What's new

OFFICIAL "How Much Cannabis You Would Have To Consume To Die

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Mushrooms are pretty safe, too. If you seriously sat down and tried to kill yourself with psilocybin mushrooms, you'd forget how to chew before you got anywhere close. Your ego would die, no question. Your psyche might sustain some damage. But your body would be fine.

Greenheart

Veteran
"The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity."

" At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000."

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

" For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I recall a man died from suffocation after swallowing a bag of weed while being chased by the police around a year ago.

R

rick shaw

How much cannabis you would have to consume to die

How much cannabis you would have to consume to die

Well...if you take my last cookie :spanky: it'll be fatal.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I can't remember where I saw it but they had a guy talking about how much cannabis it would take to kill a lab rat.

He said about 20 lbs....dropped on the rat from 10 feet ought to do it.
Oh yeah.
That's going on a T-Shirt.
You got that copyrighted? 'Cause now it is 'prior art', and ain't nobody able to lay claim to it, just like Mary.
:blowbubbles:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
posted by lost in a sea
i wish i had a slab of black moroccan hash big enough to kill a man but i dont, dont have anyone to kill either
why would you waste that on someone else ??? but i'd try suicide that way :)
or should i say .... Kill me PLEASE !!!!! :)

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Hey ,lets stop this talk. We all know the legal stuff is better for you ,alcohol,big pharm pills,ciggs, what are ya tryin to say???You all know that weed is way worse for you, If you smoke it it you will die,the other stuff is good for ya. Just kiddin. I was just givin my opinion.If weed kills,I should have been dead YEARS ago. Much respect to all.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay dont forget that when we water our Skunk plants with THC infused water it makes a deadly strain :)

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I can't remember where I saw it but they had a guy talking about how much cannabis it would take to kill a lab rat.

He said about 20 lbs....dropped on the rat from 10 feet ought to do it.
I always said the only way Cannabis is going to kill you is if someone smashes your head in with a kilo of 2 year old stale rock hard hash

i think they said that there actually is a way..you would have to asphyxiate yourself with smoke...like smoke a 7 pound joint in a coffin or something.

^^^ that is hilarious...
a good way to go out, mind you.
When the world gets over-run by zombies I know what Im doing...

highonmt

Veteran
The ld 50 in rats can be a pretty good estimate of human toxicity. For pure THC the LD50 for oral ingestion is 1270mg/kg and inhalation was 42mg/kg. So for a 160 pound power stoner he would have to load his bowl with about 3grams of pure THC[ 72.7kg * 42 mg] to have a 50% chance of offing himself. The LD50 for humans is a tough one to test without some highly dedicated volunteers. I would bet in all the rat studies the rats passed out at a significantly lower dose. In college we extracted about 1/2 gram pure thc and it only took a few mg's in the vape to get you seriously focked up. There would be no way someone could stay upright through a full gram you would be spinning hard at 500mg and in dream land by the time you made it past a gram.
HM