What's new

One more ''My first grow thread''

zuma

Hi all,

This is my very first DWC grow obviously i need all the help i can possibly get from all you nice people:)

So here is the deal! very basic setup. 4 buckets 20l each plus a controller 40l capacity, and 4 female AK47 courtesy of Serious seeds
gallery_28946_2438_1033.gif

Just today i placed them into the buckets.
For now in the system is flowing Ro water total of 90l [23.7 gallons] to keep the water level high. [covering just a bit the Rockwool] correct?
I have position the feeding tube temporarily on top of the hydrotone in order to drip gently on the root cubes.

I've started them with small quantity of fertilizers [currently I am using GHE] G40-M27-B13.5 ml in 90l of water.
EC 0.6 Ph5.6 What do you think so far? am i safe?
gallery_28946_2438_25.gif

For each bucket i run a 5w air pump [4.5L/min] for the controller a smaller one 3v [1.8L/min]
Currently for veg i will be using an 90w led ufo combined with a 20w cfl that later will both be replaced to a 600w hps

I cant think of anything more worth mentioning, please keep in mind that i have only a rough idea of what I’m doing,
so forgive me if I missed mentioning something else.

Thanks in advance:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hi zuma

nice first hydro grow you are going 2 do and i notice that from the
clean and nice place you got!.nice equipment-ufo led is a piece of shit..i got it-
im not an expert but everythink seems pretty ok..
your ec is a bit much for that stage of growth but dont worry.is not that much.
ph is ok in that level.keep an eye in +- through the days so
in few days you will know if your EC level is the ideal for your plants..
with 2 words..ec + ph the other 2 words are..

GOOD LUCK

EDIT. and your sustem is rdwc for the momment you have controller..im wrong??

zuma

Hi tjo
gallery_28946_2438_592.gif

How will i know what is the ideal EC level for the plants? sorry for asking stupid questions but i can't figure it out
gallery_28946_2438_333.gif

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Hi tjo

How will i know what is the ideal EC level for the plants? sorry for asking stupid questions but i can't figure it out

if your ph stay stable you have the ideal ec..
if your ph goes up then you have weak solution..
if your ph goes down then you have strong solution..

cheers!:)

ibjamming

Veteran
Get that light a LOT closer...look how they're stretching for the light.

Have you thought about starting seedlings separately and then moving them into the DWC?

BudToker

Veteran
I agree, it will better if move your light down closer. I also recommend that you get some air blowing on them to strengthen the stems. Good luck with your grow. DWC shows explosive growth rates!! :)

-BT :joint:

LastWaltz

Is the album below where you got your name lol?

Looks like a great set up, as they say too many cooks spoil the broth, but just thought I would toss in my :2cents:

5.6ph is definitely the lowest you want to go, lower and you may have some nutrient lockout, many growers go 5.8ph in DWC but if it isn't broken don't fix it. The 600watt will be awesome, if you ever set up another cab for veg you can always use the ufo with some vertical t5s in each corner to supplement it. Good Luck and have fun :good:

Attachments

• img100053.jpg
    img100053.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Like others have said, get those lights lower.

As far as pH goes I'd really recommend that you think about the range you want instead of the point you want. A lot depends on how often you are going to change your rez, but if you plan on changing within 2 weeks I'd set the pH low around 5.4 and let it rise up to 6.0. Different elements are more or less available at different points so having your pH drift a bit is as Martha would put it, a good thing.

zuma

Thank you very much tjo!! this helps a lot to know. Today my Ph level reads 5.7 & Ec still at 0.6:)

ibjamming the seedlings has stretch cos i had them under small florescent from now on they will stretch no longer, don’t get me wrong i don’t mean that led’s are ideal for our plants
however i think for vegging they are quite good.

BudToker i will hook up a fan in a few days that they'll be stronger.

LastWaltz Thanks for your kind words. How do i increase the ph level? i have some ph+ but a friend told me that i should not use it in hydro cos nutes calibrate the ph level

Thank you High Country, i still have a few of changes to do in the grow but for now i am waiting for them to grow
a little more

Japanfreakier
How often do you think i should change my rez? Im thinking of doing my first change in 2 weeks
Do you know any feeding schedule of minimum dosage that works? Because i just realized that there is a good chance i don’t have enough ferts i only have 1 liter of each B-M-G

:wave:

zuma

Hi all,

The little plants [2 of them] has started showing a few yellow spots, i have no idea of what to do in order to fix 'em. Ph has gone up to 5.9 ~6.0 Ec is still at 0.6.

I don't know what causing this. Could it be my solution is too weak, should i add nutrients?
Replace the water? What should i do?
gallery_28946_2438_484.gif

Here are some pictures
gallery_28946_2438_45.gif

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

erwingruber

Hello you have a nice clean setup there for your ladies.
Is there any roots coming out from hydroton and in the water ?
I have issues like yours in my girls but they was at bigger age than yous.check it out here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=189882&page=3

Maybe you feed them too strong or maybe you are keeping your
ph too high.Try keep it between 5,3 and 5,8.
I am no expert i am a newb too my first hydro grow just fliped to 12/12.

You can also check this threat to identify your issue
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
or make a post @ cannabis Infirmary.

zuma

Hi, erwingruber, thanks for stopping by :)

I was just looking for roots in the pots, but i didn't see any.
gallery_28946_2438_170.gif

My ph was a bit high and i had to bring it down using ph-. Right now my ph meter reads 5.5.

Thinking about it, i can only assume that these spots is caused by too much heat . Yesterday i've used an hps 400w for about 3-4 hours low on plants, just before i switch it off i put a thermometer next to the little plant, temp was 32c

:wave:

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Heat stress causes the leaves to curl/roll up. Here's an example of Skunk #1 under heat stress:

picture.php

picture.php

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
the first you have 2 look is the water temp.. 32c sounds like hell
for me.
put a thermometer in a bucket and see!
and then, throw away this led ufo and start the hps..if you want
some real growth!:)

zuma

Heat stress causes the leaves to curl/roll up. Here's an example of Skunk #1 under heat stress:

Thanks for the tip !!! :)

and then, throw away this led ufo and start the hps..if you want
some real growth!:)

Hey tjo:wave:

I would like to use the hps from now on but the temperatures will not allow it for the time being, it is too hot over in my area right now, i hope the weather will deteriorate soon

The plant that had the problem is history i threw it away and i replace it with a younger one
i had in soil. What i notice throwing it away was that the rockwool cube has started to rot and
was a bit smelly as well, i dont know if i did good but i removed about 10 liters of water because the cubes
was soaking in it. For now the water level is just touching the bottom of the pots.
One more think that i notice is that hydrotone is getting green and slimy on top, is that normal?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
consider covering your hydroton, that's alot of algae on your clay pellets for this early in a grow. for any stage really. the high temperatures not helping anything. covering the net cups will prevent light from getting to the algae.
wish you luck, on your 1st grow.

zuma

Hi stonedar, I removed the green hydroton, thank god it was only on top. I have a kilo of Mineral magic i will sprinkle some in a day or two, they say it protects you against development of algae, among other things.
The plants started to grow fast, from yesterday they have grown noticeably. I have never seen such a rapid development compare to soil that I'm used to. Unfortunately new yellow spots are starting to show. [i will post pictures later]

zuma

Quick update

Quick update

Yesterday i added 20ml Diamond Nectar and today my ph has drop to 5.2.. i had to fix that. that dust on top of hydroton is Mineral magic

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php