What's new

oder control prefences

im on my first grow and i plan to start flowering here soon i have mult. plants in veg andi was wondering what people thinks the best way to control the smell im only going to be flowering about 4 plants at a time.

ive heard the scubber and a vacum fan is the best way to control the oder. so if anyone has any tips or what you think i should get to control the oder.

MediRI88

get your self a couple sticks deodorant and use them daily ! no but for real if your only doing 4 pants a $400 scrubber and blower arnt really worth it but if you got the money thats the best way and the safest to way to remain undetected but if you cant afford it and your looking for a cheaper way Ozium works great but you needs to be sprayed about every 2 hours..but they have automatic sprayer that are about 45$ and ozium can is anywhere from $8 to $22 all differnt cans they spray differntly too .... but glad plugin around your home are key for having guest over and not Having a CLue of what you do ! hope this helpd sorry for the typos im too lazy

is the ozium sold only online?? and i found a small 4 in vacum fan and a carbor filter one with the pineapple charcal or what ever for about 180. so i feel that would be the smartest only cause i rather be over protective about the smell then under protective and get myself caught. i purchased a few small cans of ona and i mean it works but it defineitely dose not take the smell away. i have a train wreck plant anda sour desal cheese under the flower for my first grow and its anout week in ahalf in flower and its starting to get a little smelly in there.

Same here, I'm growing four plants at a time and I haven't got the space, set-up or money to accommodate carbon filtering.

Up to now I've been using Ona blocks. I used one at the start of vegging when the plant wasn't particularly smelly (The smell of freshly pre-mixed soil under lights is smelly). The first one really started to lose it's strength last week, I'm six weeks into flowering.
I've replaced it with a fresh ona block now and the smell is gone again, they're only about $8 dollars each and they get the job done for small grows if you've no other option.

The plants I'm growing are the Skunk #1 and I have a northern lights autoflower dwarf that's a week or so from harvest. Weirdly enough I've started to really enjoy the smell when I take the block out. I thought it would be a horrible, damp, weedy plant smell (this is my first grow) but it turned out to be a nice sweet/spicey herb smell which I love. I would honestly have the smell there all the time if it didn't raise eyebrows :biglaugh:

Seriously though, Ona blocks work for my small grow and are really cheap off ebay, that's my two cents.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Put it this way, how much is your freedom worth?

A carbon filter and fan is a cheap way to stay out of jail, avoid getting ripped off or evicted. Avoid Cheese and Skunk crosses as they tend to be the worst, but there is nothing that can compete with a proper carbon filter, trust me on this.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Put it this way, how much is your freedom worth?

Hallelujah! Sing me the truth, my brother!

You don't need the largest filter known to man. You can go with smaller or DIY models that may require refilling more often but will fit your grow.

Seriously, if space is the issue, lose a plant or two. Now you have space. Smelling is worse than telling. Smelling is advertising. Smelling is begging for trouble.

yeah i plan to get the carbon filter just not sure what else is rlly outh there that can control it or something to help the smell till i get the money for the scubber. ona is what i got now im hoping by the end of the week i should be able to pick up one.

any advice on a vacum fan or are they pretty much all the same??

space is not the problem just the clones i could get my hands on happend to be sour desial cheese and dumpster which to me seem to be pretty damn stinky. i also have a trainwreck but its smell is no where near as noticible or stroge at the other two plants in the room.

G

guest456mpy

I had just one Chemdog and my neighbors let me know they could smell it 3 floors down from me. That was with a CAN 2600 and 4"CAN FAN. I have since upgraded!

Never underestimate the power of any chemdog related (ie sour diesel) ability to stink up the place beyond your anticipations. I am just plain lucky I had cool neighbors who clued me in, because your sense of smell gets used to it's usual odors and I hadn't noticed it!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
A carbon filter and fan is a cheap way to stay out of jail, avoid getting ripped off or evicted. Avoid Cheese and Skunk crosses as they tend to be the worst, but there is nothing that can compete with a proper carbon filter, trust me on this.

Listen to this. :yeahthats

Except for the AVOID part... ;)

i plan to spend atleasy 200 on the fan and scubber. i already got a intake fan or a squirrel cage fan so all i need is the scubber.

haha thanks a lot and i plan to be get a nice one atleast spend 200 on the filter and fan. i already have a cage fan to bring air in so all i need is the carbon filter now.

B

blueberry dank

What are the best brands of carbon filters??Can Filters?...any good ones to buy?...pleae help guys!!....what are good brands?

Does it even matter??!! Thanks and rep in advance!!!