What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Results: 2008 IC Mag 420 Growers & Breeders Cup

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
Just a grower
We were able to sample and procure a few eggs,some high quality polm,Excellent Caremello,some knock you on your arse Af-Pak-Maroc(boil and run at the flame)and right before we left we were lucky enough to get some fresh Soles(Rocky) and Nepali Sieve that was like saltwater taffy!

Every sample under the microscope was absolutey clean and pure!!!!!
Only the occasional stalk(trich) and spur...A sight to behold up close...And to all be imports was mindblowing...Theres some serious hash makers out there that are damn proud of their product!!!!
Every piece would boil as the flame approached and would get hard as a rock at room temp,,well all but the Nepali!!
Some badass resins!!

From the shops the only excellent sample was the caremello from Barneys but for 14 euros it damn sure better be....
Also the King Hassan-8 euros and the Hassan Extreme 10 euros from GH were both nice and both excellent deals on shop hash...
The only Rifman Hash I sampled that I could call nice was the Leila,,3 others were below average...The Leila was on par with the Greenhouse resins...

Nothing else worth mention that I can think of anyway....

Nepali plate:

how do they make stuff like that?
dosent look like the hash-bagh hash we make over here in the states...

mr.haze420

Veteran
they make it the old fashioned way, by hand, no machines or tricks, just hard work and the right screens

G

Having seen the Nepali and Caramello under the microscope, like Capt and Bulldog say, no contaminants, just resin heads.

Mr.haze is the man to know about these things, and it just goes to show how good dry sift can be, all they will have done to make those hashes is rub or shake the plant material on a screen over a bowl and collect the powder which passes through the screen.

Hey mr.haze, do you thik the Nepali and Caramello are once sifted or that they have refined the powder with a second sifting? I was very surprised it had no contaminants, I would expect there to be bits of plant matter, dust etc. in there,

I suppose nowadays they use plastic mesh like is used for sikscreen printing rather than the traditional silk scarf.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
So THAT's what had Capt and several others stumbling about the dam with ear to ear happy grins and heavy eyelids! :wink: Looking for munchies is such a fun adventure. :canabis:

:wave:
dg

mr.haze420

Veteran
not sure if they double sieve, but it is an interesting point. i will ask a friend who goes nepal what he thinks and get back to you

G

Cheers mrhaze, I was thinking it must have been refined with a second sieve because I saw NO contaminants - no plant matter, no cystolith hairs, no pistils, nothing. I'm wondering in they make some use of the cole temperatures at the end of the year to aid the seperation of trichomes? I mean, we all know that frozen trichomes are brittle and detach easier. Maybe they leave the bundles of plants outside to get really cold beafor beatign them from hash?

B

British_Bulldog

Well I think it's either refined with multiple screens, or the first seive using a fine screen. However, even with a first seive with a fine screen, it would be extremely difficult to get hash that pure.

The heads were small, due to it being Nepalese and from sativas, but having made dry seive and bubble hash many times, I know how difficult it is to get pure, uncontaminated results.

In fact, I've never managed to make a product that was so clean, but then again, my aim wasn't such a pure result, just a great product to smoke.

I would be interested to hear from any hash producing experts on here, and their views on the production method used.

Peace

B

British_Bulldog

I think maybe you're right Mr.H, as Sam is probably the most knowledgable here.

I have invited Sam by PM to drop by and share his knowledge with us. I'm sure whatever he says will be valuable input :)

Peace

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Well slight dilemma...Sam has PM'd me back and given me his opinion, but I can't post the PM'd info, as it's against the TOU, so I've asked Sam for permission to post what he thinks

->> Is this the correct procedure please anyone??

Peace

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
British_Bulldog said:
Well slight dilemma...Sam has PM'd me back and given me his opinion, but I can't post the PM'd info, as it's against the TOU, so I've asked Sam for permission to post what he thinks

->> Is this the correct procedure please anyone??

Peace
sounds safe to me

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Yea I think thats right permission from both parties...
Plus it does not pertain to a problem but just information to share...
The nepali was so pure it would go soft at room temp and best kept cool for storage where the best rocky has no problem keeping it solid at room temp...The Nepali was soft buttery hash.....Until you look close you think it's a charas...it's just so soft for sieve...But it's pure trichs as was mentioned above and under the microscope you can't BS...
DG,
Yes you are absolutely right about the stumbling around...I just wish I could post the video of my bike crash,,,now that is classic...The video cam never touched the ground,,,but I sure did!!!Van stops right in the bike lane so I swoop around the back to meet a lady headon!!!!!Bam!!!!At least she stayed on her bike LOL!
It was my last morning and the big chunks of Hash I was consuming may have contributed...Whack!stani!
Hope you guys found the 2 gram chunk I left on the table at the GHU that morning...Was going to eat it but forgot....Imagine that..... :muahaha:

Take care all........................................CC

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
Yea I think thats right permission from both parties...
Plus it does not pertain to a problem but just information to share...
The nepali was so pure it would go soft at room temp and best kept cool for storage where the best rocky has no problem keeping it solid at room temp...The Nepali was soft buttery hash.....Until you look close you think it's a charas...it's just so soft for sieve...But it's pure trichs as was mentioned above and under the microscope you can't BS...
DG,
Yes you are absolutely right about the stumbling around...I just wish I could post the video of my bike crash,,,now that is classic...The video cam never touched the ground,,,but I sure did!!!Van stops right in the bike lane so I swoop around the back to meet a lady headon!!!!!Bam!!!!At least she stayed on her bike LOL!
It was my last morning and the big chunks of Hash I was consuming may have contributed...Whack!stani!
Hope you guys found the 2 gram chunk I left on the table at the GHU that morning...Was going to eat it but forgot....Imagine that..... :muahaha:

Take care all........................................CC
Dude... my first trip to the 'dam... everytime I took a step, It seemed, I'd hear the telltale 'ding ding... ding ding...' telling me I'd yet again stepped into the path of a bicyclist... I almost got hit several times...

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
I agree H3ad,
it's hard to explain to people just how many people ride bikes there...It's literally hard to comprehend....
Take care and hope to see you next year!

neuroherb

I likened the bikes to the old computer game called "frogger" where you had to dodge traffic. I saw a bike crash on Monday at the Leidsplein hope that wasn't you Capt. Had several close calls of my own as a pedestrian but the bikes seem to have a law unto there own after I checked several times I was on the proper pavement after a close call. Also saw a few tourist cyclists with amazed faces after they were given tickets for riding on the streets where the tram lanes thin to one.

B

British_Bulldog

Capt - I'm sorry to hear you had an accident, and hope you weren't too badly injured. It's true cycling in Amsterdam is a dangerous pursuit, and requires much diligence, which is made more difficult, as you found out, when heavily under the influence of high grade import hash!

B

British_Bulldog

PS. Neuroherb - crossing the street in Italy where I live is exactly like Frogger! lol

Put it this way - the cars are not required to stop at a zebra crossing, so even if you find one, you have to walk out confidently and hope they stop! lol

neuroherb

LOL Bulldog

That sounds like the traffic when I went to china & there roads have this cycle & motorbike lane at the side. The bigger the vehicle the more right of way you have. It works ok for pedestrians if you get into the middle of a big swarm, the cars only really hit those on the outside as there bumping there way through. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts