What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OJD's SSSG

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Hey Ido sorry I havent got them pics up yet lol....had some family from outta town here and havnt been able to do my thing without distraction etc...I did end up transplanting the 2 that are Females and today after lookin at the other 2 that were unsexed it looks like I might have 2 more so I went ahead and repotted them too! The runt is a girl lol I knew she would do me proud....she is suffering from a slight deficiency though as Rez pointed out from the last pics. The soil I had them in wasnt the best so hopefully now that they all have been moved into larger containers with fresh soil it'll bounce back. The other testers im running were in the same mix so I gotta get them into new dirt as well cuz I'm starting to see the same thing! Pics will be up by monday at the latest though :)

I

idoreallytry

watch the runt be the shit lol,,,thats the way my runt was,,,peace

Irie_Lion

Veteran
alright so i'm late again with my update :) They are all about one month now....all 4 of my ladies are in their 11ltr homes now and thats what they are gonna finish up in. The smallest is now being bent over and trained slightly to get some of the lower branches caught up. It had been struggling up until a couple of days ago when i repotted it and now the green is coming back (it was really yellow before) Originally I hoped to flower them out starting today but i think its best I give it at another week to make the best of it since i only got the 4 of them....Hopefully get an ounce or 2 each in the end. The males have been moved outta the main light area and are just hanging around for now....I'm trying to get a place set up for them so i can flower them all out and collect the pollen for future seed run. I figured its best if i gather it from all 4-5 to keep a wider variation in the f2's. Enuff of the talkin here are the pics ;)

Group Shots
picture.php

picture.php

Plant #1
picture.php

picture.php

Plant #2
picture.php

picture.php

Plant #3
picture.php

picture.php

Plant #4
picture.php

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great bro

really growing crazy
nice training you done there
so 4 females im sure you will have at least 1 keeper from these
keep up the green thumb

peace

I

idoreallytry

nice bro those babies are going to have a lot of branches and lots of buds,,,peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice....love seeing the training in there. Super compact internodes too!! They really seem to enjoy the bondage as well...(note to self)...hehehehe

How much longer until you plan on flipping them into flower? And I was thinking about this the other night...are you going to run straight 12/12...or do you think you could get away with a 13/11 or maybe even 14/10...??? I mean, it is a sativa....should be interesting grown that way....

dank.Frank

Irie_Lion

Veteran
nice....love seeing the training in there. Super compact internodes too!! They really seem to enjoy the bondage as well...(note to self)...hehehehe

How much longer until you plan on flipping them into flower? And I was thinking about this the other night...are you going to run straight 12/12...or do you think you could get away with a 13/11 or maybe even 14/10...??? I mean, it is a sativa....should be interesting grown that way....

dank.Frank
The 11th will prob be their last day under 18/6....Just want the other branching to get a lil bigger and then its off to flower. I never thought about altering the light schedule but dont think I'll mess with it this time since i have a few other plants flowering too. Maybe Ojd has some input on this?? Oh yea forgot to mention earlier that i took a cut or 2 from each of the girls other than the runt...gotta get her this weekend. I'm excited to see what they will turn out like once flowering sets in :) not much longer now!

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great they have bushed out nicely, should provide you with a good yield
keep up the great work

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe Ojd has some input on this??

I agree. Didn't realize you had others in the room at the time.

I KNOW, when I do get around to these seeds myself, I think I will alter the flowering cycle for them. I was just talking to another member (in part a result of reading some of DJ's writings...) about building a sativa specific flowering room. In all reality...it makes a TON of sense. (especially when looking for a keeper for breeding...I suppose it is crucial to let it thrive in a more specific and tailored environment...not only that, but certain traits may not show or may not be expressed it the proper environment is not there)

HAHAHAHA....anyway...I get long winded and excited....

OOOOOJJJJJJDDDDDD!!!!!

Comments or opinions on flowering schedule?

dank.Frank

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi irie

you will have some nice yielders for sure

with 11/13 or 14/10

i myself would not do this the first run from seed so i can see how she grows normaly
but on the next run maybe id go 11/13 on the haziest pheno's

these should flower in the 10-12 range with maybe a real hazy 1 going a week later

these are great to chuck straight into flower from rooted cuting in a sog

produces long cola fat colas like ssh

keep up the great work

peace

dreadvik

I was just talking to another member (in part a result of reading some of DJ's writings...) about building a sativa specific flowering room. In all reality...it makes a TON of sense. (especially when looking for a keeper for breeding...I suppose it is crucial to let it thrive in a more specific and tailored environment...not only that, but certain traits may not show or may not be expressed it the proper environment is not there)

Got a linky on this dood! I'm only aware of keeping the 12 hours of dark but extending the light period past 12 using digital timers. What's with the 13/11 and 14/10? I got a Sat only room ready for some games and so full of heads it's unreal! Just want to try thicken them out more this time if my ventilation will cope :)

Sorry for the slight thread hijack Irie :) Nice to have all the info in one place tho :)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi dreadvik
im not frank
the 11/13 light on/light off
is to reduce the flower period not improve the yield
it works by telling the plant the season is finishing by being in more the dark period like outside when the days become shorter

if you want to improve yield you need to veg more train more and increase light(add another light it will definately improve your yield)

thats my take on it anyway
works very good for any strain that is a longer flowerer 10plus but used more for 12 week plus strains like nevils haze original haze and any strain 70% plus sativa

sorry no link for it but check mr nice section im sure this is where it was first talked about

peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well...actually, I was suggesting it the other way around 13/14 hours of light vs. only 12. Yes, in part people say that this will increase yield (albeit not monumentally) But my main understanding for the concept behind altering the flowering schedule is that it is in fact MORE natural for certain genetics to be flowered this way. This is true for plants with a genetic lineage of ANY plant that grows closer to the equator/tropic regions. The reason being, that they receive longer more intense sunlight, and also receive more UVB in these regions as well. (I use UVB lights in my room anyway, but I think it should be included)

Anyway....lol. Great show Irie. I love it when the topic can drift a bit and good info can be introduced and questions brought up...especially when the breeders come and share in that capacity. Makes for a great read!
Thank Irie, thanks OJD.

dank.Frank

blackone

Veteran
So healthy looking plants with a super strong growth!
Definitely a thread worth watching - I wonder if I should try some LST myself sometime.

Latest posts

Latest posts