What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
In a few days I am taking some vacation time and plan to fully explore the full potential of the Oldtimer Haze experience. Going to pull out a cola and enjoy the afternoon in 70's style!

This Purple girl really turned out and now has cured to a brilliant dark wine liquor yet cedar incense and spicy aroma. Very fluffy at 20 weeks but the calyx's are shiny, coated and smell absolutely elegant. Glad I made f2's of this girl with another of the Purple OT Haze males that showed shorter stacked stature and quick flowering.

I just remembered that I haven't posted any dried and cured shots so I will try to get around to that as well.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
It sure was a Trip but I didn't go anywhere....

This stuff gets right on top of you after you go thru a few bowls.....

Only got half way thru a cola of about 3 grams the other night finished 2 more BO Dubs tonight and it hit me again. Still feeling it 3.5 hours later....sort of got uncomfortable tonight a bit of chest pain but that has subsided and I did have heart burn before I began.

This stuff is spicy and strong it creeps up until its right on top of you. After a point you just succumb to its grasp. Coherent but not much getting done tonight. Visuals and audios.

Worth the wait.
LT

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, this sounds good. I have a few Old Timers sitting in the fridge. I am getting a Colombian Gold vibe from what I have read of this high.

LostTribe

Premium user
Wow, this sounds good. I have a few Old Timers sitting in the fridge. I am getting a Colombian Gold vibe from what I have read of this high.

Its Headz Up thats for sure!

Got a pack of the green haze DUBI and the crew was generous enough to give me to try out but won't be able to any time soon....Bet those are firey green huh?

Kaskadian

Veteran
Jeez... I have to get some landrace sativas going. This thread just fuels my desire. Time to do some research.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Still trying to figure out how to make 10/14 a possibility.., considering a single plant light dep with a late plant beginning august... She is amazingly healthy n a joy to Look at in veg.. I wish I can flower her indoors but can't change a whole rooms schedule for 6 months...
Does the plant need total complete darkness for 14 hrs? Or will some light leaking in threw vents on a connecting room that's 12/12 make it pointless... The vents can not be sealed

Attachments

• Robert Crumb, hard at work....
    Robert Crumb, hard at work....
    40.9 KB · Views: 26

LostTribe

Premium user
Still trying to figure out how to make 10/14 a possibility.., considering a single plant light dep with a late plant beginning august... She is amazingly healthy n a joy to Look at in veg.. I wish I can flower her indoors but can't change a whole rooms schedule for 6 months...
Does the plant need total complete darkness for 14 hrs? Or will some light leaking in threw vents on a connecting room that's 12/12 make it pointless... The vents can not be sealed

Wow she's enormous Stoney! She will stretch still I am guessing....

I started them off on 11/13 and then went to 10/14 only last 2 weeks. She will go in 12's but then you will want to reduce her once she's been going at it for 2 months or so. I would also expect an increase to around 24 weeks if she's a long one you know....how long veg?

Your best bet would be to move her daily to an unused closet or a tent on its own but I wouldn't want any light leaks as that would possibly cause her to take a lot longer possibly not finish....when in doubt pm dubi he may have better advice.

Good luck and keep me posted, its the green haze right?

troutman

Seed Whore
If you live alone. Maybe haul that tree into your bathroom or spare room each day for it's bedtime. :tiphat:

If it doesn't get enough dark period it will remain in vegetative mode forever.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
And if you have light leaks or inconsistent light timing you will probably have nanners.......

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Wow she's enormous Stoney! She will stretch still I am guessing....

I started them off on 11/13 and then went to 10/14 only last 2 weeks. She will go in 12's but then you will want to reduce her once she's been going at it for 2 months or so. I would also expect an increase to around 24 weeks if she's a long one you know....how long veg?

Your best bet would be to move her daily to an unused closet or a tent on its own but I wouldn't want any light leaks as that would possibly cause her to take a lot longer possibly not finish....when in doubt pm dubi he may have better advice.

Good luck and keep me posted, its the green haze right?

She is still in veg in a 1 gal coco.... How old she is? I can't remember , many many months . about 6ft tall and wide. Happy as hell vegging away... Moving her in an out may be possible as i have a empty 10x10 bathroom next to that flower room but has no door currently n my drains running into it... My grow is not designed for me to be there daily just spent a small fortune automating everything so to move her in and out daily for 6 months is not really an option so I'm think her own tent may happen, also think in about stick in her outside N hopin she finishes... My neighbor grew some Thai last year that went to Dec ...
Dubi may be able to answer what she is specifically... The seeds I think were from the original release so I think green n purple phenos, the pack says old timers no color mentions....
picture.php

I've considered deppin her outside but it gets to hot here for me to pull a black out with no air she will cook, was 116here today n just start in to heat up.. I'm think in tent may be the only way to guarantee a finish...

troutman

Seed Whore
Dubi may be able to answer what she is specifically... The seeds I think were from the original release so I think green n purple phenos, the pack says old timers no color mentions....View Image

I know. :tiphat:

I have 4 packs still of the female 1 (purple/green) X male #6 green line from 2008.

You can find what they are in the original thread and more.

Yours are the Purple Haze female 3 x Green Haze male 6 line.

Check post #9 in the original thread Oldtimer Haze here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59801

Here's a pic of Purple Haze female 3 and Green Haze male 6.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1085238&postcount=32

LostTribe

Premium user
She is still in veg in a 1 gal coco.... How old she is? I can't remember , many many months . about 6ft tall and wide. Happy as hell vegging away... Moving her in an out may be possible as i have a empty 10x10 bathroom next to that flower room but has no door currently n my drains running into it... My grow is not designed for me to be there daily just spent a small fortune automating everything so to move her in and out daily for 6 months is not really an option so I'm think her own tent may happen, also think in about stick in her outside N hopin she finishes... My neighbor grew some Thai last year that went to Dec ...
Dubi may be able to answer what she is specifically... The seeds I think were from the original release so I think green n purple phenos, the pack says old timers no color mentions....View Image
I've considered deppin her outside but it gets to hot here for me to pull a black out with no air she will cook, was 116here today n just start in to heat up.. I'm think in tent may be the only way to guarantee a finish...

Stick her in that bathroom with a tarp over the door with whatever lighting you can rig up with a fan and go for it she will do the rest!

I seriously want to pop my Granny Haze think I shall! The Green Granny Haze I expect to be better than the Purple Granny so thats the one I am gonna check out first!

C99#1 x ACE Purple OT Haze male

C99 tends to take over in outcrosses so I am hoping for a Cinderella with an dark liquor incense ancient aroma/gas skunk fruit but only time will, tell and I do expect her to be longer than the 55 days on the cindy mom but who knows! Maybe the Haze with suck more and more clear resin out of the Cindy! They are both a trip so a mix of the 2 ought not to disappoint!

LostTribe

Premium user
Its been 9 months plus since I harvested this Old-timer's Purple Haze. I must admit its not my go to but I busted out a cola this week and it is my early morning dew! Day Breaker to the max! Lovely in all ways! Old school taste combined with quick rushing onset of shit eating grin and maximum motivation for 3-4 hours just running around trying to get everything I can think of done!

Dubi, I am very impressed with this run even as it didnt turn out perfect it is very very fine smoke and will be saved for special times and only shared with special friends. Rare and Exquisite! A must for the masters.

Keep this line going and keep it pure. Well worth the experience and then some.

My Granny Haze is Nearly finished Grimm C99 circa 2016 female x OTPH male looking great, quicker, frostier and lushes!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice grow out on the OTH lost tribe. 20 weeks is quite the wait but sounds well worth it. Your c99 cross seems to have great potential!

You keep saying it will be a long time until you grow again? What's up with that? Just curious because I would be all over seeing what that Cindy cross yields pheno wise.

Would love to see some of those cured haze nuggets bruddah..pretty please!

Vibes !

LostTribe

Premium user
Nice grow out on the OTH lost tribe. 20 weeks is quite the wait but sounds well worth it. Your c99 cross seems to have great potential!

You keep saying it will be a long time until you grow again? What's up with that? Just curious because I would be all over seeing what that Cindy cross yields pheno wise.

Would love to see some of those cured haze nuggets bruddah..pretty please!

Vibes !

She's wasn't very big but I will see if I can get some pics. I definitely will be running these way out when time allows. They are on deck! I plan to grab some of the fem and a couple of the regular c99 packs to keep though they were better than a lot of things I have tried recently.

I also made f2's of the OT purple with a short quick male that started throwing pollen at the 5th node so stoked for that one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks LostTribe ;)

Your feedback is much appreciated.
Well cured Purple Haze is one of the most exquisite and exotic smokes a grower can keep in his/her stash :yes: Wish you enjoy with her vibes for a long time!

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks LostTribe ;)

Your feedback is much appreciated.
Well cured Purple Haze is one of the most exquisite and exotic smokes a grower can keep in his/her stash :yes: Wish you enjoy with her vibes for a long time!

Words really could never do this plant justice as the long cured essences are overwhelming. I find myself packing up a few hits into my heady chillum and sitting there smelling it for quite a while before I even put it to burn.

The high from just a couple of hits builds and builds over the course of the first hour. After that it really takes off and can turn into a day ender depending on the situation. Very psychoactive wondering through the mind. It is everything I had hoped for and then some to say the least. I didnt not expect it to be such an experience but this one has proved me very wrong.

I have enough of her progeny to last a lifetime....along with 2 outcrosses to C99, one strong haze girl and one sweet grape.

Truely magnificent! And so much thanks to Dubi and ACE crew for this opportunity.

LT

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Hope you are having a great start of year :)

Any plan to grow your C99 x Oldtimer's Haze hybrids soon ?

LostTribe

Premium user
Soon come.....Abuelita Haze aka Granny Haze, C99 x purple oldtimer haze! I feel the end of my hiatus is near!

Best old friend
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts