What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldest seeds you've ever popped?

Lolo94

Just popped some 8 year old Swazi seeds. 8 out of 12 germinated so far after a week. Seeds wrapped in tinfoil, stored in Mason jar with rice, and kept in the fridge. All seeds were home made

Bud Jones

I use the old ClackmasCoot method for poppin old beans . Aloe Juice , Pure Coconut water and fulvic acid. .Soak 24 to 36 hours ..

T

TakenByTheSky

Ive been regularly popping seeds in excess of 10 years old. I recently popped some Sam skunkmans O haze x skunk I got well over 10 years ago and they were probably old when I got them as they came as freebies and I got 100% germ, it's a true testament to the way I've been storing my seed.

yardgrazer

I popped a pack of Reeferman's #1 HP (Leb) last year, from ~2006. Can't quite recall how many germinated, but it was most of them. Didn't do anything special, might've been a little more patient than usual with the papertowels, but I also started them a little early, could've been warmer out.

PDX Dopesmoker

My older seeds just keep on getting older and older, from time to time I daydream about growing them, but when it comes times to pick out seeds to wet down I always get excited about more recent seeds. Last night I almost decided to soak some seeds from 2016, but then one of the South African crosses I made last summer caught my eye so I went with that instead because it seemed so irresistibly exciting and full of amusing unpredictable possibilities.

BlackBart

Veteran
I have some seeds that were freebies from Gypsy when he had SeedsDirect about twenty years ago there called Planck I'm going to see if I can get them to germinate using some Gibberellic acid

Carraxe

Veteran
Seeds are a living being. Care for them, dry them and put them in the fridge. Don't be a hoarder and grow your seeds before 10 years pass and you'll get a good enough germ rate. Select males and females, keep the keepers and make more seeds for the future.

10 years is enough for almost everything. If you don't feel the need to grow your seeds for 10 years, you aren't interested in what they are or what they provide, or what you remember about them.

This is the way.

Latest posts

Latest posts