What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ticktickbong

What does OG in OG Kush stand for/mean? Sorry for this silly question, but I have never seen any explination of that name here in South Africa. I am newish in the hobby and only getting into indica strains etc with internet availibility. Never smoked kush at all, let alone OG kush. I have even asked people but not one person could say(although they use the word often)what OG means for sure. Just qurious as to what the meanings are. Looks extremely potent tho. Pleasing plants well grown.
Peace

G

OG=Ocean grown

Other stories include OG kush was named after OverGrow.com, but generally its accepted to be Ocean Grown.

E

ElectroSticky

hahhahhahahah i really dont know what it stands for ,, actually i like ocean grown a lot , what i thought was kind of ,, hahahahahaha i dont even want to post it ,,

hahahahaha i have read somewhere it was *** Original Gangsta Kush = White Label Bubble Gum X Sensi Seed Hindu Kush **** ,,

it sounded preety nice but ,,, everything does now a days ...

PEACE :bandit: :kos:

J

JeffSpicoli

ya original gangster is what alot of people say...
I like the Ocean Grown story / name... Seems fitting... Although OG isnt really a real kush... So it being grown by the ocean instead of the mountains doesnt have as much relevance as if OG were a true kush from the hindu mountains

I always thought OG meant "Original". I see the Gangster, But we were calling the old school surfers in the late 70's and early 80's the OG cause they were the Original Surfers and we were new style shortboarders. Bla,bla,bla. Spicoli's the man HAHA.

G

grapepunched

OG stand for ORIGINAL, or original gangsta, whichever you prefer...

I have always known this and never heard the ocean grown story, sounds kinda weird and I'm pretty sure I'd have known if that was it. Everyone I ever knew who smoked it or grew it called it original. Some ghetto esque white boys I knew called it the original gangsta, it's lineage is also unknown as it's a legendary cut with many different expressions of itself, i.e. SFV, ghost, abusive, Larry, Woody, Tahoe, and on and on...

Taste is always described as lemon fuelish spice with sweet undertones.
Wish I knew someone with a cut of some OG, it really is delicious.

-gp

G

With the search feature here at IC
OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang"

As I mentioned above, plenty of variations on the story. Very few people know the actual truth behind the name, those directly involved in it.

Ive been at this site for a very long time, and can remember when these varietys were first being discussed on the boards. Original Gangster, or OG is a term used in hip hop for a long time and it doesnt surprise me popular lure has attached Original Gangster to the OG Kush name.

As I mentioned, few truely know and it doesnt take a genius to equate OG with Orginal Gangsta.

Last edited:

skar

hey, it's not mine but please don't turn this thread in a bad mood...OG is OG...and OGraskal grow it very well !!

just my 2 cents...

peace to all the growers around the world ! :joint:

skar

E

ElectroSticky

SKAR :wave:

the mood is not so bad ,,jejeje,, i mean there has always been some confusion about the rare original KUSH!!! and all of its lovely variations !!!!

myself i dont worry about it so much ,, just like to give input when i can,,maybe im too attached to my :joint: always ,,hahahaha,,

i believe the thread is going weird since OGraskal has not :whip: the thread for some time now ,,,

OGraskal :wave: hope everthing is gooooooooood for you and you just catching some waves with some real kush :headbange

tubby

is this super OG kush? looks amazing. have goten nugs like this a good bit over time by far this is defentley ranked high on my list of strains!

kevlar99

new around these parts but been around the scene for a long time and i had to chime in after i watched that vid. Think that vid is bullshit, I remember hearing about Og kush in the mid ninties. Regardless of who created it, it does exist and grown correctly will produce the goods. Been working with two og cuts as well as the Blackberry bubba and there is defiinetly something to be said for these genetics, just look at the pics in this thread.

bigherb

Veteran
ograskal sic pics duuu lov that its a soil grow .im attemptimg som outdoor kush in ny for the first time any advice is appreciated.

A

Aerokush101

OGRASKAL,

I know you heard this before but that looks excellent. I can't wait to see more come from you...

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
all the hype are drama around the kushes is fucking crazy, i just wanna smoke dank nugs. my bros break my balls all the time when i try to tell them about og kush and bubba kush. i dunno what it is, all i can say is wait till i harvest. :)

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shaolinbushido made that video.
he was riding ograskal hard there for a minute.
it was a good pissing match in that thread.
he even made a bollywood video talking mad smack towards ograskal.

shaolin was riding shanti's jock hard along w/ all other dutch breeders.
essentially saying that only good weed comes out of holland, everything else is bunk.
that guy was a clown and is long gone from here.

ograskal

Veteran
Ahhh Yes.....I Love that Video!!....Kracks me the Fukk up every time I watch it!!!!....OG KUsh is Girly Weed!!..LOL....~ogr

Werent you on OG back in the day? Think i remember that name. I was moedank then got kicked off with most of the Krusty Bucket crew and changed my name to Freedom....13.

Anyway, to hell with OG KUSH man! haha Im too old for shit that strong. Buddy has a clone of it and I wont even take any free OG KUSH when he offers it...haha Its good to fall to sleep on though. If i smoke it at 4pm and im asleep by 7pm...

E

ElectroSticky

ska , ograskal

ska , ograskal

:wave:

reservoir kush lines ,, they use sensi hindu kush + a lot of nice goodies....

i wanna hear skar and ograskal on this ....

:joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.