What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Kali Mist vs New Kali Mist?

Q

qanabose

Do the new Kalis show pre-flowers in veg?

Pine

yes, just got thru this stage and pretty much all of them were showing pre-flowers just before turning down...

all good so far! 58 germed out of 66 seeds (6 packs sourced from two separate suppliers) I started with which is almost an 88% germ rate.

I later pulled a female that was quite badly affected with crinkled leaves.

Out of the 58 plants, 40 were females (with the one fem I ripped, I now have 39 remaining). So it worked out that they were almost 69% female, another impressive score!

I have one select male that stood out from the rest for his overpowering incensy odor and close internodal spacing and so I've put him aside for now out of the 18 males which I had in total.
Not sure whether to breed with this one or not.

Burt

Veteran
it takes packs to find a true keeper-i found a keeper by accident 8 years ago-did not reveg though so it is rarer than you think-it was a real old school NL with that thai high that brigthened everything and tasted sooo good!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had 3 females out of 5 all 3 where keepers 1 was a indica dom pheno that was more potent but had less taste. The taste from the 2 Sativa girls was very unique nothing I have tasted before. I love this stuff

Burt

Veteran
your right hammer-i've heard simon's work is highly stable-the keeper i was referring to was found rummaging thru F2's-i really should have tried harder to save her-spicy taste and an almost instant up/social/vibrant high

Q

qanabose

While I respect the stability of Simon's work, I had this notion of searching for exceptional breeders and it certainly is an expensive exercise to take on. I guess I could say 1 male out of 18 has some outstanding characteristics to it, but I've always found it difficult to anchor my selections on males because male traits don't exactly equate to female traits and you can never really bud up a male to know how they're going to practically contribute to future female characteristics.

while I'm principally interested in Kali's for the high end of their sativa spectrum, I've also got an inane curiosity going with the illusive indica pheno but have no idea how prevalent it is.

KindHypnos

I have a question for experienced Kali growers. What size could you realistically keep a mother plant and keep it long term? Smaller is better in this case. Could you keep a mom small and trimmed long term?

ok, 2 questions. :D

Thanks peeps.

You can effectively bonsai any strain really HeadyPete, the key is keeping it rootbound and trimming/training/supercropping ect.
Personally I've kept plants like this in 2l pots for nearly two years... you just have to trim the roots from time to time...

Here's a good thread to read on the subject.... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31919&highlight=bonsai

U

ureapwhatusow

smell close to identical these are thre two females

different calyx and bud structure, leaf width

picture.php

picture.php

had a 3rd plnat a male, still running in veg. Flowered him out, he is the best male ive grown since lste 90s based on several variables

i need to run him proper, collect pollen nad store it but un til then i hit many plants wiht it including these 2 girls

still have a pack of mist to finish popping :)

hit these girls with the male mist too
picture.php

picture.php

seed pics soon

im so excited

U

ureapwhatusow

bump iid love to know if they are recogniizable phenos anyone have any opinions?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Thanks for the info, KH! Good to know as I bonsai my indica moms right now...

I just picked up F13, so that will be my first trip into sativaland.....

spice A

so i have just tasted my kali for the 1st time, yes its nice and has a bit of the original kali taste i got hooked on when i tried it in dam 10 years ago but it just isn't the same! that sweet spicyness has just become a bit more typical haze flavour. I am not complaining about the quality, it is really nice...... but it just isnt the same!

If anyone can send me in the direction of the pre 98 cut it would make me very happy to have that flav back again!

On a side note, much respect to serious seeds, they are one of the few seed companies i trust from experience and testimonials.

teide

Veteran
It is interesting to know that ww is the old verion of kali mist but that it has never really had the recoginition that kali has had over the years!
it would be great to see a grow & smoke report on western winds.
I picked up some beans when i was in cambodia back in 2006, the smoke was a soaring, visual high that seemed to enhance all your sences, the buds were spindly but had high calyx to leaf ratio and smelt very peppery with hashy undertones.
I might try again to see if i can germinate them again

Do it!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love to find a good kali / Western winds,, did this thread figure out where the best kali is at nowadays?,,, I was considering hunting down the old clone but I bet its gone now,, kali mist from the damkrink 01 was the some of the best weed I've ever had

chusss

I would love to find a good kali / Western winds,, did this thread figure out where the best kali is at nowadays?,,, I was considering hunting down the old clone but I bet its gone now,, kali mist from the damkrink 01 was the some of the best weed I've ever had

i was thinking about grow soon some western winds, i wrote to the sagamartha guys to get some seeds instead of buy them from any web store with old stock but they even didnt answer me back, so screw them, i decided to grow destroyer instead

Latest posts

Latest posts