What's new

OFFICIAL Revised RESULTS: IC 420 GROWERS & BREEDERS CUP 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Crevalle

Congrats to JLP!!, Heads, and Rez for the placings. Soma killed it too.. To all the hard workers and winners :woohoo: To the cheaters :moon: LOL

Anyway, I know what seeds I'll be looking for..

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
MnightGardener said:
Hi
I dont understand it,i breed seeds for kiwi,and many other top seed breeders here in holland and grow dope independently,and its not only for kiwi/dampkring. grey area,barneys and some others also sell what i have independenly grown,hence the peacemaker.this is not a kiwi strain.all the growers who won a cup breed for seed companies in some sort of way. If i had of known this then i would not have said anything,but i still do not understand it.i went to alot of trouble to get things ready for this cup. Many of the strains i have grown won prizes in cannabis cups and the seed companies take the credit and say nothing about the grower,thats why i was so amped to enter in the icmag comp.The reason i said i breed and work with kiwiseeds is that they are a very new seed company and i wanted to give them a bit of respect too,all the other companies i breed for either did not enter or are very well known already so it was no need to say anything about them.
in my post i say i work and breed for kiwiseeds,the reason is that i noticed that if i said that people would realise kiwiseeds has got a good breeding crew and their breeders are winning awards.Shanti Baba/greenhouse(in the old days)Reeferman(Barneys)
MG(kiwiseeds)see what i mean.i really am upset that because i say that i work for a seed company i get my prizes that i worked really hard to get it all ready for you guys to sample.now on the forum i am made out to be a crook and cheater. Ron from kiwiseeds asked earlier for the changes,that is his decision to place kiwiseeds next to the awards that i received,i didnt know he was wanting to do that and i did not know that i basically am not allowed to make a living from growing if i would like to enter the icmag next year. please consider my side of the story and dont take away something that i worked so hard to get.
Mako Haze took Sativa cup in 06,this i didnt get the credit for,but i grew it.
Thank u for your time
MidnightGardener

i dont think people should call you a cheater (and saw other posts where people thought the same) and i will defend you to anyone who says so. It all looks like a misunderstanding.

MidnightGardener, i really feel sorry that this happened. I know that you are a great grower or else you couldnt have won these prices.

Keep up the good work man!

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Let's not get into name calling....and associated accusations.

Disqualification is based on multiple statements, for example:
i breed seeds for kiwi

The above quote, made by you, verifies that you should have been in the BREEDER category and not the INDEPENDENT GROWER category.

Next year, enter in the correct category. Simple really.

Thanks!
dg

J

Jack Crevalle

I was just joking about the cheater analogy myself. A bit of sarcasm. I don't think dude cheated on purpose, but it's kind of obvious he shouldn't have entered all the categories. Conflict for sure. Just be a good sport and stick to the rules man, it's like if Rez entered all the categories, he is a breeder, and sure, could grow other strains, but it is not in the spirit of the competion for the " Growers Category" for some pro to be entering his wares or friend's wares, be it allegedly a private strain or not it's just the ethics of it...imo

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
No, a breeder who represents themselves as being a 'breeder' who stands to make 'financial' gains from the seeds made (irregardless of the seed co) is a BREEDER and entries go into that category, not the INDEPENDENT GROWER category.

The decision has been made and no amount of bickering about it is going to change our rules, which was clear from the beginning.

dg

MacHaze

I do understand the rule, and it stands to give the private grower the change to show his skills... :joint:

But what I don't understand is that MidnightGardener is a person, who works at the company Dampkring/Kiwiseeds, and has also a hobby, growing his own weed, and wants to enter privately the cup... NOT to make 'financial' gains from the seeds made, especialy not from the Peacemaker, wich isn't on the KiwiSeeds seedbank list... but only to have the satisfaction to show his PERSONAL skills, regardless the strain...

It doesn't sound fair to me :fsu:

Cheers,
MacHaze

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats to ICmag

Congrats to ICmag

Congrats to ICmag for stepping up and doing the right thing. As always keeping both eyes on fairness. Thanks DG and Gypsy for doing what you do so fairly. We all know this was a tough decision but the facts show it is the right thing to do. So instead of worrying about the stir it will cause you did the right thing !!!!
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jack Crevalle

I agree, great call DG and Gypsy. The categories stand for a reason, the growers cup makes IC cup a fun way for us regular ICmag Cannabis growers to be a part and show skill independent of professional interference or advantages. It is fair and fun that way..makes the cup something special for IC growers who aren't professional breeders.

G

looks like an unfortunate misunderstanding...next year.

Great job straighting things up...IC...

what if Midnight doesnt want to give it back? that sucks. do you have to go get it?

just make new cups and send em out.? i dont envy having to sort that all out.

keep it green.P>Joe

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
The lineage of the product being entered isn't the issue...it's the 'grower' or 'breeder' that enters it...if Soma wanted to enter Mississippi Mud that he grew from free seeds obtained from JLP then it would go into the Breeder category for the simple fact that Soma is a breeder who makes financial gain from being a breeder....and is not an independent grower.

Look, this was not an easy or simple decision...you all think we LIKE this??? The decision had to be made to uphold the division of the categories...and we stand behind our decision.

It is not a nice thing to have to do...but it is fair, and hopefully Midnight can come to understand this.

dg

G

at least get that dudes work over here at seedbay as it looks like all the awards he has won under other seed co names they look like a rising super star. And I know gypsy being a very smart bizness mane already got dibs on thousands of mg beans.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Dutchgrown said:
The lineage of the product being entered isn't the issue...it's the 'grower' or 'breeder' that enters it...if Soma wanted to enter Mississippi Mud that he grew from free seeds obtained from JLP then it would go into the Breeder category for the simple fact that Soma is a breeder who makes financial gain from being a breeder....and is not an independent grower.

Look, this was not an easy or simple decision...you all think we LIKE this??? The decision had to be made to uphold the division of the categories...and we stand behind our decision.

It is not a nice thing to have to do...but it is fair, and hopefully Midnight can come to understand this.

dg
Exactly my thoughts.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Gratz goes out to JLP, snaggin awards in both categories.... and baccus!!! gratz brotha, flexin your green thumb... nice showing. lemon pledge.... droooool, sounds tasty :yummy:

vodoochild

Great job everyone. Congrats to all the winners. Fairness is always an issue and im glad to see that things were changed to reflect that, thanks for the great samples of your hard work and hope to make it again next year.

G

I have to say I did find it odd originally that a person could win BOTH the professional and the amateur categories way to go for clearing the situation up!!!

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Man oh man bro next year PROMISE to send some real weed over there, only ones that really hit me hard were (in order) Sam's kif and candy (amazing), Moppel's SSH (great) True's Casey Jones (also great). There were good ones in there ok but those I loved the most, gotta be honest and say that kif and candy fucked me up so hard I had hard time believing it, took many hours when the weed started to have any effect again, very good and I dont even have to say it but that kif itself would beat any bubble in any cup any day and I dont even want to mention the candy, that was insane and I only took a pinch. "Oh you'll survive" barely, just barely. Thanks again, I learned a good lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.