What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

M

mossy

And Mossy Id love to see you in this too for the fun
I is M8.
Just haven't had time to post.

I started 8 monday afternoon.
Straight to soil.
Outdoor
I got some proper seedling compost..:yay:....so they are in that.

I jacked the bottom of the pot up with about an inch of hydro balls..to try to create a bit of an air gap between the bottom of the pot and the tiles on the patio.

Fingers Crossed eh.

I'll bring you the list/photos tomorrow.

Speed & Safety to everyone taking part...

and may the Best Bud Win. :clover:

I'm really looking forward to this. :jump:

You Learn more when you are having Fun..

anonamix

Niiice. Glad your in on this mossy :wave:

Ive got the PCs germing, and was lucky enough a few of my purple ak cracked during germ a day before. Im throwing those in party cups seeing how thats about all i have rooms for.

With all the great auto growers involved I cant wait to see what you guys can do with such little soil.
This is sure to be alot of fun
:jump::dance013::jump::dance013:

F

FullDuplex

I is M8.
Just haven't had time to post.

Awesome, so glad to hear this and i must have skipped over it in excitement or due to a recent harvest, things have been a little more crispy around here :ying::dance013:

I started 8 monday afternoon.Straight to soil.
I'll bring you the list/photos tomorrow.

This is the part that i cant wait for. I know you have something good going, especially if you got a good compo for them:artist:

I jacked the bottom of the pot up with about an inch of hydro balls..to try to create a bit of an air gap between the bottom of the pot and the tiles on the patio.

Fingers Crossed eh.

I think that you will like the result of this. It will allow the bottom exposed roots to be "air pruned" this will keep the bottom roots from creating the "circle of death": that were all gonna have to over come. :dance013:

I have a few tricks up my sleeve as far as mods go to the cups. No mechanical air supplies or anything of that nature, just mods for lessions learned over time. Ill also have stopped the circle of death. :whee:

Speed and safety to you to Mossy and to all you other canna geeks involved !

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
beans are getting showing little(opening little bit)) bit Roots .
toomorow i put them in not in jissy but dirict in the blotles .becorse i read that jiffy need too be on botum .
so no jiffy's guy's.

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Ahhh i missed the germ date, i dont have any extra beans at the moment either, but im gonna start an onyx in 16oz cup in a month or so. Anyways, goodluck guys! I will be watchin!

20/4

Bighill

So has anyone seen any sprouts or cracked beans yet?

Yup, i got 6 of 10 with a tap root, looks like i might get 8 of 10 to sprout. I should have mine in cups tomorrow, i could put the 6 in right now but i just amended my soil with some extras, so i want it to cook over night at least. Will post pics then.

I am using a pretty active compo mix. This comp chewed up 3plants worth of trim in 2 weeks, so it is teeming with micro life.

FD: Air cup mods? :D

Bh.:dance013:

F

FullDuplex

Ahhh i missed the germ date, i dont have any extra beans at the moment either, but im gonna start an onyx in 16oz cup in a month or so. Anyways, goodluck guys! I will be watchin!

20/4

If you get some by the end of the week you are ok. Sunday night is the deadline. I left the first week open for all new germs

Yup, i got 6 of 10 with a tap root, looks like i might get 8 of 10 to sprout.

Nice:dance013:, i checked this evening by moving the dirt back a little and saw one of my Bud Wider as well as one of the Bad betties have shown tap root. As far as the others i am not sure as i didnt disturb them. I figure the others will be showing to, or at least i hope

I am using a pretty active compo mix. This comp chewed up 3plants worth of trim in 2 weeks, so it is teeming with micro life.

Sounds like it. Sounds like some good stuff kinda like my teas, let the compo get nice and active and then brew away :dance013:

FD: Air cup mods? :D

Bh.:dance013:

Shhhh cant be tellin all my secrets :biglaugh:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
2 out of my 5 have broken the surface :dance013:

so if the rest dont show by tommoz i am dropping another 3 tonight.. might even drop 7 and have a total of 10 :) the more you have the better chances of winning :):gday:

angel4us

ICMag Donor
waitin on sour 60"s

waitin on sour 60"s

High all !!!! Haven't used one of these "beer"cups in frickin 12 years as of july twelve!!!!! beleive me this will produce much better things than if i were to fill it with beer!!! note to self --- need to get a new aa coin!!!LOL

Sorry im waitin on sour sixties !!! if not here by sunday then may have to switch my entry to blue streaks which were popped into soil 3 or 4 days ago- if that is cool with powers that be???????

as far as mods go Can any internal cavities be formed/placed in with medium ???? any internal movable parts allowed- mechanical root trimmers???????
and someone asked about hempy style cups??? are they legal and if so can you run both and go with your best at the end??????

one more question , can these be on automated drip system??? gravity drip system???? or must they be hand feed ????

F

FullDuplex

popped into soil 3 or 4 days ago- if that is cool with powers that be???????

These will be fine if the 60's dont come in. You started them on monday or tue so this was with in the first week. Just have to go to 16oz party cup after

as far as mods go Can any internal cavities be formed/placed in with medium ???? any internal movable parts allowed- mechanical root trimmers???????

Ill let you guess on this one..... but i did get a good laugh:tiphat:

and someone asked about hempy style cups??? are they legal and if so can you run both and go with your best at the end??????

As long as its in a party cup im cool its a medium in a container. This is all about what we can get out of something so small.

one more question , can these be on automated drip system??? gravity drip system???? or must they be hand feed ????

as long as its not hydro im good. These little guys are gonna need watered more than any other you would grow. Drip is a good method here

F

FullDuplex

2 out of my 5 have broken the surface :dance013:

so if the rest dont show by tommoz i am dropping another 3 tonight.. might even drop 7 and have a total of 10 :) the more you have the better chances of winning :):gday:

Fantastic sounds like you have some quick ones on our hands here. I checked again tonight on moisture and temps and wanted to see if my suspensions were right. Inspected all 6 and all 6 have tails. One is a brand new tail but has split the shell and begun to emerge. The rest are running that tap root!:jump:

Fingers crossed

HookaHittaH

No signs of life over here yet. I always give them a week before even messing with them. Just keep em moist and let them do they're thing. I think I may have an issue as I am goin out of town for 3 days this weekend... Hopefully things don't get too dried out for them. Temps are to be over 100 degrees F. all 3 days.. I will have them in the shade but the heat will still dry them out. Send good vibes my way for good germ rates...

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
is bonzai-ing method permitted i know the answer is prob "no" but the only stupid question is the one not asked :)

Latest posts

Latest posts