What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

rolandomota

Veteran
Hi rolandomota,

Oldtimer's haze smells very little in flowering or growing, and is the opposite to the heavy skunky afghani aromas that usually people easily recognize as marijuana.

A good choice for outdoor growing if you have good weather and the odour is a problem. Hope it helps!

Wow just what i wanted to hear. Im sure more will try the same as me and grow backyard hazes now that they know this info. This helps a lot thank you.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
OTH #5

picture.php

picture.php

Green pheno, outstanding flower to leaf ratio, stretches about 3-4x its size from clone, good terpene output, these pictures were taken right after chop which was around 14 weeks from clone (might be a little early).

Smell: lemon/lime soda, rain, sweet musky cedar, and pepper. Very complex, it smells similar to frankincense resin.

It's still drying, so the smoke report will have to wait a while :)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
5 Purple Oldtimers Haze seedlings just starting out.. the adventure begins again! :biggrin:

picture.php

BoldAsLove

Veteran
#4 - intermediate green/purple expression, takes around 16 weeks from clone
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Smell: EDIT-I guess the Asian peanut sauce comparison is something I remembered from reporting on Tom's Haze...interesting. This plant has a smell of some complex Asian peanut sauce like that. It's savory and spicy smelling when first jarred. Now that it's had around 6 weeks to sit, a sweeter floral background has emerged that makes it smell a little more perfume like. Overall, it's a much darker smell than the green phenos.

Taste: floral, chocolate, incense, hash, red wine (smoke has a unique dark incense smell)

Effect: This one is a little bit dreamy, yet there is enough motivation to it to get you moving if that's what you require for the day. Not a very social high, it tends to keep thoughts within, but with no mental fireworks--it seems to be more geared to the anti-anxiety arena. Body is calm and relaxed, but NOT sedated at all. I would consider it a very well balanced and functional sativa high. I find with this one that I have to smoke just a little bit more to get the same potency as most other hybrids, but the ceiling seems non existent. After that cross joint, I had some noticeable but mild audio hallucinations. I haven't felt any narcotic feelings on any comedown with her yet. Length of high depends entirely on dosage it seems, 2-6+ hours.

Last edited:

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Got some cross of the OTH x Orient Express when i remember correct. Wonder if someone grows the same Cross?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback BoldAsLove, your descriptions of the aromas and effects are on a par with my experience with the line. The Green Haze 5 looks outstanding, very big resin glands, ovaries and excellent flower/leaf ratio. The intermediate green/purple looks good too. Hope you are happy with the findings! :)

sweet-emotion and Terpene, good luck with your new haze grow! ;)

Hi OakyJoe, where did you get your Haze x Orient Express seeds ?
I cannot remember we have produced this hybrid yet, but maybe the memory is failing me ...

HI Dubi

Thanks for sharing this great strain. I would like to grow old timer outdoor in your area. Sounds much more interesting than my little grow room :p

This strain is obliviously made for outdoor growing but i'm now sure that this beast can be menage indoor. I had five female and only kept one pheno. I really don't have enough space to do a proper selection on that strain so I took a guess and only kept the first to drop pistils . I was flowering at least two week before the others phenos. Overall, it was looking to be less lanky growing than the others and definitely way less bushy. This pheno also start to drop trichomes before any pistils are showing.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
OTH #5

View Image

View Image

Green pheno, outstanding flower to leaf ratio, stretches about 3-4x its size from clone, good terpene output, these pictures were taken right after chop which was around 14 weeks from clone (might be a little early).

Smell: lemon/lime soda, rain, sweet musky cedar, and pepper. Very complex, it smells similar to frankincense resin.

Hot damn.... What I'd give to smoke some of that!!!

Stunning flowers, bro'!!! :ying:

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Here, the 3 Green Haze's. They grow fast and big, I''l have to buy bigger pots for sure :biggrin:. One was eaten by an insect. Question, maybe a stupid one: is there anything special that makes an insect eat a certain plant and not others?. They're all together and only one was attacked.

Attachments

• DSC06261.jpg
    DSC06261.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC06262.jpg
    DSC06262.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC06264.jpg
    DSC06264.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC06265.jpg
    DSC06265.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC06266.jpg
    DSC06266.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 20

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback BoldAsLove, your descriptions of the aromas and effects are on a par with my experience with the line. The Green Haze 5 looks outstanding, very big resin glands, ovaries and excellent flower/leaf ratio. The intermediate green/purple looks good too. Hope you are happy with the findings! :)

Thank you for helping to make these available :) #5 is certainly exciting from both breeding and growing standpoints, I'm patiently waiting to try it. I plan to put out quite a few more reports on these ladies as they cure. I'm fully satisfied, and I've only smoked from two plants! I've made somewhere in the neighborhood of a thousand seeds, and quite a few more are on the way via #5 cuttings. I've met all my goals, and have much more smokable bud than I thought I'd be able to achieve indoors. It took me almost nine months (and there's still curing to go) but it was well worth it.

Hot damn.... What I'd give to smoke some of that!!!

Stunning flowers, bro'!!!
ying.gif

Thanks man, that's really nice of you to say :)

Terpene

Veteran
My bamboo collection (purple oldtimers haze) is getting bigger:

picture.php

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Green Hazes 1 (left),2 (middle) and 3 (right) growing under the hot sun...number 1 showed one preflower...not sure what it is...

Attachments

• DSC06271.jpg
    DSC06271.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 13

Terpene

Veteran
My 3 taller purple oldtimers haze vegging away in about 10L of soil, the smaller two are still in 1L containers and are more dense than these three.

picture.php

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all...here the 3 Green Hazes...one female (put today in a 23l pot, a couple of days late), and 2 males, that will be killed due to time and security reasons. I'd like to make seeds, but that will probably decrease the amount of bud, and as this is my first Haze grow and ended up with a lone female, I'd like to get the biggest possible yield.

Attachments

• DSC06273.jpg
    DSC06273.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC06274.jpg
    DSC06274.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 15

Jhonny

How would you compare the taste/smells of your OTH Hybrids like Kali China or OTHxPanama to modern US or Dutch haze hybrids?
And how would you compare the taste of the OT Green Haze to the pure non purple Hazes that used to be sold in the Netherlands around 1988-90?

Are there also green Haze phenos to be found in the crosses you made with the PH mom?

I don't have the room to grow to grow pure hazes, but would like to explore the smells/flavors of the OTH. What hybrid would be the best?

And thanks, Oldtimer, Dubi, Charlie & friends for preserving and democratizing these kind of genetics :tiphat:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
OTH #5

View Image

View Image

So nice! Looks like you won the genetic lottery :D

very well grown too, looks f*in tasty!

Thanks for sharing :)

good vibes

Terpene

Veteran
STRONG variation in my 5 hazes. The front two are recently repotted, but all of these plants are the same age.
picture.php

Minor leaf variation between the more similar taller three.
picture.php

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all. First 2 are Oldtimer's Haze, second one is Green Haze. The second photo of the Oldtimer's Haze is the mutated one I posted a photo of about 5 or 6 pages ago in this thread. She has came along way and looks quite nice. They are all under 400w HPS-180w Led grown from straight 12/12 in 2 gallons of pure coco. 3 months of flowering so far, little one probably 2 months left, other two have atleast 3 more months.

They have been receiving Advanced Nutrients new coco formula. I must say I can see a difference in overall health and growth with their new coco formula as it works a lot better with coco vs the old version. They only have new formulas out for their Ph perfect and Big Bud products thus far but are planing to release a full line up just for coco users which is very nice of them to do. Price is the same as well which is great for marketing and me :biggrin:.

Pheno 1 OTH
r8BoA7F.jpg

Mutated Pheno 2 OTH
W9OFRAa.jpg

Green Haze
Pu840SP.jpg

potty1

OTH #5

View Image

View Image

simply stunning looking pheno.
...and lovely photos!

Latest posts

Latest posts