So nice! Looks like you won the genetic lottery :D

very well grown too, looks f*in tasty!

Thanks for sharing :)

good vibes

simply stunning looking pheno.
...and lovely photos!

Thanks a lot guys :)

I posted this in a new thread Sideshow-Bob made:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That Oldtimer's Haze #5 (the pic) is quite nice. I've only had some early smokes from her, but even at 7-8 weeks from chop there are interesting changes it brings in my chest/heart, to the top of my head/behind the eyes, and also in my visual field. I'm holding out on details of the effect for another month or two of curing. From your Hazemania thread, I would gather you're also a frankincense fan. This plant smells quite similar to mid-grade hojari frankincense resin. I describe it as lemon/lime soda, rain, sweet musky cedar, and pepper. Early on it had a more piney scent, but that seemed to fade into the lemon/lime soda smell. Taste on the inhale is just as described--frankincense. Taste on exhale is surprisingly mango, wood, earth. I was surprised by the mango flavor, as I had not smelled mango before. Then I tried grinding a bud up, and sure enough, mango. Albeit extremely complex, woody musky mango. Smell of the smoke is light, bright frankincense at first, giving way to more of a floral earth later in the bowl.[/FONT]

Last edited:

BoldAsLove

Veteran
OTH - purple/red pheno
picture.php
picture.php

I couldn't find a green calyx on this plant. From purple to red to almost black, it's certainly nice to look at (low temps for grow around 17 C). I cut this one down around 19 weeks and I should have probably cut it a week or two sooner, as I was mostly watching the top buds, and not any of the lower growth, which as you can see turned quite amber. It's now had about 2.5 months to cure.

Smell: floral, hash, herbal/spicy (sort of sage like), blackberry

Taste: on the inhale it's sweet acidic blackberries, the exhale is sweet creamy floral hash with a subdued blackberry flavor. Smoke has a unique dark rich aroma.

Effect: *Note: I'm speaking mostly about the less amber portions of the plant* This plant makes me day dream--fully introverted thoughts that slowly but continuously change and aloof behavior. A little better than average in the potency department. Average euphoria. Pretty good for creative activities, but I like a couple other of these Haze plants more in that respect. Makes me want to sit and think--there isn't much motivation for activity at all. It doesn't drag me down physically, but I would just much rather sit and think about something (or everything hahaha). If I try to read the forums or an article, I'll make it a sentence or two in and my mind will go somewhere else entirely, and I'll be stuck trying to read the same thing for a half hour or more. There's almost no focus here, which is why I think it is both good and bad for creative ventures--abstract thoughts are easy to connect, but no focus to see it through. No harsh comedown, but it is a little more relaxed in the body than most of the other plants. Large doses just get you further into the dream. And of course, no appreciable tolerance build up.

Last edited:

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all, my Green Haze starting showing some issues, I think it's some kind of fungus...maybe fusarium?. The leaves near to the main stem turn yellow with some spots, and then fall. Here some photos, I hope someone can tell me what it is. No luck at all with my first pack :cry:

Attachments

• cabinet01
    cabinet01
    83.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC06579.jpg
    DSC06579.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC06580.jpg
    DSC06580.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06582.jpg
    DSC06582.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC06583.jpg
    DSC06583.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17

nodestar

I agree. I get that all the time because I under N. I think what's happening is once the plant decides to eat a fan leaf, at some point it gives up on the leaf it'self. So it starts to cut it off from resources, immune system, water etc. So the brown spots you think are fungus might be. But not something that will spread or effect the rest of the plant. But it's more likely just the leaf dying in different spots.

The Revolution

Veteran
Its Been about 10 years since ive grown the old timers haze. I wish I'd have made more seeds when I had them. I found green, purple, and a silver pheno when I was growing her. Males were tall, lanky, and sparse. I would begin flower outdoors along w my other plants. They'd trigger veey late in the fall and once it got too cold I'd bring them indoors to finish. I took one silver pheno through the new year and harvested her the second week of january. Yeilds were never impressive. Not a lot of appeal. I recall the silvery pheno smelling of old leather, some floral notes. The smoke and high was one of a kind though and even after 10 years a unique one that I doubt I will ever forget. Very inspiring, bright high. Thought provoking, and unique. Colors became brighter. There was no ceiling to this smoke. First time smoking it I found a whole new depth id never explored. I hope some day i get another opportunity to grow amd experience this old haze. For now im grateful for the experience I've had and the ability to browse this thread and share others experiences with this fine variety.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Its Been about 10 years since ive grown the old timers haze. I wish I'd have made more seeds when I had them. I found green, purple, and a silver pheno when I was growing her. Males were tall, lanky, and sparse. I would begin flower outdoors along w my other plants. They'd trigger veey late in the fall and once it got too cold I'd bring them indoors to finish. I took one silver pheno through the new year and harvested her the second week of january. Yeilds were never impressive. Not a lot of appeal. I recall the silvery pheno smelling of old leather, some floral notes. The smoke and high was one of a kind though and even after 10 years a unique one that I doubt I will ever forget. Very inspiring, bright high. Thought provoking, and unique. Colors became brighter. There was no ceiling to this smoke. First time smoking it I found a whole new depth id never explored. I hope some day i get another opportunity to grow amd experience this old haze. For now im grateful for the experience I've had and the ability to browse this thread and share others experiences with this fine variety.

Silver pheno sounds great! The effects sound extremely similar to what I'm experiencing in the best green phenos. Do you have any pictures of her? Did you call it silver due to resin density? Thanks for sharing your experience :)

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Hi all, my Green Haze starting showing some issues, I think it's some kind of fungus...maybe fusarium?. The leaves near to the main stem turn yellow with some spots, and then fall. Here some photos, I hope someone can tell me what it is. No luck at all with my first pack :cry:

Hey sweet emotion, I just wanted to add that your last picture looks like she would appreciate a little magnesium too.

This pic:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=299666&d=1420929327u

The Revolution

Veteran
oth silver pheno

oth silver pheno

Silver pheno sounds great! The effects sound extremely similar to what I'm experiencing in the best green phenos. Do you have any pictures of her? Did you call it silver due to resin density? Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I do have some pics Somewhere ill have to find them. It has a silvery hue from the trichomes.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Here are the three taller phenos of my Pure Purple Haze on day 1 of flower.

picture.php

The smaller two (which I think are male) are still in veg on the right side. The left side are Yunnans and a Cindy Walker. Like the new veg cabinet? Those lights are 50w LED outdoor floods (IP66) and they generate even less heat than the CFLs and can be had cheaply on Amazon. The entire 2'x4'x4' cab is vented using only two 120mm PC fans.
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Someone asked how the plants respond to the IP66 fixtures as veg fixtures. Here are the plants on the 31st in the same cab:

picture.php

And the pic in the previous post was today, exactly 2 weeks later. The dual screen in the pic is the same purple haze on day one of flower. I'd say they're aggressively vegging despite me trapping the little ones in smaller containers :biggrin:

M

Mullum

such a neat and well set out grow and beautiful subject matter, thanks terpene

vinrusso

Hmong thai

Hmong thai

such a neat and well set out grow and beautiful subject matter, thanks terpene
Why is it that you can look back to 2007 on this thread, and the Haze looked like skinny leaf sativa. Now I am starting to see more and more fatter leaves. I know the meio thai is gone. I think that messed a lot of things up. Why did The Hmong Thai disappear? Cannobigen just holding on to it? I just would hate to see these great genetics, start to be faster and faster finishers and bag appeal, that defeats the purpose.

Terpene

Veteran
Why is it that you can look back to 2007 on this thread, and the Haze looked like skinny leaf sativa. Now I am starting to see more and more fatter leaves. I know the meio thai is gone. I think that messed a lot of things up. Why did The Hmong Thai disappear? Cannobigen just holding on to it? I just would hate to see these great genetics, start to be faster and faster finishers and bag appeal, that defeats the purpose.

Haze is a hybird that was created in the late 60s by Sam Skunkman. It has been inbred about a million times to the seeds you have today. It was and will always be a combination of thai, kerala, colombian and mexican. Ace's selection of the purple and green haze lines are as true to the original as I can find. Other "pure" haze selections I've seen are very compact, thick columnar growing and finish MUCH faster - you can tell they've been worked / selected for the production speed side a bit. Not necessarily a bad thing (16 weeks is way easier than 25 weeks) but they're so different from one another that its worth mentioning.

The fatter leaves you're seeing in the pics are an unfair comparison as the plants I posted are seedlings which will tend to have fatter leaves. As the plant reaches sexual maturity, the leaves thin out and get VERY thin in flower.

To be fair, there will be some differences in the green haze versus the purple haze. The purple haze is more representative of the colombian genetics where as the green haze has more kerala / thai influences.

As an example, heres a purple haze (from the same pack of seeds as my current purple haze run) which I ran in 2012. You can see its every bit the same as my other plants. Though I will say that this particular plant was less vigorous and more of a viney plant than the current seedlings. This is probably more indicative of the actual plant itself than the Ace Purple Haze line.

2012 (8 weeks in)
picture.php

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I had no predisposition to either I was just trying to see if I could give an example. I think the f2's of toms haze that went into the bay as freebies a while ago were polluted with ssh pollen, judging by the pics and what the guy was growing at the time.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Absolutely! I think it's important to question things too. Nothing about these plants made me think WLD--especially when it comes to smells and effects.

As I've learned, the structure of a plant is partially dependent on environment and care. A very experienced grower here PM'ed me about the structure of one of my Haze plants. This one:

picture.php

He thought it looked polluted by WLD genes, as did I at one point, but looks can be deceiving. This plant was properly aged, then revegged, and then cloned--the internodes shrunk significantly. Meanwhile, this plant has far and away the best, cleanest, and most focused sativa like effect of the lot with very pleasant sativa terpenes that match the effect. Just trying to illustrate the environment and care aspect of it. I guess I usually think that I can better grade a plant by smelling it and smoking it than by looking at it, but at the same time, how do you pick which seeds to buy?? lol I guess we're gonna have to try them all..

Latest posts

Latest posts