What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 1 Quart Hydro Grow

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Wow Hydro, that is cool! Nice roots. I'm sure you will pull an ounce easily. I can't wait!

What light is it under?

You can get a battery powered air pump if the power goes out, if it's worth it to you.

Take care.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Thanks heady, It is under a 60 watt CFL.

but in another week or so I will be putting her under the 400w hps.

That battery powered pump sounds like a good idea, as I have a bigger bubbler with
a strawberry diesel in it and she is a monster.
I will post a link to that thread in a min, I will edit this post.

(http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62176)

The last picture is a week old I think, not sure I will put a freash one up in that thread tomorow.

Stay safe and high.
.......HYDRO........

Last edited:
G

hows it coming hydro? i have been watching this one from the shadows and i really like your results with that little swc. keep going on this one.

andif everything goes right i hope to be joining in on this contest soon...THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD!

hydroclops

Veteran
Very cool, I thought it lost interest.

I will take a picture tomorow, I started 12/12 last night and she is looking real nice, except for a few spots with nute burn but not to bad.

She has been flushed and is getting back to normal.

G

sounds good man, i just threw some of my seeds from my last run, im calling them "Slurple" hopefully the one in the swc is a fem but even if it isnt pollen is ok with me :D

hydroclops

Veteran
Ok here we go, last night was the 2 night of 12/12.

She is comming along real nice.
Come on people lets see some mcGyvers out there and show your stuff.

G

its coming hydro, im just letting the dust settle from a recent security scare, its started but they are remaining off the net for a few more days

hydroclops

Veteran
Ok she is looking better and better, tonight I will post some updated pictures.

Teh_Baker

DAMN Hydrofome, that shit is looking bomb as hell. You're gonna be real happy with that plant when it is finished. Keep it going man. Great job.

Teh_Baker

J

JackKerouac

I can't contribute to the quart grows, but THIS thread was inspirational. It was Lowryder in a quart jar.

933218march2007_2_.JPG

9332DSCF0146.JPG

hydroclops

Veteran
I hope mine looks that good.

Dam dude, thats a real nice baby you have there.(oopps reread the post )

Thanks for the post, now I have something to look foward to.

Stay safe and high.
........HYDRO.........

Last edited:
G

looking good hydro, is there still ample room for roots and water in there?? my concern with mine is i dont want her to run out of water between top ups if the roots are displacing so much water in the quart res.

hydroclops

Veteran
So far it is about 1/3 full with the roots.

Soon I will have to check her 1 or 2 times aday as it gets longer in to the flowering stage.
towards the end I might have to rig up a wick or some other type of self watering
system.

Another problem is it is still under a cfl,
my flower room is cramed with a strawberry diesel that is so big in the space that I have that I can not put my afghani quart in there for at least 3 more weeks.

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey Hydro buddy looking great!

I am starting to look at this DWC stuff and consider it as I go through my coco grow.

Bonsai is also considering it and I am waiting to see how it works for him.

The coco is great and I love soil, but it is heavy and cumbersome and I could see it becoming a pain in the ass. A rubbermaid DWC with two large pots sounds like a great alternative, provided I could do it all organic, which I think I can. I use BioBizz and I think it is fine for DWC.

It would be way easier to deal with some water, rather than 50+ litres of soil per tub.

Hmmmmm....gonna need to do some more reading.

Perhaps you could briefly outline some pros and cons? Thanks bud.

BG and I were brainstorming for a failsafe system to run the bubbler off batteries (or run a battery powered pump), in case of power outage in your absence.

A relay, connected so that it stays open when there is mains power, and closes when the power goes out, completes the battery circuit for the pump and turns it on, should work fine. All you need is a 2 pole relay that runs on 120V, and you rig the battery pump so that the battery circuit runs through the relay, and the 120V holds open the contacts till the power goes out.

If you used a 12V pump (like fishing boats use for livewelll/baitwell) you can then use a large sealed or car battery that would run that pump for days.

Hmmmmm............

Take care buddy and nice work so far.

hydroclops

Veteran
Thanks Heady.

As far as the pro's and cons, I know there will be some flaming but what the heck.

The only thing I see as differant is the speed in veg,
1 to 2 weeks of veg in dwc is like 4 to 5 weeks in soil.
as far as flowering that is still the same amount of time can't change that.

Other than getting more harvests being in doors, and the size they get in hydro, because they grow so fast, I see no differance.

That being said I have smoked hydro and soil grown weed, and each has tasted and performed like shit and visa versa.

it's all about the attention and love you show the plant,
so both will give you great smoke.
and in hydro it shows you what you are doing wrong faster than in soil, and also you can correct it faster.

Now that you mention the bait bucket I will go and check out basspro.com as they probubly have it already setup.
As you said all you need to do is hookup a switch of some kind that will kick in the battery bubbler.
Will check back after I see what basspro has.

(Edit) Here it is.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...r=52836&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Stay safe and high
.........HYDRO.........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts