What's new

oder control prefences

S

sm0k4

When it comes to odor control, the size of the room determines the method. If you have a small cabinet or tent, you could get away with activated carbon and a DIY refillable filter.
Trips to the aquatic store to buy activated carbon pellets is easy, no?

For large setups you need to spend the money on proper filters. DIY is do-able, but its a cost effective issue at this point. I'm only experienced in eliminating odor from a cabinet no bigger than 3'x2'. A DIY filter has suited this application fine IMO. There is a sticky in the Construction forum on a few filters to build.

David762

The carbon filter is a good idea.

The carbon filter is a good idea.

yeah i plan to get the carbon filter just not sure what else is rlly outh there that can control it or something to help the smell till i get the money for the scubber. ona is what i got now im hoping by the end of the week i should be able to pick up one.

any advice on a vacum fan or are they pretty much all the same??

The carbon filter is a good idea. Most good ones have a maximum CFM rating, so you could select a fan that provides 1/2 to 2/3 the filter's rated maximum for it remain effective. You could buy a more powerful fan, along with a separate speed controller to slow the fan speed (CFM) down. That would give you "room to grow".

But it would be better to spend the extra cash on an alternative redundant odor control method as a backup instead of over-buying carbon filter|fan capacity, such as the Ona gel & Ona bucket fan. I would use the Ona setup connected to a backup UPS through a timer, just in case you loose electrical power for some reason. Wire the UPS audible alarm to flip an SCR & relay that energizes the Ona setup.

Those plants will stink whether the lights are on or not, and the odor could get you in trouble. Better safe than sorry, and the Ona setup sans UPS would cost less than $100 retail, and will last a long time -- cheap insurance IMHO.

goldenahms

David762,, can we see a set up of your Ona set up?

I use separate scrubbers for my small veg and flower set up, and also implement ona blocks. Which gets expensive. I'm looking into Ona gel, so I've been researching different applications with the gel.