Old Seed Catalogue

H

Hazeseeker

just bumping this great thread,
love reading the strain descriptions from the old catalogues,

peace

Last edited:

Chaman

That was awesome jejeje just totaly bugg'n out on so many of those ideas of crosses and strians and the beautyfull way they laid it all out and nicely wrote thier details...nothing like that today...not too mention the such pale imagination of many seed banks (Sk1 x Haze xNL) and in any order...WoW...WHat the hell happened ?

Chaman

I remember a lull in the early 90's (pre-internet) when there was no advertising of seed seller's in high times or anyplace else for that matter.
It seemed like such an underground thing that just exploded around '95 or '96 with so many seed companies on the web that really started things rollin' for all of us.

Grunt

It's the year I went indoors! I've searched and searched for my old catalogues but alas I'm convinced it's gone. What a loss. Thanks too much for posting it up. Sk#1 was the absolute kind and everyone that I gave it to said they had never smoked anything like it before. Some people asked if it was sprayed with anything, and of course they all asked was there any more? It would git you really ripped, really red eyeed and it made everybody wanta go out and work in there garden. Then SSSC went down and I lost my mother plant and have never found one like her since. Don't know if the real deal even exists anymore except under lock and key. Great memories!! Thnx Grunt

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grunt....try cheese....peps ask me if its sprayed all the time....the smell is so strong its like a new thing to 99.9% people

H

highsteppa

nice thread, I have to say many of the strains/crosses are still very interesting in comparison to whats offered today!

Chaman

so these seed catalogs of the past came out befroe the internet boom...which was also the indoor growing boom...

So in other words peoples new needs to grow plants under thier controll and in man made envirotments killed alot of the genetic breeding ideas of the past where the few people grew out doors mostly or in greenhouses where most of these awesome sativa crosses did great...but not so under the lights.

So little by little you'd see less exotic and more NL#5, SK1, bla bla bla crosses as too keep the indoor growers buy'n seeds and getting a bigger market, since not many could grow out doors, specialy now a day with asshole naighbors and even worse now after 9/11 where everyone is a dang "evil doer" jejeje so more people growing indoors demanded more and more indoor type seeds, and more of them each time as thier friend and then there friends of friends also started to grow indoors to cut back on costs and risk of buy'n there smoke to growing their own.

And from the looks of it back then they didn't have all too many things to breed with so everything was start'n too be the same after a while killing what was once a rich genetic pool of strians too a almost boaring mix of the same over and over...

Good thing about the internet now is that we can get together aside from these money hungry seed banks and perserve and get back into the oldschool breeding. Its in our hands now I feel to bring back whats been missing.

Chaman

Memory road!

Memory road!

High all, well that is some trip back! I lost those but did order seeds from them back in 1988-89. I remember the stamp mark on one of them was from Oregon US and the other from Alberta,CA.
Lost them all after I got busted...Ahh, those were the days of super strong buds.
I have ordered thousands of seeds since then and never ever got anything come close to those geneticks.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!
STILL LOOKING AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS!

Boom Shankar! RR

So sorry mark6699331, I got the pluton 2 and it was incredible. So racy some got heart palpitations from it, was so completely blue, like brand new jeans(in those days inyway!)Great stuff. RR

Smokey#1

Hans (R.I.P) had also a strain named "Super Sativa", could this strain have anything to do with that club?

Hans (R.I.P) worked with Wernard at Positronics, after Positronics stopped he got a hold on the "Seed Map" where all the Posi Seeds where stored into. For several years Hans used those Positronics seeds to make new Strains and sold them under the name "Nederzaad" (Netherseed).

I recently got my hands on the Positronics Afghan & Citral and also the Super Sativa wich i dont know much about.

If anyone has any info on this strain, please PM me.

Peace

soniq

top shelf thread!!!

I remember a LOT of the weed I came across as a new consumer in 89,90,91 ; much of it was creeper this or creeper that. My friends and I thought they were talking about "the buzz creeps up on you". Turns out that was part of the strain...... or purportedly at least.

We got some pretty dank weed back then as junior smokers, it's clear that some of it came straight from these genetic lines! So cool!

Latest posts

Latest posts