What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oneshot Hempy Grow #2 - Peyote Purple & TGA Qush - 330W LED

vukman

Veteran
whooo wheeeeeeee..... they're blowin' up brother!!!!!!! just kicking ass!! I love it when they hit that phase of growth that almost every time you look at them, they;ve grown even more...hehheh

Great work my friend...awesome even!! Keep it up and I can't wait to see how much more they'll grow until the 14th!

Good Luck

Penguin59

Thick canopy is right Keep goin! Plants are looking happy and healthy though that's for sure.

You planning on giving them a haircut or just letting them go oneshot?

Keep goin

Cool, looking awesome...Prob want to fire em soon...(you said you were waiting 2 more weeks!?) The leaves are going to be blocking each other too much post transition ? No?

I usually sent em when they are "no where near each other"...It always seems too thin...then transition hits!! And WOHA...They're on top of each other and I have to trim the bottoms out to thin em out.

I'm NOT questioning your technique...more an observation, and question of my own...

I just had a group of 9 in that size space that I sent to bloom from 7-11" (2 different strains so not nearly as uniform as your beautiful grow) , now after transition, or just wrapping up transition...they seem TOO big. They are crowded and all over each other.

Do you find any problems with that? Or do you just let them sort themselves out? Or do you trim the bottoms heavy?

I usually notice problems with lack of penetration past the upper canopy if it gets too thick!?? And that's with my HPS!?

Thanks...

oneshot

Cool, looking awesome...Prob want to fire em soon...(you said you were waiting 2 more weeks!?) The leaves are going to be blocking each other too much post transition ? No?

I usually sent em when they are "no where near each other"...It always seems too thin...then transition hits!! And WOHA...They're on top of each other and I have to trim the bottoms out to thin em out.

I'm NOT questioning your technique...more an observation, and question of my own...

I just had a group of 9 in that size space that I sent to bloom from 7-11" (2 different strains so not nearly as uniform as your beautiful grow) , now after transition, or just wrapping up transition...they seem TOO big. They are crowded and all over each other.

Do you find any problems with that? Or do you just let them sort themselves out? Or do you trim the bottoms heavy?

I usually notice problems with lack of penetration past the upper canopy if it gets too thick!?? And that's with my HPS!?

Thanks...

I have 33" tomato cages coming. I am going to defoliate this weekend as well. Because the canopy is so even right now, I think it will be ok but I definitely have that concern as well.

I'm planning on flipping on the 14th. Not all of my flower nutes have arrived yet :(

Keep goin

I'll be watching...can't wait to see it progress. Keep updating...lovin it so far!!

My current go is already over 2' and they have 1 sq foot a piece. And as I said they're all over each other already (3 weeks into bloom)...and I defoliate like a mad man!!

It looks like you are growing a more indica style than me...but still.

Keep Goin' !!

oneshot

I'll be watching...can't wait to see it progress. Keep updating...lovin it so far!!

My current go is already over 2' and they have 1 sq foot a piece. And as I said they're all over each other already (3 weeks into bloom)...and I defoliate like a mad man!!

It looks like you are growing a more indica style than me...but still.

Keep Goin' !!

Yep, I don't grow Sativa strains. I prefer Indicas really.

I put just the blue light on last night to let them stretch a little more today. I can't keep up with this growth. They must have grown another 1-2" overnight. It's bonkers.

I think 8 weeks of veg is going to be too long at this rate lol

Keep goin

Yeah, I usually go for 4 weeks of veg....and that's under floros or a crappy LED panel that I have for veg. That usually fills the canopy (post transition). But like I said I grow more sativa leaning strains.

What has your experience been with the super thick canopies? I have tended to have problems with lower growth just not making it, or being so crappy that I wish I took it out. I trim most of it off...but I never seem to go far enough. Always have some little shit no matter what!??

Picture updates...??

oneshot

Yeah, I usually go for 4 weeks of veg....and that's under floros or a crappy LED panel that I have for veg. That usually fills the canopy (post transition). But like I said I grow more sativa leaning strains.

What has your experience been with the super thick canopies? I have tended to have problems with lower growth just not making it, or being so crappy that I wish I took it out. I trim most of it off...but I never seem to go far enough. Always have some little shit no matter what!??

Picture updates...??

I don't mind thick canopy's as long as it is an EVEN thick canopy. Most of my lower branches have already made their way to the top of the canopy. The ones that haven't ARE getting cut off this weekend. It will be much thinner in there when I am done. I also have the smaller tomato cages coming in that I might try out. They are 33" but I might cut them down to 24".

Group shot last night under LED:

Liza

I'm thinking you can veg them for longer than under HPS because you can keep your lights closer. Otherwise I would start flower right now. Those tents aren't too high. I vegged for 4 weeks and my lamp is now 20cm from the ceiling (which is 2m high) after 22 days from flipping. My pots are a lot bigger though. Won't that be a problem too, your pots being too small after 8 weeks of veg? Anyway don't worry about your flower nutes not arriving until the 14th because the first 9 or 10 days after flipping you can continue to give your veg nutes as they won't be flowering yet.

oneshot

I'm thinking you can veg them for longer than under HPS because you can keep your lights closer. Otherwise I would start flower right now. Those tents aren't too high. I vegged for 4 weeks and my lamp is now 20cm from the ceiling (which is 2m high) after 22 days from flipping. My pots are a lot bigger though. Won't that be a problem too, your pots being too small after 8 weeks of veg? Anyway don't worry about your flower nutes not arriving until the 14th because the first 9 or 10 days after flipping you can continue to give your veg nutes as they won't be flowering yet.

My tent is 6' high, I still have a lot of vertical room to play with.

Honestly though, I have no idea what to expect when I flip them. These are both new strains to me, a new light, a new tent, new nutrients. I do have a lot more room this time than last time though. I am more worried about spacing between the plants over height concerns. This is what growing is all about.

As for the pots, probably. The plants are already root bound probably. I used the same 1 gallon pots last grow and had half the veg time. Next grow will be fewer plants with bigger pots. I don't do cloning (yet) so it's hard for me to only put say 3 seeds in and not really know what to expect regarding males/females.

I have to do a triple check of light leaks in the tent before flowering though. My friend is coming over to help with that so I don't get trapped in the tent lol. All of the nutes came in today though.

Keep goin

Awesome...keep up the good work!! They look great...thanks for the pictures!

I'm telling you, you ARE inspiring me to use my Lumigrow in its own area and really see what it can do!! I love the growth under the unit...just don't see the kind of uniform growth to the edges that you seem to be getting.

Can't wait to see what you end up with...weight wise.

oneshot

Do you think it's too late to transplant these? I just bought 10 3.5 gallon buckets and am thinking of transplanting. I'm not sure how much that would slow down the time table and if it would be worth it this late in the veg stage?

Would love to hear some input!

Keep goin

Yeah, no problem transplanting at this time...if you have to eliminate plants, well that's another question!?? Eliminate plants, you'll cut down on your yield.

The main problem with them being root bound (if that's your concern) is you'll have to be watering them every 5 1/2 minutes...(exaggerated joke, obviously), but it WILL get annoying! And you'll be a lot closer to "doing" hydro at that point...just hand watering! They won't be drawing anything from the soil...you'll just be feeding them every time.

One of the reasons I don't do "soil" anymore...

oneshot

Decided to transplant. I checked the tent and the 3.5gallons would just not work. I mean they would but I could only fit 4 in the tent. I am not giving up 6 plants.

Went to the hardware store to get some 2 gallon buckets. I can fit 7 in the tent. Still will have to give up 3 plants but they will go to good homes instead of being chopped.

Do you think the plants were root bound? I'm not sure :biggrin:

I couldn't believe it. The roots were about an inch from the top of the soil level. All of the plants I was able to transplant were like this. They are so nice and white color.

I ran out of coco before finishing the last 2 plants so I only got 5 transplanted. They all still fit in the tent though until I can get more coco tomorrow and finish.

After a good drenching in water after transplant:

They will get 5-10 days in the buckets and then it's flower time.

Keep goin

Hey oneshot...

yeah, that's one thing I definitely notice about growing with LED's...MASSIVE root growth!!

They look incredible..!!

I think it's time for you to consider hydro..!?? Wouldn't have to worry about any of that transplanting "nonsense"...lol

I go in 5.5" netpots from beginning to end! Just let the roots flow...!!

Just something to consider. Don't know if you would? You might like it though...

oneshot

Hey oneshot...

yeah, that's one thing I definitely notice about growing with LED's...MASSIVE root growth!!

They look incredible..!!

I think it's time for you to consider hydro..!?? Wouldn't have to worry about any of that transplanting "nonsense"...lol

I go in 5.5" netpots from beginning to end! Just let the roots flow...!!

Just something to consider. Don't know if you would? You might like it though...

Nope, no hydro for me. Hempy buckets are the closest thing to Hydro I will do. Same idea but I don't want to deal with reservoirs. Just a pet peeve of mine. I don't mind transplanting, I get to play in dirt!!! :biggrin:

Eventually I am going to be going only Super Soil and water. Totally organic.

Got more coco today and gonna finish the rest of the transplanting.

Latest posts

Latest posts