What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

On the cops' radar!!!!

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
profiling is rampant. Don't dress the part, drive the car, or hang with the ones who do. When people find out I smoke an ounce of pot a week they just about fall over in disbelief.

I know that individuality is sacred, but if you're riding around with weight (or any amount for that matter) and your hat is on crooked, you're wearing chains and bumpin don't cry about getting nailed. Not that the OP was crying or anything - just saying. I know a dude here in town that gets pulled over it seems once a month or so. Dresses, acts, drives, and sounds the part. He's a cop magnet. Dress and act like off duty cops and you're golden.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
FreeMan said:
No, what I am saying is if you refuse to identify yourself as the legal fiction, and then the cop acts on you, he/she will be doing so unlawfully and you can hold them commercially liable. The way to do this is attach a fee schedule to your claim of right, say
$/£10000 an hour for questioning, interrogation, traffic stop etc.
£/$20000 an hour if detained, handcuffed etc,
$/£50000 an hour if assaulted, physically harmed etc,
£/$1000000 if DNA/Fingerprints forced - per infringement

You get the idea... mail this to them and they have so long to respond (3,7,14 days). If they don't rebut your claims point for point within the time period, that now stands as truth in commerce, as silence is agreement. You now have a contract with them providing you followed the correct procedure, and this secures a default administrative judgement. You gave them ample opportunity to rebut your claims and they chose to remain silent -

Legal Maxims -

A matter must be expressed to be resolved.
He who fails to assert his rights has none.

An unrebutted affidavit stands as truth in commerce.
He who does not deny, admits.

He who leaves the battlefield first (does not respond to affidavit) loses by default.
He who does not repel a wrong when he can occasions it.

Put your local force on notice, they can't rebut your claims because there's nothing in LAW which says you can't have tints, only in STATUTE. They pull you over, you now have a $10000 commercial injury claim and I suspect it's going to get higher when he asks you to contract. Perfect the process... perfect the claim (aka commercial lien), and they shouldn't give you too much trouble after that. The lien is a powerful tool, and could be quite bad for them depending on how much it is they owe you. No other entity can extract money from them until the lien is settled, and it can only be removed by the claimant or a panel of judges. This is where is hurts them because they are businesses after all, and they are just trying to make money from the service they offered to you (do you want to contract?/what is your name?) You probably agreed/acquiesced or worse still, gave them your vessels title. This is why after all the fun & games they hand you the bill or 'charge' for their troubles.

yeah this whole subject is fascinating, it feels inherently right some how. when you think how hard some of our freedoms were fought for by past generations, it's only natural that they'd try and insure our right to freedom for ever. like the old maxim goes; "he who is fooled, let him"

i know non of this counts as legal advice, this is just an interesting discussion, but from what i understand, you have to make a claim of right before anything goes down? or can you pass the policeman the claim of right when he approaches you? i guess the claim of right has to include the fee schedule as mentioned. the difficult thing would be to get the claim of right done by a lawyer, or getting it notarized. i believe the wording is quite important.

NiteTiger said:
I've just gotta see same case law showing where this has actually worked in real life

yeah that's the thing, the police don't seem to be playing by those rules lol. still i find it most interesting as a subject. it makes a lot of sense and ideally it would work like that and we could all be really free as long as we harm no one, nor encroach on an others freedom.

peace

supermanlives

Veteran
having any contact with police is bad. pissing off a cop is bad.being on the cops radar as supicious is worse.i used to be a master at pissing em off.now i have issues with em like every 10 years or so.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I'd be offended personally, and would must definatly go in and talk to the detective and ask where he got the idea I was a mexican gang member? Because it sounds like harassment to me, and I've done nothing wrong, and I'm not going to stand for it.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
yeah that's the thing, the police don't seem to be playing by those rules lol. still i find it most interesting as a subject. it makes a lot of sense and ideally it would work like that and we could all be really free as long as we harm no one, nor encroach on an others freedom.

peace

Oh, no doubt it's some awesome info, and makes for a great esoteric legal discussion. I'm enjoying reading it :yes:

I would desperately love to see some cases where this has been applied in reality, my whole approach to life would change!

FreeMan

Am I understanding right that when a LEO asks my identity that I should simply say that I am a free man? If they don't press the issue no problem right...? But if they do press the issue I'm not understanding the process entirely. Say they want to take me "in" for my refusal to name myself (attach myself to the fiction) Do I inform them then of my $10K/hr fee for questioning? I sorta understand the "lein trap" but not how to set and snare it. Could you clarify this better for those of us who aren't fluent in "legal-eze"

Oh, no doubt it's some awesome info, and makes for a great esoteric legal discussion. I'm enjoying reading it :yes:

I would desperately love to see some cases where this has been applied in reality, my whole approach to life would change!
Replied to both in the other thread...

A few of you guys keep saying "don't dress the part" but I don't! lol I don't wear my pants down by my knees or shit like that. I don't even wear a hat cause my head is super small let alone wear one sideways. My car has factory rims and the tint is so super light it shouldn't even be called tint. My car never ever ever smells like weed because I don't smoke AT ALL. I'm not all tatted up or have a bunch of piercings. Hell the first time I ever saw a gang member I was like 18 years old.

FreeMan

It usually takes first hand experience to believe it but EVERYONE is on their radar now. They seem to just beat up on anyone who they deem to be an easy target. If they can label you in some way as a gang member/terrorist, whoever the latest evil is this week, it makes things 10 times easier for them. These guys have targets to meet!

TexasToker

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Mt youngest daughter had it right when she told me that you can only break one law at a time. Speeding no weed in the car, weed in the car no speed etc.
Sounds to me that if the leo pulls you over for tints and asks questions and says your on a watch list I'd talk to an Attn'y and look at a profiling complaint, if you've been stopped for this before you may have a case.

HOVAH2.0

what to do if your apartment caught fire, with all grow evidence burned up, but they know it was a grow?

U_Puff_Peter

In my state any tint past 30% or 35% will get you a ticket and you will get pulled more often. If you riding dirty you better look like a 40 year old mom with three kids in the back of the van.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
mos of the info given in this thread about "what to do when a cop stops you and harrasses you for no reason" is wrong...plain and simple.

you have no reason to change anything in your life, dont change your tints, dont change your car....dont change nothing, your not in the wrong, they are....

ill explain....i have an amaizing lawer, he represents one of the most notorious mafia bosses in canada and does not come cheap......i will not go into details about this, ill just leave it at that so you get the picture of who is giving me this info....(i am in no way affiliated with the mob, hell im not even italian...lol)

a few years ago i got busted with a shitload of "stuff", i got off on bail and for the next few months i was bieng harrased by cops for absolutly no reason.....from "oh its just a verification", to "ok were going to do a vehichle test since you dont want to get out for a search(then gives me 900 in tickets for tints that are legal by ford, and a hand break that dont work)" and even "get out the car we know who you are, just another scum dealer...ect"....ive heard it all.....they tried everything.....

here is what my lawer told me----"dont listen to them, if they could do something about it they would just do it and not ask questions. if they ask you to get out the car, dont ever do it and tell them nothing, give them your piece of ID and tell them your name and adress and thats it nothing more, if they continue to harrass you ask for their badge numbers and take note of the time and place of incident" he went on to tell me that with this info of badge numbers he could build a case against the police department amd possibly make them drop my case due to police harrassment, and maybe even a law suit.....

i did what he said and took down badge numbers, guess what.....i havent been stopped in over a year....and i still drive the same car.....so from getting stopped over 28 times and getting over 3800 in tickets all in the span of one year, to being off the radar....is amazing....

the best advice i can give to any of you is GET A GOOD LAWYER, and if the cops stop you SAY NOTHING AND GIVE YOUR ID, IF THEY CONTINUE TO HARASS YOU THEN ASK FOR BADGE NUMBER AND TELL THEM YOU HAVE A GOOD LAWER THAT WILL BE TAKING CARE OF IT, other than that shut your mouth, everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, even if you say the truth they will find a way to use it against you......SAY NOTHING

btw -- on a side note my lawer also told me that if the cops say "i smell weed, we know you got it, empty your pockets" then you do not have to do anything as long as the didnt see it, according to my lawyer they need to be able to see it to have probable cause to search you, smelling it is just reasonable suspicion and they need 2 or 3 reasonable suspicions to make a probable cause search(at least in canada)

Sorry to hear about the harrassment, ThirtyShort.

It seems the best thing to do is to go talk to the detective. Meet him/her wearing business casual clothes (no Sean John or SouthPole crap); get Dockers Khakis and a white, or light blue store-brand dress shirt from a normal department store, with a button down collar. Brown belt, brown dress shoes. No jewelry. Be clean shaven. Don't take in your cell phone, or have the ringer off. No wallet chain, either.

If, for some reason, you just won't go see the detective (and I couldn't possibly think of a rational reason why you wouldn't), then ditch the tint and resign to being pulled over often and expect to get your car searched every time you get pulled over.

Don't pull that sovereign citizen crap by refusing to answer questions, sticking a video camera in his face and generally not recognizing the police officer's authority. That shit will get you in actual trouble. At the extreme, you may get your ass kicked by a cop having a bad day.

Go see the fucking detective. At the least, you will know where you stand.

If you can afford it, hire an attorney to go with you to meet the detective.

I think the fact that you laughed so hard when she asked you what gang you were in is probably why she suddenly "reexamined" your tint and found it wasn't that dark. My guess is that maybe they were just pulling people over and maybe you WERE tagged for some stupid reason, but your reaction was just the right thing to get them off your tail. If it were me, I would go talk to the detective, b/c like you, i have nothing to do with gangs or anyone related to them, HOWEVER, as a female who looks like I do, I can get away with this, whereas a male might not be able to. I'd want to know why I was tagged, but it's possible she just made it up, anyhow. Too bad you didn't ask which detective you should see . . . . Then you'd know if it was for real or not, b/c if it were, she'd tell you a name, and if not, she'd blow off your question.

sci-fi

You will never get off there stupid list. Somebody you drop #'s to has some type of affilation and you got wrapped up too. Somebody you know may be being watched so be careful. I would go and re- register your car under your mothers, dad, or somebody's elses name if you plan on moving #'s w/ said vehicle. Dont go see the detective. You may not be a gang member but you still have something to hide and they may be able to read you. Its like there going to be like "oh..are bad. I'll remove you from the list". Get real. It's the fucking cops.

supermanlives

Veteran
cops are unpredictable and being an asshole gets you nowhere. i dont tell them a damn thing but my info. if provoked they tend to make shit up. i was peppersprayed my last time

Latest posts

Latest posts