What's new

Old Seed Catalogue

bigghead

thanks for the memories. i grew the g13nl from them, cloned them till 2001. was as good as the best today. what happened to this co. ?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea love the old catalogs!!! wisht here was more information on those catalogs and stuff from the 80's!

G

Thanks for posting that catalogue from 85 Sam, so refreshing to read those descriptions as they are so honest and straight, nowadays they always talk up their strains so much, but when you read descripptions that say "not as strong as Skunk, not as early as S African" and "10% superb, 75% good, 10% poor" you really feel you are getting the truth. You read phrases like "incredible resin" "highly potent" and words like fantastic, superb and exceptional bandied about far too often in seed descriptions these days.

I'm not old enough to have been growing and smoking in the 80s, but I have F2s of 89 SSSC Skunk #1 and Pluton 2 so I can relive those days for myself sometime.

G

what an excellent thread....

nice work everyone.
i got all nostalgic and shit.

i long for the day to open a seed catalogue the size of my phone book and browse away..........

anyone else out there stashin old seed catalogues or relted literature?
i get a kick out of it. just wish we could still use 88 prices.

:pointlaug

I too enjoyed the thread. I was born in '89, so it was amazing to see the strains that were around back then. I agree with British_Hempire regarding the honesty and straight-forwardness of the strain descriptions.

I'd really like to grow some of those strains, but it seems most of them are now gone, especially some of the landrace sativas.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
i have that sssc catalog.. 89-89.. You made me go pull it out.. hehee. Man i wish i woulda ordered seeds after gettin that catalog.. But Nooooooooooooooooooooooo... wat a dumbfuq.. peace..

sack

Goldenseed

Hey Peeps !!!!

You all should try to google:Super Sativa Seed Club and look what you come up with it looks like they will be back in near future :muahaha:

Peace Goldenseed

yoman

thanks, cool thread!

does anybody know more about the history of the seedsbanks? for example why seed bank became sensi seeds? and whats about ben dronkers and the super sativa seed club? and did all these guys know each other or did they start their business independet by their own company?....

Last edited:
G

even though the original poster is now a guest.......maybe he/she will stumble across this............THANKS.........really a fun flashback in time..................what a menu hehehehehe

:rasta:
Bf

E

ElectroSticky

AMAZING THREAD

AMAZING THREAD

:D

:respect: :respect:
Excelent thread ... it al makes sense now ... lol .....

:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts