What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG KUSH(Overall)

M

maliali

is the d-kush the exact same cross as the famed motorbreath, i.e chem d/sfv ? cause ive grown that and it's great. Infact everything i've grown with chem d in has been amazing.

yes it is the same genetic background but , they cant be the same cuz u dont know which trait is stronger in offspring which traits male is carring. And this old Karma male is good as i sad offspring is OG dominant and chem is recesive. I have little school on breeding just for info not some pro but i think it is something like that.
Also CVK from CC is the exactly same mother CHEM d and sverves and karmas males comes from the same seed stock and karmas is most OG dominant and in CVK chem is dominant. u see the difference...:dance013:

LostTribe

Premium user
I love newb saying how their newb strains are so much better than the strains all the old timers crave, yawn...

Robney

For everyone who says OG is overrated - what pack of seeds would you buy that would give you something better than og?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
still the #1 strain on all SoCal Menus

Real Cuts from like 06-08 era (SVF, Fire, Tahoe)

grown are the best still to this day... we are now in the era of str8 watered down garbage..

If you cant get the real cut ... only an S1 from those cuts are on the same level... all these breeders adding males to the OG gene pool just ruin and water it down even more..

Real deal OG spindly vine like growth with rock hard golf balls will make your forehead sweat and your mouth explode with terps when grown right...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
That's awesome you and all those that came in contact with your cut in NL think it's the bees knees! I'm looking forward to seeing it take the world by storm. how long you think you got before all the fake cuts start showing up?! I'm sure OG will soon be a just a faint memory. Can't wait!

I have been to Cali and smoke various of OG's. Hells,Fire,Larry,SFV...al have similarities in different terpens. SFV is the purest OG smell with no earth,candy,musk..like similar cuts. But i u look overal on all this. My Jack cheddar granny smith pheno like folks say. Taste perfectly to last hit with sour apple taste which is given buy lemonywoodsy jack hazepheno and sour cheesy from mother. Or plane Amnesia(nothaze) c99 on 77days from clone in comerasion off OG they bit them in every ascpect. Also i am very good with flavour im kid from the village and nature clean air and nautre. So i know very good smells of nature. Og is not lemon it is citrusy in kind way with tastes like skunky black licorice with gassy overtones on the inhale with hints of vanilla and coffee then more anise and lime piney. Gassy is that Fresh wood soil with pine needles freshness it dominate inhale also pine dominate exhale with different under tones. This is the real taste of OG. I must say last time a want to NL i take my Jcheddar with me not anybody believe it is Jack hybrid and they salivating when they smoke this. It is becouse everybody hiped about OG and they forgot SSH gen pol which is the best gene poll of last 20 years of cannabis. Not any OG cant beat good JHerrer,Cindy,Amnesia in any aspect only problem is that today OGs are good breeding small gene poll. SSH and Jack are fucked up to much varriation but if u find real u will forgot soon any OG. Also i see that in not conneseur guys like us who know the difference with weeds very good if i give them oportuinit og vs haze hybrid og will be lefted away. Sorry for long post but i had to explain some facts of my opinions expeciali on that describing smell boys from big city SD smell like fuel truck wrecked with tones of lemons tipical American big city no nature smells description ahahah peace brother smoke the herb :DD

ttugamer

I agree with waxi that OG is overrated. Not because it's bad but because I'm getting tired of it. Here in Colorado literally every single strain in the shops are an OG, chemdawg, or diesel hybrid. There is very little variation in the strains. That being said I do love the WIFI OG and Ghost OG cuts.

First off the most intense Lemon Pinesol OG I have ever tried was San Fernando Valley OG Kush. Its insane and I would smoke it just for the taste but it has a world class high without much stoney after effects. My absolute favorite smoke out there. If you haven't found one like that then you best keep looking.

LostTribe, I'm curious to how you compare some of your favorite OGs to a pure sativa strain like the zamaldelica that I saw your report on. I've been looking into growing some Ace strains so I can get something unique that isn't found in the dispensaries here. It seems like Malawi and Zamaldelica could hold their own in terms of potency but with a much more complex/unique high that I haven't been able to find in the "sativas" that dispensaries sell

OG is good when you have a legit cut and dial it in, but It's still overrated in my opinion.

I've seen a lot of shitty grown OG and it seems harder to dial in than other strains. I also don't like the earthy, lemony flavor that much but the high is pretty good.

Cuts that I like more than OG are GSC, Bruce Banner, GG4, Sour Diesel.

Seed crosses of OG will always be a crap shoot, but really any seed grow is gonna be a crap shoot. Karma seems to have the best OGs in seed form.

M

maliali

We can go as long as u want with this debate. But first real OG what it is we have ghost,ogrkind,joshd,larry,ha,poison,tk....all s1 and maybe bx's so nether no one of su know what is the real deal. and all of this cuts growed from seeds. If u buy 10 packs of Karma, BIKER KUSH im sure u will find even better OG then is real cut not so viney yild better. IM SURE IN THIS !!! Its all about selection !!!!!
I smoke lot off OGS from seeds cuts coffe shop social clubs dispaneries....all of them have putrid similar OG stenches...All of them little bit uplifted borring high,stony and couclock on the end. Taste IS ALWAYS EARTHY PINEY AND DRY...but with lots of sweet and sour flavor notes...and that is OG it is first in CALI becouse of 63-70 days flower,but no mather what u say it is good weed but it is always second place with good haze Hybrid no matther what u say. And someone say here i am newbie yes i am on icmag,but u are life newbie. Maybe im older then u and even smoke longer then u and i from part of Europe who is biggest producer of M in Europe even Spain and NL can hide so sure i seen lot more plants then u so who is newbie i dont know. All in all OG is good but not the best.... smoke some NL5Haze or G13haze u will se mate the difference....

idiit

Veteran
^maliali, right on.

in order to have a useful, intelligent thread on a strain it often helps to differentiate between commercial and personal smoke strains. og is a fantastic commercial strain including hybrids.

not too many experienced members here tout og as grail personal smoke.

the customers want og. end of debate. incredible, undeniable track record.

M

maliali

^maliali, right on.

in order to have a useful, intelligent thread on a strain it often helps to differentiate between commercial and personal smoke strains. og is a fantastic commercial strain including hybrids.

not too many experienced members here tout og as grail personal smoke.

the customers want og. end of debate. incredible, undeniable track record.

TRUE !! :tiphat:

Robney

Different smokes for different folks

those of you who say haze hybrids are better, what seeds do you favor?

idiit

Veteran
Different smokes for different folks
^ what personal smoke grows are all about.

I like psychoactive strains for my evening puff; Malawi, satori, haze hybrids (some), zamal, png/cts out of nanan bouclou. all available from seed.

I like complex, enjoyable highs that give me epic evenings. in the end it's how great was the high (effects). some like bag appeal ( pretty girl's pussy almost always gets rated higher), some are taste fanatics, some want a debilitating "get stupid" stone....

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Love me some OG. That lemony, jet fuel flavor and numbing body buzz. Wish I had a big bowl of it right now.

I'm not big on Sativas. I don't like that heart racing buzz some pack.

Happy Times

All in all OG is good but not the best.... smoke some NL5Haze or G13haze u will se mate the difference....

Just curious whose NL5Haze or G13Haze you have had a good experience with. I got to try some NL5Haze from sensi grown by a rookie friend back around 97' or 98' and despite lots of room for improvement in the grow (hydro, no flush) I still really loved that smoke. I've heard sensi's stuff is not what it used to be though.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just curious whose NL5Haze or G13Haze you have had a good experience with. I got to try some NL5Haze from sensi grown by a rookie friend back around 97' or 98' and despite lots of room for improvement in the grow (hydro, no flush) I still really loved that smoke. I've heard sensi's stuff is not what it used to be though.

You may be interested in Chimeras Lemon Cello variety for some NL5HZ.

Otherwise, MR NICE has both in seed form.

LostTribe

Premium user
I agree with waxi that OG is overrated. Not because it's bad but because I'm getting tired of it. Here in Colorado literally every single strain in the shops are an OG, chemdawg, or diesel hybrid. There is very little variation in the strains. That being said I do love the WIFI OG and Ghost OG cuts.

LostTribe, I'm curious to how you compare some of your favorite OGs to a pure sativa strain like the zamaldelica that I saw your report on. I've been looking into growing some Ace strains so I can get something unique that isn't found in the dispensaries here. It seems like Malawi and Zamaldelica could hold their own in terms of potency but with a much more complex/unique high that I haven't been able to find in the "sativas" that dispensaries sell

Sativa's and Indica's are 2 totally different things. For me I would choose OG over a pure Sativa on most occasions as it for me is a great feel good high. Something like Zam is more like buy the ticket take the ride sort of adventure where you arent always going to want to go for that experience.

I think the majority would agree except for maybe some super hardcore old heads that are way tripped out never to return....for me there is a line and if I choose to cross it I want the perfect occasion and environment to search. In addition its nice to be able to get happy on OG and just have an easy going totally great day!

Both have their place but the OG I would have my hand in the jar far more often!

idiit

Veteran
In addition its nice to be able to get happy on OG and just have an easy going totally great day!

^ what personal smoke is all about. sounds like a great og strain.

Stardog

I just finished a run of Karmas D-Kush from a pack I found in my fridge back in the fall.It was from 2010. Just bringing it up as I saw the first post mention it. Ended up with 3 fantastic females. I would have had more but I dropped a tray of seedlings and lost a couple but regardless it was just about the best pack of seeds I've ever bought. Kept the best one. I've run most of the OG's that have come my way and I love them too. I don't have a favorite smoke though but overall I'd prefer something hazey. People love the OG's though, me included, so what are you going to do? It's also true about Karma's Biker Kush, there's gold in those for sure.:tiphat: