What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Online meds without prescription for dog (although also used on people)

sneezydog

well i have an open wound i am using chinese powder and salt water soaks on but i will try this just to see if its faster. why not just a gob of wet tobacco taped to the spot?

Three Berries

well i have an open wound i am using chinese powder and salt water soaks on but i will try this just to see if its faster. why not just a gob of wet tobacco taped to the spot?

I don't know. I use a ban aid, then wipe the outside of the dressing to close off the pores. Then I keep the wound wet for a couple days at most. It's usually started to close off enough for just a band aid by then.. It's strong stuff so straight from the fibers may be irritating.

It's an old Mormon treatment .

gizmo666

in the uk someone in your position would only need to approach any animal organisation(pdsa.rspca, dog rehoming centers) and vetinary care will be provided
is there not any organisations that you could approach rather than taking any unnecessary risks with online meds you have no history or safeguards with?

Green Squall

Thank you so much!!! Fish pi;;s are 500mg Amoxicylin. One pill will probably prevent it in all 6 dogs. Will just put a little each dogs food for next week. Says not intended for humans, but that might be because of high dose. People usually get 100mg. This is like the mange problem I had. Vet charged $450 and bought medication online for other dogs just in case, and was 15 cents for each dog, used as topical, from cattle Ivermectin topical.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. I first heard about people buying fish antibiotics on a prepper forum when I was researching food preservation. Apparently a lot of those types of people stockpile it.

Doing a quick google search though, there seem to be plenty of cheap generic lyme disease prevention meds out there and I would definitely buy some considering you live in a hot spot area. Deer ticks are like a plague, but keep in mind you're not likely to contract it unless its been attached for over 24 hours.

And as Gizmo666 mentioned, definitely reach out to animal aid organizations. Even if they can't help, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
in the uk someone in your position would only need to approach any animal organisation(pdsa.rspca, dog rehoming centers) and vetinary care will be provided
is there not any organisations that you could approach rather than taking any unnecessary risks with online meds you have no history or safeguards with?

Doubt they have that here. In UK they give people treatment, not here.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have heard that diatomaceous earth is good to get rid of worms, but I don't know about heartworms. I have had vets agree the Ivermectn is safe and effective for them at the dose rate ORALLY for heartworms.

Good luck. Our buddies depend on us.

Three Berries

5a5fef911c9c4db3ff48d3af756bdc54d3cdc4c7fabc8ccd30d99b5d97b035b6.jpg

In the mean time our government is sending out 500M Covid Test Kits with poison in them.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/re...-liquid-substance-used-commonly-pest-control/

buzzmobile

Veteran

In the mean time our government is sending out 500M Covid Test Kits with poison in them.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/re...-liquid-substance-used-commonly-pest-control/

It's important to READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. I bolded the amount of the Extraction Reagent and instructions #8, #11, #18. Less than 1 ml of sodium azide will do little harm to the illiterate.
https://globalpointofcare.eifu.abbott/en/detail-screen.html
REAGENTS AND MATERIALS
Materials Provided
Test Cards (1, 2, or 10):A cardboard, book-shaped hinged test card containing the test strip
Extraction Reagent (1, 2, or):Bottle containing <1 mL of extraction reagent
Nasal Swabs (1, 2, or 10):Sterile swab for use with BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test
Patient Instructions for Use (1)
Individual Fact Sheet (1)
PRECAUTIONS
1.Forin vitrodiagnostic use.
2.This product has not been FDA cleared or approved but has been authorized by FDA under
an EUA.
3.Wear safety mask or other face covering when collecting anterior nares swab specimen from
a child or another individual.
4.Use of gloves is recommended when conducting testing.
5.Keep testing kit and kit components out of the reach of children and pets before and after
use.
6.This product has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not
for any other viruses or pathogens.
7.The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that
circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for
detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug
and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or
authorization is revoked sooner.
8.Proper sample collection and handling are essential for correct results.
9.Do not use a kit that has been opened and/or tampered with.
10.Leave test card sealed in its foil pouch until just before use. Do not use if pouch is damaged
or open.
11.Do not dip the swab into the liquid reagent or other liquid before inserting the swab into the
nose.

12.Do not touch swab tip when handling the swab sample.
13.Do not use kit past its expiration date.
14.Do not mix components from different kit lots.
15.All kit components are single use items. Do not use with multiple specimens. Do not reuse
the used test card or swab.
16.Dispose of kit components and patient samples in household trash.
17.INVALID RESULTS can occur when an insufficient volume of extraction reagent is added to
the test card. To ensure delivery of adequate volume, hold bottle vertically, 1/2 inch above
the swab well, and add drops slowly.

18.The Reagent Solution contains a harmful chemical (see table below). If the solution
contacts the skin or eye, flush with copious amounts of water. If irritation persists, seek
medical advice:https://www.poison.org/contact-us or 1-800-222-1222.
Chemical Name/CASGHSCodefor eachIngredientConcentration
Sodium Azide/26628-2 2-8Acu te Tox. 2 (Oral), H300
AcuteTox . 1 (Dermal),H310
0.0125%
STORAGE AND STABILITY
Store kit between 35.6-86°F (2-30°C). Ensure all test components are at room temperature before
use.The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test is stable until the expiration date marked on
the outer packaging and containers.

Three Berries

Yeah sure.
How about that poison in the headline you linked? Very scary, right?

You can take it.

The substance is sodium azide, and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center’s Drug and Poison Information Center has seen a surge in calls about exposures to the chemical since more people started self-testing for COVID-19 at home.

“We started getting our first exposures to these test kits around early November,” said Sheila Goertemoeller, pharmacist and clinical toxicologist for the center. “It was, really, all ages.” The calls to the local center mirror what’s been happening nationally.

Sodium azide, often used as a preservative, is a liquid reagent in several of the COVID-19 test kits, she said. Ingesting it can cause low blood pressure, which can result in dizziness, headaches or palpitations. Exposure to it can also cause skin, eye or nostril irritation.

The Cincinnati Children’s based Drug and Poison Information Center has logged 38 cases of sodium azide exposure, with cases peaking in January. Adults exposed generally have experienced mild skin irritation, which can get worse if the area isn’t washed thoroughly, she said.

Nationwide Children’s Central Ohio Poison Center in Columbus also reported seeing an “uptick” in cases, as well, a spokeswoman said. The center did not immediately have a number of cases.

Petrochemical

Let's hope our species don't make every antibiotic on the planet absolutely worthless right good luck I love anybody that takes care of their dogs the Way you Are veterinarians are rip off artists

iTarzan

You can buy antibiotics at a lot of farm supply stores, but it is getting expensive.
Because all the preppers and "when shit hits the fan" people are stocking up on them. And to tell the truth it is a good idea.

Alcohol, weed and antibiotics will help you and be good trade material for anything you want or need.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Because all the peppers and "when shit hits the fan" people are stocking up on them. And to tell the truth it is a good idea.

Alcohol, weed and antibiotics will help you and be good trade material for anything you want or need.

You mean preppers ?

Also they sometimes sell injectable Penicillin. It's injected into a muscle, like your thigh or butt.

Useful if you don't want to screw up intestine bacteria.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ticks carry 8 known diseases, none of which you would want, and several which can really fuck you up & kill you. get an insect spray with permethrin in it & use it liberally before going into weedy areas; and be damn sure to do a "tick check" when you come back in. tiny "seed ticks" are so small you won't even notice them unless they move. looks like a tiny damn speck of dirt...plus, the Chinese have sent us a present, another species of tick which can reproduce asexually. called the "asian longhorned tick"... they've been found in Maryland, Virginia etc along the eastern seaboard. just like lots of other ticks, they can travel by birds. so, we'll all be seeing them before it's over with. :badday:

iTarzan

Yes preppers, dang autocorrect.

There are ticks that can make you allergic to meat and proteins in general, but especially meat.

That would suck and it is, so far, a forever ailment.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone have a non vet solution for fleas? They are fking carnivorus in Southern Florida

say it 5 times fast
fleas in florida, fleas in florida, fleas in florida,fleas in florida,fleas in florida

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
anyone have a non vet solution for fleas? They are fking carnivorus in Southern Florida

say it 5 times fast
fleas in florida, fleas in florida, fleas in florida,fleas in florida,fleas in florida
had a Filipino neighbor that would mix chlordane in water in a bucket, and grab his cats by the scruff and dunk/shake them in it for just a second or two. pull them out & dry them with a towel. (careful here, they are MAD! :bigeye:) towel was covered in dead fleas...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We use NextGuard fr fleas and ticks etc,,,,
1 tab a.month but 6 months work out at around £140,,,
much cheaper online but ya need a prescription from the vet to purchase,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts