What's new

OFFICIAL "How Much Cannabis You Would Have To Consume To Die

sprinkl

Veteran
hmm, this just makes me very interested in what it would be like to consume about a pound of a really strong sativa :) (concentrated into butter or somethinglol)

hehhee maybe later :)

I think I'd fall asleep pretty fast(though it might get very weird the seconds/minutes before that), be in a haze for the next week and afterwards need atleast a half pound joint to get a buzz going :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The ld 50 in rats can be a pretty good estimate of human toxicity. For pure THC the LD50 for oral ingestion is 1270mg/kg and inhalation was 42mg/kg. So for a 160 pound power stoner he would have to load his bowl with about 3grams of pure THC[ 72.7kg * 42 mg] to have a 50% chance of offing himself. The LD50 for humans is a tough one to test without some highly dedicated volunteers. I would bet in all the rat studies the rats passed out at a significantly lower dose. In college we extracted about 1/2 gram pure thc and it only took a few mg's in the vape to get you seriously focked up. There would be no way someone could stay upright through a full gram you would be spinning hard at 500mg and in dream land by the time you made it past a gram.
HM

Uh no fucking way. FWIIW I have made brownies with 7grms of hash per pan. Even eating all 6 pans 42grmas of hash you could not die.

If one could die from eating hash or 100% THC as found in BHO someone from this community would have done it by now.

Not saying my hash is 100% THC, however I am saying there is no amount of eaten hash that will kill you.

How many drug mules die when the hash condom in their stomach breaks before the smuggle is completed? Answer ZERO.

How many mules die if the condom of H or Coke explode in their stomach? Answer: Almost 100%.

:joint:

guineapig

Veteran
Large amounts of cannabis have been known to fall out of smugglers planes....

They hit the earth with tremendous force....

The chances of a person actually being hit by one however are outrageously low....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I hear my favorite snitch is gettin out about 3 to 13 years early...HHHHMMMMMNNNN ...but i am more than willing to test any theory on that lab Rat..I know he will sign the release form..

KanadianKronik

Now I always wondered about this. Here's The answer. :tiphat:
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

(1998 - marijuana)
"3. The most obvious concern when dealing with drug safety is the possibility of lethal effects. Can the drug cause death?
"4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.
"5. This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.
"6. By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.
"7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

"8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

picture.php

highonmt

Veteran
Uh no fucking way. FWIIW I have made brownies with 7grms of hash per pan. Even eating all 6 pans 42grmas of hash you could not die.

If one could die from eating hash or 100% THC as found in BHO someone from this community would have done it by now.

Not saying my hash is 100% THC, however I am saying there is no amount of eaten hash that will kill you.

How many drug mules die when the hash condom in their stomach breaks before the smuggle is completed? Answer ZERO.

How many mules die if the condom of H or Coke explode in their stomach? Answer: Almost 100%.

Ya my point is that it aint going to happen, no one is going to die unless you had a feeding tube and an evil scientist involved. You're talking about the oral ingestion of herb and the chocolate would probably kill you before the herb lol...inhalation is faster absorbance with a higher peak blood concentation but my point is you'd be snoring long before you'd reach even mildly toxic levels. These forced rat studies are also probably slanted to get the 'correct' result and make the grant review panel happy so these jackasses can get more carrots. In 8 thousand years plus cannabis has caused 0 deaths other than by the ocassional choking I'm sure. GO ahead hydro, eat the pan full, hell eat 4 pans if you like you might ralph but you'll be fine.
HM

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I'm pretty sure passing out would occur well before a whole pan, even if puking didn't occur ;)

shmalphy

Veteran
The only way people have died from cannabis is to make BHO from it, and blow themselves up in the process, or get into a shootout with law over it.

In thousands of years of recorded use, there is not a single death attributed to cannabis consumption.

señorsloth

Veteran
psh, i don't know about you guys but my weed could kill a rat, maybe even a baby rabbit...just like half a bowl i bet...my hash could take out a pissed off cougar probably...ive never actually had to do it thank god, but should i ever get attacked by a baby rabbit that fuckers gonna die...

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has never happened so I don't think this can be answered. You could guess or go by statistics but without a control to start from it's simply a matter of conjecture.

EXAMPLE:

Remember back in school the movies we would be shown like Reefer Madness and the self help movies about drugs? Do you ever remember the story that MJ kills of brain cells and that they had documented proof to prove it?

Well they did have proof BUT like many things in life the truth get's twisted to fit a theory. The man that did the so called experiment was up for Tenure at the time it started and instead of having a control he used one monkey and instead of letting the little guy burn one chill a bit and then burn another over the course of say maybe a year or 2 he sticks his little head in a clear box and blast the little guy with 18 hours a day of MJ SMOKE. The weed sure killed some cells but the lack of oxygen killed more and seeing how that part did not fit the results they wanted they simply neglected to tell us that part. Oh and by the way, this study that our congress uses damn near ever day to show how harmful MJ was took and entire 90 days to complete. That's right 3 months of 18 hrs a day in a box breathing MJ smoke that's almost 100 days and or 180 hours of nonstop toking.

By today's standards a study done as half ass as this one would be laughed at but yet it's one of the last things they have to throw in our face as a reason that they keep it illegal for the better good.

Bottom Line:

In the history of mankind there has NEVER EVER been a single person OD on weed. For if there was trust me they would still be talking about it everyday on the news.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
It has never happened so I don't think this can be answered. You could guess or go by statistics but without a control to start from it's simply a matter of conjecture.

EXAMPLE:

Remember back in school the movies we would be shown like Reefer Madness and the self help movies about drugs? Do you ever remember the story that MJ kills of brain cells and that they had documented proof to prove it?

Well they did have proof BUT like many things in life the truth get's twisted to fit a theory. The man that did the so called experiment was up for Tenure at the time it started and instead of having a control he used one monkey and instead of letting the little guy burn one chill a bit and then burn another over the course of say maybe a year or 2 he sticks his little head in a clear box and blast the little guy with 18 hours a day of MJ SMOKE. The weed sure killed some cells but the lack of oxygen killed more and seeing how that part did not fit the results they wanted they simply neglected to tell us that part. Oh and by the way, this study that our congress uses damn near ever day to show how harmful MJ was took and entire 90 days to complete. That's right 3 months of 18 hrs a day in a box breathing MJ smoke that's almost 100 days and or 180 hours of nonstop toking.

By today's standards a study done as half ass as this one would be laughed at but yet it's one of the last things they have to throw in our face as a reason that they keep it illegal for the better good.

Bottom Line:

In the history of mankind there has NEVER EVER been a single person OD on weed. For if there was trust me they would still be talking about it everyday on the news.

My Penny
Mr.Wags
Was this on 60 minutes years ago??? I remember seein that poor( but happy) monkey on TV with my dad..dad hated longhairs,but even he admitted that was a just plain stupid test...

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was this on 60 minutes years ago??? I remember seein that poor( but happy) monkey on TV with my dad..dad hated longhairs,but even he admitted that was a just plain stupid test...

This is EXACTLY my point. The folks in office now that make the decisions were raised to think ALL long hairs are lazy and smoke pot because of it the Cheech and Chong movies and the like did nothing but cement the idea.

They have never seen the 78 year old man with sickness who shakes like a leaf then burns some bud and BLAMO he gets a spring in his step.

They have never seen the cancer patient going through chemo lay on the couch waiting to die and cannot eat burn some bud and then BLAMO gets up eats cleans the house.... you get the idea.

If you smoke pot you are lazy and a no account but yet everybody does so go figure.

Until they figure out a way to make it complicated and profitable for them it will always be that way. The tides are turning BUT those damn drug company's got BILLIONS of dollars of grease to apply to damn near every squeaky wheel on the hill and there in lies your problem.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

señorsloth

Veteran
haha yeah, personally i think big pharma is only a portion of the people hurt by legalization, i mean, hemp i think, will make an even bigger impact and will be legal right along with pot.

hemp makes stronger, softer, and more DURABLE clothing, denim that looks like denim, fancy high thread count sheets, anything cotton can be made from hemp, looking the same but will be naturally stronger. this is because cotton fibers are relatively short and hemp fibers can easily be 8 or 10 feet long. yes those hemp necklaces are made from raw hemp and doesn't resemble the processed fibers at all. the thing is cotton is a much much harder to grow crop, it uses a lot of fertilizer and wrecks the soil fast. hemp is almost the opposite, and the dense foliage combats greenhouse emissions, i figure if pot becomes legal cotton will inevitably get replaced almost completely by hemp, that effects a huge amount of people, just about everybody, our money these days is made from recycled denim, that would change if hemp jeans became the only kind available. it's just too green for people to ignore, especially when fruits are paying 200 bucks for "organic cotton" jeans that is still worse for the environment than regular hemp.

the paper and forestry industry would change completely, as hemp pulp is a byproduct of hemp cloth and would be available for dirt cheep, even though logging would still be legal all tree pulp logging would practically screech to a halt, tree pulp would be more expensive than hemp pulp, and much more expensive to process into paper that lasts less time than hemp paper, it just couldn't compete.

i think if it became legal and this whole "green" thing is still popular, it will pretty much change almost every industry out there, as hemp oil, plastics, soaps, lotions, food, ethanol...it all comes from hemp and hemp is super cheep and easy to grow, very good for the environment, once legal it would be grown far and wide, driving the price of other crops up and taking the burden off the government, who pays farmers not to farm sometimes just to keep food prices from dropping too low. it's products would be very cheep to make so corporations will embrace it and consumers will demand it once word gets out about how "green" hemp really is. hemp will somehow effect every major industry out there, a lot of people have a lot of money they can lose if its made legal.

in the end though they are just bumps in the road, the TRUE battle lies in the people, to make weed legal we need to convince the MAJORITY of america, the non smokers, most of them never having tried it, spending their entire lives buying into the propaganda, the sheep, we have to BEG them, to let us smoke our pot! it's not great, but thats what it comes down too!

when only 25% of America wants pot legal the government basically can't just make it legal, the entire country would be in an uproar, and demand it be repealed. the battle lies in slowly turning those sheep to our side, even with 50% or more it would cause a huge uproar, as it undoubtedly will in California this upcoming year. once we start to get the clear majority in public poles, it will be possible to make major sweeping changes in cannabis law, but until we convince the non smokers to let us smoke it will never happen.

walking around in dreads and smelly clothes protesting, being mad at the establishment, smoking in public areas...constantly pushing the cheech and chong culture of burnouts and lazy willy nelsons hurts us a lot! basically the things we do everyday do more harm for our cause than good, the white rasta in the poncho with the sign at city hall disgusts the average soccer mom, he doesn't compel her to his cause. the fact that the young non smoker cant take his daughter to a single park in this country that doesn't have "420" and "legalize it" written on every slide and stair...without having to chase stoners out of the tube sections so his daughter can even get to the graffiti strewn slides. it doesn't make us look good, not at all.

as smokers we all need to put a better foot forward, if we want to help the movement, it's not the governments fault, being mad at them for enforcing laws that the majority of people like doesn't help. we need to act more professional, to squash the misconceptions that potheads all live in their parents basements, and don't shower or work, that pot is a drug that turns people into lazy, smelly fools. we need to disconnect the plant from a large portion of pot culture, the portion that is basically holding us back and keeping us from getting mainstream support.

so i guess to sum up all of this blathering, legalization is not about the government, it's not about petitioning them or protesting their ways, the government makes laws based on what the majority of people want. we need to stop acting so mad at the government and concentrate on turning the general public, since they are who we really need to make it legal. if we had true 65-75% support for legalization the government couldn't, and wouldn't keep it illegal. but we can literally protest for a thousand years, if we don't convince non smokers to let us smoke, and get the majority of the population to support our lifestyle it can't happen EVER! and we aren't going to make pot mainstream without making pot smokers mainstream. we need to fight the stereotypes! WE NEED TO PUT AN IMAGE FORWARD THAT MAINSTREAM, NON-SMOKING "SOCCER MOMS" CAN SUPPORT AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT DOING IT!

highonmt

Veteran
'the government makes laws based on what the majority of people want. we need to stop acting so mad at the government '

I gotta call bs on the above statement, the government makes laws based mainly on the wishes of paid lobbyists and influence peddlers, the people be damned...There is a buttload of problems with our system as recreated in the modern era. Hugely unpopular policy is written and passed almost daily. I do agree that we the people need to take back control but that ain't the case now and likely won't be without some defining event. I am really begining to think we made a mistake taking the medical benifits approach to legalization merck, lilly, monsanto and the lot have limitless resources and their greatest fear is a free agri-medicine that works. They will all fight toothe and nail to discredit and/or control cannabis just like they did when the original legislation passed. I am a proponent of legilization and taxation and control just like ethanol, and tobacco

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well I guess i'm safe this New Years eve. I am probably gunna smoke 1/8 of an oz tonight. Thank goodness I don't have 1500 pounds to smoke in the next 15 minutes. I MIGHT DIE!!!!! This flower is soooooooo misunderstood .

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
we all know you cant die from weed. what about a person with a heart condition smoking and having a panic attack, resulting in heart attack? could this happen?

we all know you cant die from weed. what about a person with a heart condition smoking and having a panic attack, resulting in heart attack? could this happen?

Sure, you can die from weed, just not due to toxicity. Crash your car, smoke weed with glass shavings or other poisons, reaction from mold allergies, have a stroke or heart attack due to elevated heart rate... anything is possible but not because of thc or any component in natural marijuana. Smoke from anything can cause complications and distress on heart and lungs, but most people don't smoke 20-40 grams (1-2 packs of cigs) per day, so in that way it is a far smaller risk than cigarettes. As has been said though, you absolutely can't consume enough to be toxic without some serious effort and scientific trickery. If you want to see the information on the monkey death thing you can google and easily find a youtube video with Joe Rogan that is an excerpt from one of the pro-MJ documentaries and it lays all of that out.