What's new

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

PCBuds

I left the globes on the sidelights because I didn't want the leaves touching the circuits of the bulbs and I wanted more diffuse lighting from the sides.

I've got five 10 Watt SILs with the globes removed hanging from the ceiling.

igrowone

Veteran
just saw some really interesting led sils in walmart
clear glass sils, 100w replacements too
kind of look bad assed
pretty new i think

Hookahhead

just saw some really interesting led sils in walmart
clear glass sils, 100w replacements too
kind of look bad assed
pretty new i think

These “Edison” type? I’ve seen a lot of restaurants using them for a more “vintage” look. They don’t seem anywhere near as bright.

s-l1000.jpg

indagroove

Veteran
I buy a similar type to replace incandescent lamps in my Manhasset music stand lights.

BPT1040_950CA_bulb.jpg

I have around 25 of these lights and it's easier to replace the old bulbs with these leds than buy the new led version of their stand light for $90.

71lorVeoDgL._SY550_.jpg

91IUWk6rZ9L._SX425_.jpg

So no pics flowering under cheap SILs? You have only used SILs for veg, not flower? You only like cheap SILs because you don't have much money or what? $40 for a CFL? :dunno:

No offense, but perhaps it would behoove you to actually read some of the posts before you spout off.

i have thick skin, but some places would consider your post an insult and a personal attack.

You've really offered nothing substantive in this thread other than petty bickering.

I own more damn lights than I have room for. Good grief- read the damn posts.

The SILS let me set up 3 brand new veg/clone areas for 1/3 the cost of other lights.

Now go crap in a different thread. :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
settle down now lads - agree to disagree - lets not have any malice aforethought within the thread -

FRANKENBUDS

settle down now lads - agree to disagree - lets not have any malice aforethought within the thread -

Hear, hear.

This is probably the thread I have spent the most time in so far. Solid stuff here! I have been nothing but impressed with the pictures and hard earned information you guys throw around in here.

Keep it coming!:tiphat:

indagroove

Veteran
No offense, but perhaps it would behoove you to actually read some of the posts before you spout off.

i have thick skin, but some places would consider your post an insult and a personal attack.

You've really offered nothing substantive in this thread other than petty bickering.

I own more damn lights than I have room for. Good grief- read the damn posts.

The SILS let me set up 3 brand new veg/clone areas for 1/3 the cost of other lights.

Now go crap in a different thread. :tiphat:

LOL, yeah some people get offended when you ask for pics I guess.

FRANKENBUDS

Im too slow to even understand the offense... but I also havent been here for most of the thread. All i know is..... well.... I mean.... crap. What was it again??

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Current cycle, 3 BG , 2 GG#4, 1 Tangelo Organic soil sitting on perlite wicking beds. I’m thinking I’ll keep it all 5000k this time. Seems to me like that spectrum grows healthier more quality looking flowers.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts