What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe :)

I'm glad to see your Purple Haze facing her last stage of flowering, looks like she will be done in 3-4 weeks.
You did a great job recovering her health, last reflowerings and colas looks healthy and well developed :yes:

I'm glad you are enjoying her classic old incense aromas and flying high in early smoke tests ;)

Dr.King

Veteran
She is looking beautiful LostTribe, great job man :tiphat:. I would tend to agree with Dubi on letting her go another 3-4 weeks, quite a bit of white fresh pistils on top. A true landrace Purple Haze will take atleast 16 weeks minimum even in tropical weather. Glad you are enjoying some test samples bet she is special.

GoatCheese

Veteran
As usual I am out of rep for the next 24 hours....sorry friends....

It is very clear and functional man I really dont remember much from last night, but kept going back in the room I burned the joint in as the smell was just fantastic and overwhelming!

Yea, thou i haven't smoked pure Haze myself, a friend gave some pure Thai years ago that left the room smelling like sandalwood incence. Super nice. And the effect was top-quality also, really comfortable clear high.
..but the bud was full of semi-developped hermie seeds

LostTribe

Premium user
Yea, thou i haven't smoked pure Haze myself, a friend gave some pure Thai years ago that left the room smelling like sandalwood incence. Super nice. And the effect was top-quality also, really comfortable clear high.
..but the bud was full of semi-developped hermie seeds

This is very similar to your description of the pure thai clear head happy functional and the smell is on a whole other level than what most get with an indica.

I have extremely high hopes for the C99 x old-timers haze just don't know when I will be able to test any.

I did chop this girl a few days ago drying now. Most of the hairs on the insides and lowers were fully red, calyx's didnt swell very much but more crystals than I expected on her at the end.

I will do another smoke report down the road. I have what looks like about 3 oz's but its very fluffy and I dont ever weigh anything so just a guess....should last a while. I haven't even put a dent on the Zamaldelica yet either.

Thanks everyone!
LT

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Yes, Purple Haze and Oldtimer's Haze terpenes have very little in common with modern hybrid strains, there' no skunk, afghani or indica terpenes that are so common in 99% of the current modern commercial hybrids. Oldtimer's Haze aroma and taste are straight old school pure sativa aromas from the 70s.

I think the c99 x haze hybrid will be worth to try, i haven't tried the new C99 version but the old one (and Apollo 11 too) was great!
We used to grow a C99 x Oldtimer's Haze from wolfman more than 10 years ago and the hybrid was great, in my opinion the effect was better than haze x skunk.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

Yes, Purple Haze and Oldtimer's Haze terpenes have very little in common with modern hybrid strains, there' no skunk, afghani or indica terpenes that are so common in 99% of the current modern commercial hybrids. Oldtimer's Haze aroma and taste are straight old school pure sativa aromas from the 70s.

I think the c99 x haze hybrid will be worth to try, i haven't tried the new C99 version but the old one (and Apollo 11 too) was great!
We used to grow a C99 x Oldtimer's Haze from wolfman more than 10 years ago and the hybrid was great, in my opinion the effect was better than haze x skunk.

Thank you very much for your TOTAL SUPPORT Dubi!

How long did your c99haze go until finished? This C99 mom is around 58-60 days the male looked compact short statured and blew pollen at 3.5 weeks! Same look at the time of this OThaze female! How would you describe the results?

LT

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Here's my oth out the cup into one gallon coco....

Attachments

• IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 15

Happy Times

Last phaze of the Purple Haze

19 Weeks of 11/13

Well let me just say what a complete mess this has been but I did stick with this plant after a very rough beginning all the way thru to then end. Most of the plant is showing nice smelling trichomes. Classy Vibrant Old Monk Incense aura coming from first scent. I love it.

I find with this plant the beauty is not in the appearance but in the clear pure high and the immense smells coming from her....

View Image

Vibrant Autumn Colors
View Image
It looks quit airy but the smell coming from this is like the most old school aroma out there!

LT

19 weeks, wow!!! Props to ya LT, glad you can enjoy the fruits of your labor and patience. She looks pretty decent IMHO. I ran some RD moonshine haze last summer that looked really rough but it's maybe my favorite thing to smoke right now. Minty menthol, not the strongest herb (I don't think I really grew her well) but just puffs nice to me.

Happy sativa puffin!!! That's gotta be a nice changeup from the "standard" dank in your selections there.

LostTribe

Premium user
19 weeks, wow!!! Props to ya LT, glad you can enjoy the fruits of your labor and patience. She looks pretty decent IMHO. I ran some RD moonshine haze last summer that looked really rough but it's maybe my favorite thing to smoke right now. Minty menthol, not the strongest herb (I don't think I really grew her well) but just puffs nice to me.

Happy sativa puffin!!! That's gotta be a nice changeup from the "standard" dank in your selections there.

Loving it actually! Really up happy high! Super earthy experience! Barely puffed any and got a few dozen beans out already Pure Purple OT!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

I'm glad you rate highly your experience with our Purple Haze. :)
Very few growers have the courage and patience to finish properly this kind of extreme tropical sativas indoors, well done! :yes:

The c99 x oldtimer's haze had a flowering time of around 13-14 weeks if i remember well, it had sweet skunky aromas with a bit of haze aromas in the background, the flowers had a clear skunk influence in their development. Overall a nice haze hybrid, although i prefer Purple Haze Malawi and Panama Haze, they are stronger and more complex sativa haze hybrids.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Loving it actually! Really up happy high! Super earthy experience! Barely puffed any and got a few dozen beans out already Pure Purple OT!

Did you pollinate purposely or did she throw balls???? I'm trying to find a place for her urgent Mine is more then ready to flip, taking clones today.. I'm not sure where to stick her. That 10/14 just won't work at the original spot I planned to put her ... the spot I had in mind is impossible to light proof completely without choking out a big room... wasnt designed to be during construction it will get dark but air n light seep in through necessary venting.... I'm thinking if I can't figure it out soon plan b is an option..(wife's going out of town for some time .. living room grow tent ... would of been great idea Nov-Feb free heat , I'm determined to see this thru enjoy Ya haze Lt ... I ain't forget Ya on the ibg either patience mang I've spent over a year getting the plant healthy n be damned I took 2 trays of cuts bout 2 wks ago n she still has zero roots (everything else is huge in cups..... but a few passed the tug test , she was never a vigorous cloned for me 2-3wks I got the mom healthy n nice looking but as soon as I took the cuts she has a funny look to her again.. only reason I'm even doin this is so I can get her to a few ppl n get rid of her for good... once some roots strike I'm gonna think of a way to kill her for all she put me thru..

LostTribe

Premium user
Did you pollinate purposely or did she throw balls???? I'm trying to find a place for her urgent Mine is more then ready to flip, taking clones today.. I'm not sure where to stick her. That 10/14 just won't work at the original spot I planned to put her ... the spot I had in mind is impossible to light proof completely without choking out a big room... wasnt designed to be during construction it will get dark but air n light seep in through necessary venting.... I'm thinking if I can't figure it out soon plan b is an option..(wife's going out of town for some time .. living room grow tent ... would of been great idea Nov-Feb free heat , I'm determined to see this thru enjoy Ya haze Lt ... I ain't forget Ya on the ibg either patience mang I've spent over a year getting the plant healthy n be damned I took 2 trays of cuts bout 2 wks ago n she still has zero roots (everything else is huge in cups..... but a few passed the tug test , she was never a vigorous cloned for me 2-3wks I got the mom healthy n nice looking but as soon as I took the cuts she has a funny look to her again.. only reason I'm even doin this is so I can get her to a few ppl n get rid of her for good... once some roots strike I'm gonna think of a way to kill her for all she put me thru..

You definately will need 10/14 IMHO for the final weeks. I was at 11/13 for 5 months and wish I had gone lower! Best of luck to you its excellent smoke and glad I saw you posted here I will have to get silly on her tomorrow! Giggly up and very enjoyable smoke!

Best,
LT

H

hard rain

Congrats for getting through this. Glad you like the high.

LostTribe

Premium user
Congrats for getting through this. Glad you like the high.

I smoked a phat bo dub of this nice girl yesterday and it blew me away. Good stuff!

Upon opening the container it has this sweet sort of dark wine smell very pungent! Earthy! Smoke is straight incense!

LostTribe

Premium user

She didnt herm at all I had a male that I kept for the first few weeks of this endeavor for the purpose of creating some f2. Also hit my first 2 grimm c99 with the same male. Plenty of beans!

LostTribe

Premium user
Gonna burn a huge Spliff of the Purple Haze in the early morning sunlight to conclude my 420 celebration, but the party has just begun!