What's new

OG Kush (Abusive Cut) x Sour Diesel IBL

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
rr, the S&P inline fans are great from what I've read. I think you'll have plenty of room depending on your configuration. You have almost two feet of depth to work with. The right angle aspect of the blower limits my scrubber length to less than 7". Do you plan to add a filter?

yea i plan to add a filter but only if smell becomes an issue, which i think it will be once i buy some good seeds. I will probably have to build a carbon filter to fit the design. Next month i will have much more info and pics because i will have moved into my bigger place. Thanks again for all the help you've been!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Day 20

Day 20

Another day, another update! I took 4 clones and chucked some pollen on a couple of lower buds. :woohoo:
The yellowing at the bottom persists. It's not very much so I think I'll be all right. Secondary growth is nice and green. I upped the nutes from 500 to ~650 ppms.

The tops seem to like being about an inch or two from the bulb.

The stretch at the bottom is moving into usable light.

I have experience tying plants down when they stretch too much but I don't have experience with hollow stems. I waited till they were good and thirsty and carefully tied the tops over. The straw like stems folded. I don't think I damaged them at all but they don't want to work with me on the bending. I tied them at the bottom and gained a few inches. I also raised the wing reflector against the cab ceiling. Any more stretch and I'll have to tilt the pots.

I believe these were about 5 or 6 inches tall when flipped. Next grow I'll flip clones no later than a week or two after rooting. I'll also use two liter soda bottles and I estimate I'll have 9 to 12 clones in flower at one time. Headroom won't/shouldn't be a problem and I'll wax the large fans when secondary fan growth is sufficient. peace

killabrown420

so far they are looking just like mine did. i did the same thing and let them get a little too tall when I flipped. i think that spacing in between the bottom branches and the top nodes can be eliminated by flowering sooner. your next run of 2 liters should do very well. i can't wait to see what these look like in a few weeks. So far they at least look pretty uniform.

what pollen did you use?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
what pollen did you use?

(og x sd) x dc.

killa, I've got one of the green crack crosses dusted with the above. The poor girl didn't stretch in flower due to transplant stress and/or lack of N. It's about 10" tall at day 46.:pointlaug I try another round in the next week or two.

bf74

Thanks Aerohead. The plant in the foreground (1st pic) is a reveg but the previous grow below was from seed. The box was almost full and ~3 oz. dry harvest.

I'm curious myself. Hang around for the next two or three weeks and we'll at least know about these. I've seen pics of 6" SDIBL growing 2 to 3 feet in flower. I guess the OG Kush will corral this to some degree. I don't think they'll stretch throughout flower like the last sativas I grew.
3 oz from 150w is an achievement my friend, excellent grow. peace

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Day 28 - HAPPY LATE 420!!!

Day 28 - HAPPY LATE 420!!!

End of week 4. Here's what's up so far.

Colas are taking form.

4 budlets dusted for seed.

These will probably top out about 24" from top of soil. They're about 23" now.

Nutes still not dialed in, yellowing continues. Been thinking about a N supplement but not sure about adding at this stage. I'll be sure to hit the next batch a little harder. I'm also gonna get a drop kit to compare with the pH meter.

EDIT: All four clones rooted and dome removed on 8th day. One is (you guessed it) pretty yellow but I think it'll make it.

killabrown420

Hey DB, what range of smells are you getting from those 2? im curious to hear how you describe it as i have a hard time identifying what mine smell like. it reminds me of the og kush but it has a non-weed kind of smell, like doo doo or mildew, something foul. could be the sour d in it. i'm looking forward to seeing how big those colas get. they already look pretty frosty. structure wise, they are identical to mine. flowered sooner i think it could do well in your space, sog style.

was that the green tangerine that you had problems with? that is an interesting cross because they are so different in flowering times. i know the t-haze mom is finicky and can lose all her leaves while flowering. but even if it looks bad let it go a full 75+ and it might just suprise you. the t-haze can look unimpressive @ 45 days too, but just let it go.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wasup killa? The smell isn't distinct yet. I occasionally get a citrus whiff(?) but there's also an underlying funk I can't identify either. Maybe an orange turd, jk! The colas are parked right beside the bulb and I make sure I don't get em too close. The buds I dusted look frostier than other parts of the plant for now. I guess that will change pretty soon. Looking forward to multiple clones of dis chit flipped earlier!

Yep, the green tangerine looks like hell. It's less than 11" tall, lower fans have dropped and upper fans look like nute burn or def. Other than that, it looks fine lol. I'll probably reveg and take clones, also have a few seeds left if necessary. I love the smell of this shit!!! I'm glad you said to let it go. The trichs clouded up in week 7 and I even noticed a little amber. It looked so sad I thought I'd get it out of the way for something else. Something kept me from chopping it at day 56, I guess you're telepathic. Unless some of these sdx clones push it out, I'll take it to finish. It'll be the first elite I've grown and I'd like to get the full effect. Too bad it won't yield much but I should do better next round.

looking awesome DB! When i order and get my cab build i be sure to post pics. Im interested to see how the 2liter bottles work out.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I just totatlly space out trying to imagine how those must smell. I'm so jealous :p

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
hey catman, 5th week was peppery citrus. now it stinks with the lemon smell in the background. can't really compare it to anything I've smelled in the past. not a dead skunk but something dead, rotten, etc. I'll have to upgrade the filter to grow a full box cause these two have already revealed their presence.

Max0r

Disco:

Been gone for a week or two but things are lookin great.
You gonna let that f*cker go 8 weeks? :)

Latest posts

Latest posts