What's new

ok krusty

G

oh yeah greenja i use a chiller controller for that a/c. $75 off ebay. it doesn't run that much at all but the ambient temp where the res is stays around 75 and below. 45watt pump on 24/7 plus a 200watt pump on 40secs of 40secs

Last edited:

Greenja

Humm, you wrote at the very beginning:
a)these 11 plants got too big... only 20x10x7... 5(1k) 2(400w)

that's 5800 no?

Very cool setup that chiller is. What temp ya got the controller set for? and thx for the info again

greenja

krusty...just like walkin in Paris..ya gotta watch where ya walk or ya end up w/ brown shit on your feet! lol

G

yes, my dear watson, but upon further examination i have deduced that indeed 4 of my 1kw units are wired up and 3 of my 400 watt unit are operational at this time.:D :D :D
you see, i can't just stand and look in the room and tell what i have running, its a fuckin jungle in there. and all the ballasts are in their own little groups. i have 6 1kw units and 4 400watt units but not all are running. had to go see which ones are hot... yeah i know i know pay attention but i don't like spending

the chiller is set at 68 degrees and its set to come on at 69 degrees. so its never above 69

G

1101bubbles.JPG

krusty

nitrous seems to have the fizz/froth down...that looks sweet...

so nitrous you like the KBS method???

what methods did you use prior and what are your thoughts on KBS??

just curious cause if this is yer first time you have truely come up with alot of good ideas...and it seems you have made the most with what you have kinda thingy...

peace

krusty

G

this is like my 5th or 6th time using this method. some crazy growdude from canada spread the info on it a few years back on og and since then its nothin but treez:D :D

i grew dirt and dwc with powerheads but to me its plain to see this is the best for my needs... low numbers, big plants

...standard thomas pump and soaker hose hot-glued to the bottom

yeah krusty... this system helps the plants do what they do better. its hard to grow something to its full pre-determined genetic potential but this system i believe helps you get closer to it.

there is also this GH foliar spray called CHI. i used it on my last grow and not on this grow, except once, and i can tell a difference. when you use it, the branches seem to become a lot stronger and develop a fatass base where it comes from the main stem. this helped support the fruit weight. but i used it too far into flowering once and had bad side effects.

have you ever seen weed leaves with 13 blades?

krusty

nitrous - i tried to glue down the soaker hose.....if you can get it to stay then you can literally have only 1/2" of nutes and get the best fizz happening...but it always came up on me....

1.you never have probs with it breaking loose??

6 th time round hey...sweet ...

2. dewd why yas veg so long then??? or do oyu normally grow them that big??

thas why i figured it was yer first time round...cause you left them grow so long.....alot of people kinda dont realize this systems potential and the plants seem to get away on them

peace dewd

krusty

G

1)no, actually when i go to rip it out, the soaker hose tears and leaves a glue/soaker chunk stuck to the bottom bucket sometimes, other times it breaks free cleanly.

2.)i don't know what i was thinking really. the blue sattelites and heavy duty fruity's are ok, but the zindicas have explosive growth after the switch to flower. massive stretch

also i figured since i was running less buckets i could let them get bigger... still learning i guess.... i've had my fair share of mistakes and i'm done fuck fartin around with experiments

how often do you or your people do a run with no air to the bottom? and what are your thoughts on that?

G

Nitrous,
Damn bro, you really do have x-treme air!! What are those white things in your bucket?

G

Yep... sounds about right. ;) But tell me, are you using these as supports rather than the 1 gallon bucket? and if so then what type of bases are you using for support on those pipes?

Again . . .I am just guessing. . .

but I would venture to say that -

YES - there is NO additional 1 gallon pot.

The pipes are ALSO Hot Glued to the sides of the bucket.

Hope it Helps

G

SYK is correct... but in addition to the hot glue there is also that gorilla glue shit. still, in some of the buckets 2 of the pvc pipes have popped off. one still supports it though.
i'm currently thinking of a way to be able to rotate the upper bucket throughout the grow without damaging any roots. it involves having a support ring on the outside of the upper bucket so you don't have to have anything for support in the bottom bucket

Funkyskunk

damn

damn

now those are some holes!

cut down on the drilling didn'tcha.

i always hated drilling 80 of those damn 1/2" holes!

looks like i wasn't the only one!

happy growing

FS

Greenja

i agree, i dont get near that much bubble action...tell us about the air setup..what pump and is that soaker hose? in what pattern if so? I used 1/4 soaker hose and a thomas pump fashioned in a 4 leaf clover setup under 1.75-2" of nuts.

thx greenja

G

1101soak1.jpg

here is the shape i use. with 5 buckets of these, the psi stays at around 20psi. that wasn't the case at first. the pic i took above was when i first installed it. it seems over time the soaker lets less cfm through it. i think with the pic above, it was at 5 or 10 psi. the pump is a thomas 2619xxxx whatever.... its been on continuously for i don't know how many months. it's an old pump though. you probably have a better one. the soaker hose has orbitonline.com on the label. i wish i could get more bubbles

krusty

hmmm...

to me that looks liek too much soaker hose per bucket..

nitro have you seen any of the pix showwing how i push the line thru a 1 gallon pot??

the 1 gallon pot also keeps the two buckets from siezing up...

and there is no need to put glue n such in with the system :/

i....if what you do works....fine....i just thought maybe you never seenthe pix of my 1 gallon thingy:)

peace

krusty

Latest posts

Latest posts