What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ODB and NOW N FRUITTI

Cantharellus

I usually grow all my plants small the first time around so I can check for hanging balls easily by just holding the plant up and looking up into it. Then I look the tops over. This one was a pain to reach and somehow I missed it. It may be hard to see but it's what left of a male flower after it let its load fly. This is day 30 so this flower should have been visible for at least a week. I looked the plant over closer and there are a few more very tiny ones down low that are just coming out.
NOW N FRUTTI 3
20240118_120045.jpg
20240118_115812.jpg

20240118_120229.jpg

This was definitely not a keeper with these weird flowers anyway but it still a bummer. I triple checked the others and no sign of this .

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
It looks like it was on the bottom part of the plant where the light might not reach perfectly so it's not surprising to see some male flowers here,it happens on a huge % of genetics today. I hope it did not create too much seeds.
I like the look of the flowers this plant have, I love big calyxes:LOL:

Cantharellus

No it was the second bud from the top. If I find male flowers its usually low and at the flower base. Sometimes its mixed right in with the flowers in the bud and that is the case here. Those can be hard to spot. I like the big calyx also. Some of these had zero stretch and smallish buds which could end up being rock hard and this was one of them. I am not really interested in plants with no stretch.

kro-magnon

Veteran
No it was the second bud from the top. If I find male flowers its usually low and at the flower base. Sometimes its mixed right in with the flowers in the bud and that is the case here. Those can be hard to spot. I like the big calyx also. Some of these had zero stretch and smallish buds which could end up being rock hard and this was one of them. I am not really interested in plants with no stretch.
I feel you, there is some sneaky male flowers who know how to hide. I hate when they are squished between the stem and a flower, it's impossible to find them but at least the pollen can't go too far.
No stretch and herm flowers disqualify her as a keeper that's sure.
Good luck with the end of your run.

Cantharellus

Back to the good stuff. ODB1 chop 59 days. Could have went another week maybe 2 but it was getting a little crispy. Pot was a little small and it wanted more than my normal mix had to offer I think. Definitely gets a 2nd run
20240119_095625.jpg
20240119_095400.png
20240119_095604.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
The ODB#2 flowers are beautiful and it looks like it's a decent yielder but surprised it's not the more loud smelling,the Now N Frutti must have some very special genes(there is some Headbanger in the mix)
What is the lineage of the mother NowN Then?

Cantharellus

Zkittlez x Abula

Hybrid

Unleash a burst of joy with Now N' Laterz, a hybrid that captivates the senses with its sweet and fruity aroma, reminiscent of the popular candy. Like the candy it's named after, Now N' Laterz has a distinctly sweet profile. It also carries hints of spice.

Adorned with a rainbow of colors and a generous coat of trichomes, the buds are a delight to examine – it’s almost a shame to smoke them! (Almost.) As a creeper strain, this one tends to have a slow onset that’s well worth the wait. Users also report that it’s helpful for alleviating both pain and fatigue.

This description came from a company called sunmed out of maryland. Looks like they sell it in dispensaries on the east coast U.S .

Di frutti

Di Frutti is a cross between Strawberry Guava and the notorious Headbanger.
Typically providing phenotypes with an array of fruity notes ranging from strawberry, papaya to banana lime gas with some creamyniss on the background.

The descriptions fit the plants so far. Very candy like smells and taste.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I can not see any Z genes in Now N Later myself, would never say that when growing it, ore in the offspring when crossed.

Thats why i doubt that info myself.

It does have a candy type smell, like a powderd type candy and spice.

kro-magnon

Veteran
So it's another mysterious cut with unknown parents, it must be high quality if you used it to make a few crosses. i'd like to know what it is made of but it's certainly impossible to know for sure.

Cantharellus

Have never grown or smoked anything z so I have no idea. I have grown headbanger. I mostly have stayed away from fruity flavors because so many of them are lacking in potency. That info I posted was about all I could track down on the origins of Now N Later.

Cantharellus

NOW N FRUTTI 2
20240203_160851.jpg

20240203_160901.jpg

ODB 3
20240203_161259.jpg

20240203_161304.jpg

ODB4
20240203_161130.jpg

20240203_161144.jpg

Both of these odb smell like cream cheese but not real strong. Out of 4 females no two were alike structure wise. Out of 3 now n frutti one was tall and lanky and two were short. The tall one smelled the best. A friend described it as fruit loops.

Cantharellus

This is the end of now n frutti 2. These odd budded plants would probably be great extract or rosin candidates. I am not into that though so i dont really know. I kept now n frutti 1 and will run it again. Started 3 more.
20240209_071919.jpg
20240209_071927.jpg
20240209_071935.jpg

Cantharellus

Now. Frutti 1 second week flower.
20240311_074407.jpg

Odb2 second week flower
20240311_074419.jpg

These were the 2 best plants so far. The now n frutti stretches a little too much and with the huge internode spacing I am afraid the yield will not be there. We will see.

Latest posts

Latest posts