What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

On the cops' radar!!!!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the first things a police officer learns about is probable cause. It can be anything from tinting to saying that you went over a line on the road. Most cops know all the tricks.

Once pulled over for the "alleged" infraction the cop has the right to ask for your license, registration and insurance card. You don't have to tell him anything other than your name.

If it were me, and I was not affiliated in a gang in any way, I would send a letter to the detective explaining my concern in what you were told. I would tell him the Officers name that stated this and let them know I have no affiliations whatsoever with any gangs or gang activity. And I would keep it brief. I would want these false accusations documented.

I think you'll find out your name isn't on any list. This is something cops do to try and illicit a response from you. And to spook you if you are involved in gang activity.....

I have always gone by the way supermanlives put it. I never say a damn thing, except my info. I've even been provoked a few times by some real Barney Fifes out there, tryin to press my buttons, to get a reaction. I always kept my cool; well, except one time...It had nothing to do with being pulled over, & getting sketched. I used to own a transmission repair shop, & a young cop showed up during a dispute, & the customer was getting his car bonded out. the bastard started cursing me out & threatened me, so I called 911 & complained. Within 3 minutes, three patrol cars showed up & two of them were seargents. After I told one of the seargents about the officer's abuse & siding with the other party, he denied it. I then called him a damned liar in front of his face. Boy, he sure flew off on that one, lol. The seargent practically restrained him, and the rookie made himself look like a practical jerk-off. Another seargent, (a hot looking female with very large breasts) came over & tried to diffuse, smooth things over, in other words: try to sweet me into not filing a complaint.
Now that was one time I got away with that. And the reason is because, there were too many witnesses. Had I been alone, on a dark road? No doubt I would have been sprayed/tased, or worse! I thought about what happened even long after the incident, and I realize that those other officers are supposed to keep the peace, but the dark other side is they were probably looking for an opportunity to do something.

Well; either way, best to keep mouth shut at all times, & never, ever put up an attitude, which can be interpreted as aggressive, or volunteer information, because you'll set yourself up!

Oh, & BTW, I wouldn't go to the station, or see a detective about that gang crap. Innocent or not, you just can't trust them! Most people have absolutely no idea what a crooked cop is capable of; and if they really wanted to talk to you for a legitimate reason; believe me, they would be talking in front of you for sure.