if its just a scam and you even never get a package. Also watch out when you order internationally, customs might not like it either.

​​​​​

shithawk420

Veteran
I highly recommend not to buy prescription medicine online. You don't know what's inside those pills or if its just a scam and you even never get a package. Also watch out when you order internationally, customs might not like it either.

​​​​​

I have to agree with this.most logical answer.talk to me Loc.i gotta get some antibiotics soon anyway

Three Berries

​​​​​

I use to take a very popular high blood pressure med. It got recalled three times due to cancer causing ingredients. I saw the other day they recalled another similar one. How many bad pills got out into the market before they got caught? FDA can be bought quite easily it appears.

Here's an online pharmacy from India that will work with you.

XXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Loc Dog

Veteran
I use to take a very popular high blood pressure med. It got recalled three times due to cancer causing ingredients. I saw the other day they recalled another similar one. How many bad pills got out into the market before they got caught? FDA can be bought quite easily it appears.

Here's an online pharmacy from India that will work with you.

XXXXXXXX

Half the ads for prescriptions talk about it causing stroke, blindness, liver damage, brain damage, cancers, death, etc..

Loc Dog

Veteran

Ivermectin can be harmful (very) to herding breeds with certain genes.

sneezydog

^^good to know. i have used tobacco for some worms, not sure about exactly what survives, about a quarter of a cigarette for a 50 lb dog but start smaller in dose...Uncle recommended chewing tobacco.
Also fed them diatomaceous earth.
I am worried most about hearworm, but dont want to hit them with meds all the time.
let us know.how the fish version works. i looked that amoxoxillan up on chewy and it was out of stock

Three Berries

^^good to know. i have used tobacco for some worms, not sure about exactly what survives, about a quarter of a cigarette for a 50 lb dog but start smaller in dose...Uncle recommended chewing tobacco.
Also fed them diatomaceous earth.
I am worried most about hearworm, but dont want to hit them with meds all the time.
let us know.how the fish version works. i looked that amoxoxillan up on chewy and it was out of stock

I make a tea out of tobacco and use that on open wounds. It is a pain killer and an antiseptic. very effective.