What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OLD SCHOOL VIDEO GAMES!!!!

slappyjack

An early 80's stand-up arcade game that I dropped a boatload of quarters into...
tempest.gif

I loved Tempest so much I bought one 10 years ago. :)

Nothing gets my adrenaline going like the "pulsar" levels. Best pure old school video game ever.

A

Amstel Light

how can noone have mentioned ROBOTRON?!?!?!? coolest game ever! who remembers when track and field came out and you would use your comb balanced on your fingers to get more speed? you old bastards!

HAHAHA you were one of those zipperheads HEAD with the goody comb always at arms length sticking out the backpocket lol hahahahah.....i was to:1help: ....but we used pencils for track and field one of my favorites is defender stargate.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Astynax, Shadow of the Ninja, Skate or Die, Skate or Die 2, Nabunagas Ambition, Bionic Comando, Captain Skyhawk, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior 1,2,3,4, Wrath of the Black Manta...all NES titles I used to play religiously back in the day other than the usual Super Mario Series and the Zelda Series.

I used to spend too many quarters on too many games to list. Any Capcom and SNK titles would be on that list namely Street Fighter Series and Street Fighter Alpha Series from Capcom and Samurai Showdown and Art of Fighting from SNK. :joint:

NOKUY

Veteran
i still love the 1st tekken....havent played any but the first tho.

what is the best one besides that one....if i was to get another? (ps2 only)

tekken-1-cover-front.jpg

emmy75

i dont play video games anymore but i did when i was growing up in the 80's.

For Nintendo:

the legend of zelda
super mario bros
and my personal favorite Metroid

for the arcade:

anyone remember a game where the bartender would fill up a mug and then pass it down the bar and i think the player had to serve the customers with it. i loved that game. good memories playing that at circus circus

C

Capt.Cannabis

so many greats already listed - the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Sega Genesis system are so classic..by far my fav. video games of all time
sonic 1 2 3
sonic & knuckles
dr robotnics mean bean machine (tetris for sonic heads and the computer was hella hard)
sonic spinball
sonic 3d
ALL EPIC!!

sega-sonic.jpg

A

Amstel Light

i dont play video games anymore but i did when i was growing up in the 80's.

For Nintendo:

the legend of zelda
super mario bros
and my personal favorite Metroid

for the arcade:

anyone remember a game where the bartender would fill up a mug and then pass it down the bar and i think the player had to serve the customers with it. i loved that game. good memories playing that at circus circus

root beer tapper maybe or someting like that?

motaloca

Speedball
Ports of call
Giana Sisters
Road Rash !!!!!!!
Outrun
and so may more
Final Fantasy 7 (unemployed at this time, we would game till the bakery opened get some fresh bread smoke more bowls and breed chocobos)

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
Pacman, junglehunt, mario bros, Q-bert, Frogger, Legend of Zelda, Contra, Super- C, Metroid, Mike Tysons Punchout, super mario bros, 2, 3, Zelda II, Mega man, Kid Icarus, many, many, many more...

up up down down left right left right B A start lol

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
how about police quest, kings quest and Oregon trail(always died of scurvy)and leisure suit Larry? great, great games!

StoneByName

I love all the old school point and click adventure games for pc, lots of em were LucasArts games.

Monkey Island(s), Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones games, The Dig, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Broken Sword... all gold :joint:

THC123

Veteran
mortal-kombat-2-psn.jpg

1676_1.png

this is my all time favorite , i still play it online sometimes with mame for pc

So if anybody wants some , come and get it!

Latest posts

Latest posts