What's new

Old Age

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
well fella's/gals (or any other pronoun you wish to adopt) - its my birthday in 2 days time - I'll be 63 - more by luck than design - I've been shot/chopped and beaten way back then in my life - and that didn't kill me - and generally been in reasonable health all of my life - but now the docs tell me that I have a 'dodgey ticker' - that needs operating on - so I have open heart surgery to look forward to - unless they can do it keyhole style - seems like I'm in need of a major heart tune up - and valve fix (Mitral) - making me think that the great adventure of older age is surgical/medical in nature -

- But I always look on the bright side - my kids are all fine - and the wife just recovered from some sorta flu - and is back to work after a week off - and I'm not in much pain - to dampen my optimism -

- Just keep on keeping on - staying mobile - and doing maintenence workouts every other day - so I don't seize up - and eating just enough good food to maintain my weight - get enough but not too much sleep - and some love in my life - keeps me fine and dandy -

BudToaster

Veteran
but now the docs tell me that I have a 'dodgey ticker' - that needs operating on - so I have open heart surgery to look forward to - unless they can do it keyhole style - seems like I'm in need of a major heart tune up - and valve fix (Mitral) -
have you had a coronary artery calcium CT scan? they can measure the amount of calcium in the heart arteries. about 15 second scan, light radiation, no contrast.

calcium can be reduced by lo carb/high fat diet, plus Vit K4 and K7, and exercise.

63? a dozen years in my rear view mirror

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
have you had a coronary artery calcium CT scan? they can measure the amount of calcium in the heart arteries. about 15 second scan, light radiation, no contrast.

calcium can be reduced by lo carb/high fat diet, plus Vit K4 and K7, and exercise.

63? a dozen years in my rear view mirror
I have been on a keto/intermittent fasting diet in the recent past - and lost alot of useless weight - while exercising daily - and managed to get down to what I weighed in my 20's/30's - and have managed to stay at that weight for a year now (210lbs) -
- The last scan I had was an ultrasound oesophagul camera that I had to swallow - so that it could image the heart - and show the leaky valve - all my bloodwork came back as being normal -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Happy Birthday, Gypsy!!!!! May you have plenty more. Thank you for all you do here for all of us. Thank you for making IC mag the best Forum on the internets.
Thanks Creeperpark - I'm off to the gym for a light workout/swim and steam/sauna with the wife and kids - then to the 'Kung-Fu Buffet' - all you can eat Asian food restaurant - which the Mrs is treating us to - should be a fun day -

Hermanthegerman

Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen
Veteran
Have a nice day Gypsy!

92e2d7a7508b199f7c29ed4ec2e105c9.jpg