What's new

One more ''My first grow thread''

zuma

Ph drops like crazy, from 5.8 to 5.1 within 24 hours wtf?
gallery_28946_2438_484.gif

So far they drinking 4 liters of water daily for the past 2-3 days. Ec has droped to 1.1

Does anybody knows what the symptoms are on plants for lack of oxygen in the water?

Some yesterdays pictures

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

erwingruber

Hello zuma ,
You will have some serious growth rates from now on , keep you ec there or try to raise a liiiitle bit if you like but watch your plants closely.as they getting bigger you can raise your ec step by step.What is going on on the back left one plant why is so far behind from the other maybe it needs your attention .
Lucas in some thread said that 1 watt of airpump for every gallon of water is good aeration level and i don't know how the plants going to look if they don't have enough oxygen in the rootzone.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Ph drops like crazy, from 5.8 to 5.1 within 24 hours wtf?
gallery_28946_2438_484.gif

So far they drinking 4 liters of water daily for the past 2-3 days. Ec has droped to 1.1

Does anybody knows what the symptoms are on plants for lack of oxygen in the water?

hi zuma
ph drops like grazy?? and your ec drops 2??
i have the same problem couple days now and i have not explanation...and we are not alone, but i havent see yet an answer about that.. keep an eye in your plants and if your plants
are healty, fuck the all the standars!

by the way i saw the growth has some good progress..as erwin said -now you see the better growth in your life.
about the lack of oxygen, i dont know shit, but im sure that your plants has lotsss of oxygen with those pumps..

EC drops = plants eat more nutrients than water. Give them some more!

and what about the ph??
zuma says ph drops 2.. you have an explanation or not??
all we know that
the ec drops the plant needs more food but the ph raise went is happent..im wrong?

zuma

Hi all,
Ec drop is normal cos i have add 12l of water with no add up on nutes, so i figure that 0.1 drop is acceptable. Please correct me if
i'm wrong ..im just speculating here:rasta: Ph is getting on my nerves it drops much and fast.

:tiphat:erwingruber & tjo friends, the front right plant is not as strong the 2 on the left are, also that air pump does not vibrate as the rest
and i wonder if it's faulty and as a result of that, plant is weak.

''why is so far behind from the other maybe it needs your attention'' i'll keep that in mind:thank you:

:smoke out:

erwingruber

as for your airbump i will try to explain if you didn't make it
you will force me to make it for you and pic photos doing it just to see it.
- remove the tubing of your airbump
- fell with your hand the air that it is coming out
- compare with other airpumps
- if it is same on both hoses of this pump and others it is ok
--- if it is not
- remove it from the plug
- turn it upside down
- unscrew
- put in in the plug carefully and watch it work
- do not touch wires it is dangerus for you
- you will see two black ruber "pumps" they must working like "pistons"
- remove from the plug
- remove the ruber pumps gently it is hard (it is harder to put back)
- you will se two holes in each side
- one must be open and one closed with something small like paper , that you will see in there.
- put the paper here it must be it is obvious
- put everything back as it was before
- your pump must work fine now

I have the same pumps and i do this
one week before cause my pump fail.

Check your airstones i replace 3 of 4 in one month.

zuma

Wow! erwingruber that is a good troubleshooting manual for our air pumps.:) I will give it a go tomorrow morning before i smoke my first joint cos if i don’t i'll be electrocuted :D
I wonder how will it be possible to check the air stones after putting the screen on top, that will be impossible, I am just hopping that they be okay till harvest.

Now ..yesterday after lots of ph+ the reading was 5.8. Today has drop again to 5.1, so i had to add more ph+ today. Now is 5.7 but i am sure that tomorrow its gonna be 5.1:mad:
Appart from that my Ak's looking good, i have never see such big leaves regardless the age of the plant, they are simply huge for my standards. I'm so happy:canabis:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy 7

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
must be a nice feeling.. to grow each time for the first time :biggrin:
best of luck and success Zuma...

zuma

There is a relation between solution temperature and pH (warmer temperature-> lower pH).
There're pH meters with built-in temperature compensation, some work well, some not so much.
Try measuring your solution's pH always at the same temperature and see if you still experience unexplainable pH drops.

http://www.reagecon.com/techpapers/effectsoftemperatureonphv4.pdf
http://www.eutech.nl/Links/TechTips/pH/Effects of Temperature on pH measurement by G. Borrelini.pdf

Thanks for the links Happy 7 :tiphat: i had no idea that temperature is so significant when reading ph level.
My water temperature is a constant 22 degrees so i guess that something else triggers ph to drop.
I am adding daily 3-4ml of ph+ in my solution for now.

must be a nice feeling.. to grow each time for the first time :biggrin:
best of luck and success Zuma...

Thank you for your kind words ganja_hasi:)

erwingruber
I didn't try fixing the pump cos the shop i bought it from has agree to replace it. The new one is pumping air for more than a day, the plant is looking clearly much
stronger and healthier.

Question: The roots are kinda brownish, should i panic?:hide:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
my roots has the same color and im not worry...
your plants looks healthy so dont worry !!:yes:
:tiphat:

Zuma... I started a single bucket DWC around the same time you did. Ive been following your thread, and all looks good and pretty much identical to yours. Looking good bro... Good luck

zuma

:wave:Thanks Squire5683, do you mind showing a picture of yours to compare, i couldn't find it in your Photo Album.:)

tjo! what do you think ? should i go 12/12? i think in 2 days i should! btw i see that you using vegging solution for the first days of flowering, my question is, should i go 3-2-1 for the first 10 days of flowering trouble free?..thanks for everything bro:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

erwingruber

Hello zuma your girls look awesome ,
you can "feed the strech" with veg solution wich
contains more N or switch to bloom solution either
way will work fine , i feed the first week with 3-2-1.

Look after you scrog net , you girls going to blow it
up easily.I fail big time with my first scrog training ,
take a look @ my log and try avoid my mistakes
Those girls is going to explode in 12/12 visualize it ,
cause i fail to visualize an i've got a jungle.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
:wave:T

tjo! what do you think ? should i go 12/12? i think in 2 days i should! btw i see that you using vegging solution for the first days of flowering, my question is, should i go 3-2-1 for the first 10 days of flowering trouble free?..thanks for everything bro:tiphat:

wow.. 2 days after the last photos and the plants looks much bigger..in 2 days? not a bad idea man..i saw your screen and
i have 2 say that if you dont loose the scrog game,-like erwingruber- listen his advise and take a look on his thread..
after you flip 12/12 the growth rate is xx large.so keep it in mind!
about the nutrient now, with 3-2-1 in the first days of flower you dont feed the stretch and works great-- 1of my slh stressed x4 lol-.. also one other trusted recipe for the first days of 12/12 is 1-1-1.

and give them some more food...your plants are hungry.:wave:

zuma

Hello erwingruber,:wave: I will go 3-2-1 as well during fist 10 days of flowering, i see you and tjo get good results doing it this way. Actually
is used to do it with my soil grows in the past but i could never tell the difference doing it, compare to going with bloom nutes straight after flipping 12/12
In theory it sounds good but as i already said i didn't see any notable difference.
Your grow looks fine even they got out of control i am sure you gonna see it through.

Hey tjo the getting bigger very fast but picture dont do them justice, i am very impressed with the grow rate, just hope the yield will be impressive too
Tomorrow i will change the water and start flowering.:jump:

prowler

I'd suggest you wait for a little while before flipping m8! You could easily break some figures with those fellows! You can do a little pinching, pruning and topping and fill the net in a week or two. Man you will not regret it! Usually in scrog assembly everything under the net/canopy is removed after the stretch (2-3 weeks) periodically so grow a top to every hole of your net and flip the lights - and have a killer harvest!