What's new

OFFICIAL Revised RESULTS: IC 420 GROWERS & BREEDERS CUP 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baccas125

Holy shit i just got home to find out i came in third place were do i pick up my "grand award"??

G

Congrat's Baccas

Make sure you post some pictures of your award once you get it.
Take care,
BG

G

Farmer John said:
Man oh man bro next year PROMISE to send some real weed over there, only ones that really hit me hard were (in order) Sam's kif and candy (amazing), Moppel's SSH (great) True's Casey Jones (also great). There were good ones in there ok but those I loved the most, gotta be honest and say that kif and candy fucked me up so hard I had hard time believing it, took many hours when the weed started to have any effect again, very good and I dont even have to say it but that kif itself would beat any bubble in any cup any day and I dont even want to mention the candy, that was insane and I only took a pinch. "Oh you'll survive" barely, just barely. Thanks again, I learned a good lesson.

man when i saw Sam pass u that candy an u ate it without too much question my respect for you as a heavyweight went off the richter scale,seriously stoned , :bat: i bet u was lol good day though

G

great news

great news

well done bacc :woohoo: ,i'll swap your award for a parrot lol

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Wow sounds like you all had an awsome time, some great strains entered for sure. Good goin to all the growers and breeders who put their time and energy to bring this all together, especially DG and Gypsy for puttin this on. Hope to see you all next year! glad you all had a great 420, Hail the leaf, Dime

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
man when i saw Sam pass u that candy an u ate it without too much question my respect for you as a heavyweight went off the richter scale,seriously stoned , :bat: i bet u was lol good day though
LMAO brother it was so nice to get to meet you at last, lets hope that next year we have more time and a more quiet place so we can talk shit better lol but yeah, friday4/20 was a turning point in my life for SURE.

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Congrats Baccus!!! And thanks for all the weed you supplied at the smokeouts..That Trainwreck had me pissing in my pants!!!mitsu

bigbuddhaseeds

again guys its always good to smoke good good stuff from peoples wares all over the world! had a great time as well as meeting up with a lot of new and old friends who have a same love and passion for bud as we do, big shouts to soma and his sogouda, kiwi boys, h'adam! the king, the boys from ic, growdoc, briteside hazy, trucannabliss,moppel, gaus, all of you big respects and big thanks to you all, peace bb

Advanced

I wanted to add how nice it was to see everyone at the 420 cup, congratulations to the winners and condolences to the non-winners.

I thought the awards party was a good time, even if it was a bit hard to find, I circled around the huge whole in the ground construction site that seemed to incircle the building and I ended up pushing a very heavy motorcycle down a long sidewalk to find out how to get there but in the end it was worth it, the bands were great and I got to see a lot of friends and smoke a lot of nice weed.

Props again to BigBuddha who gave me a pack of BB Cheese seeds a while back. One of the resulting phenos has become very famous. A cutting of the one that was choosen as the centerfold photo for 7 european magazines was given to Soma by me who crossed it with one of his famous strains and gave him a first place Indica cup this year. I did not realize it until he was thanking me on stage, I think I was the last to know. It was a nice suprise.

Buddha, you have magic beans!

It is too bad about the MG misunderstanding. I did not enter anything myself so I did not read the official rules but from what I read on this site, I did not specifically see anything on this forum that disqualified a grower who does breeding for one company from entering a different strain from their personal grow.

I think it is unfair to suggest that MG cheated, my impression is that he thought that as a grower that he could enter his own entry as long as was from a breeder that he had no connection with.

I can see the reasoning behind it, to give small growers a fair chance at an award where they do not have to compete head-to-head with the best strains from professional growers.

To avoid any future disappointment, it might be a good idea to make the rules for each category more specific for next year to avoid any confusion.

It made me wonder if I had entered something in the grower's cup and had been lucky enough to win a cup if I would have also been disqualified since I had provided the female used to create SoGouda? I am not a breeder, I do not do it professionally but I did contribute in an ancillary way to an entry in the Breeder's cup competition.

It was an intimate gathering but the hosts went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and make sure a good time was had by all. Special thanks to OP.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
"I think it is unfair to suggest that MG cheated, my impression is that he thought that as a grower that he could enter his own entry as long as was from a breeder that he had no connection with." Thats what im thinking too, but still, if you work for a grow/coffeeshop then you are professional imo...did we meet Advanced?

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I remember a guy bringing loads of lights and stuff into the shop on saturday morning that someone bought at the expo, was that him? :confused:

THC4SIM

Alex-F said:
I remember a guy bringing loads of lights and stuff into the shop on saturday morning that someone bought at the expo, was that him? :confused:

he was a big tall guy with a bike jacket on...
well he looked tall while i was crashed out on the sofa in the shop

R

Ronley

Congratualtions to everyone,
I just got home about an hour ago.
Thankyou DG, Gypsy, OP and everyone involved for organizing such a wonderful smoked full event.
Once i am organized I will post photos and tell my side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.