What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yea man, I wanna know where all that money is going. I am all for this shit, but honestly, I have been to the WTC site like five times this month for school, and like the conditions down there are pretty fucking disgusting. I hate dirty hippies.

aod

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
I wish i could download a sarcasm font. Never seems to work for me.

aod

I

Iron_Lion

Well I found the anser to my previous question in this mornings headlines "100's of nazi's in riot gear descended on Zucotti Park, 70 arrests made"

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
ok boys, let's clean up this shit

picture.php

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
9748940c-930b-486b-99bb-e4954cc00bdc.jpg

Occupy Movement News Update of the Day: Scott Olsen, the 24-year-old Iraq War vet who was critically injured after being hit in the head by a police projectile during the October 25th raid on Occupy Oakland, has been released from the hospital.

Though he still suffers from a speech impediment, friends say he is “present, alert, and has a lot of energy.” Scott himself posted an update on Google+ yesterday to inform his supporters that he is feeling a lot better, but still has a ways to go before full recuperation.

“After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I’ve got a lot of work to do with rehab,” Scott wrote in his post. “Thank you for all your support, it has meant the world to me. You’ll be hearing more from me in the near future and soon enough we’ll see you in our streets!”

Meanwhile, the world Scott reenters is not much changed from the one he left behind three weeks ago. Oakland PD officially dismantled the Occupy Oakland tent city at Frank Ogawa Plaza in an early morning raid that saw 32 people arrested.

Unlike in previous raids, no injuries or clashes were reported, and many protesters, aware the eviction was imminent, packed up their belongings before the police arrived.

The fallout, however, was quick to come: Mayor Jean Quan’s legal adviser, Dan Siegel, announced his resignation on Facebook this morning, citing the raid and his support of Occupy Oakland, “not the 1% and its government facilitators.”

A smaller encampment at Snow Park remains in place for the time being.

Crackdowns on Occupy camps were a common sight over the weekend, as police dismantled month-old tent cities in Portland, Denver, St. Louis, and Salt Lake City.

Some 100 people were arrested in all.

[image: scottolsen.]

I

In~Plain~Site

Time to shit or get off the pot,imagine that...they seemed so organized too.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
some folks minds are just polar...

is gold rigged to an extent? yup.
is that extent as far as current credit based fiat? nope

nuance is difficult for partisans.

G

grozzef

how would you define freeloader? how about anyone who has inherited money, or maybe even someone who doesn't produce a product nor a service for what they do? damn hippies are the worst though, such a drain on the system..

G

greenmatter

a freeloader has a sense of entitlement, they feel they deserve something for nothing and are vocal about how unfair things are even if they have not done a thing to help anyone but themselves. they are under the impression that there are things that are free.

nothing, nothing, nothing is free! never was and never will be! just because it is handed to you does not mean someone did not earn it, or that you won't have to later down the road.

i am all for helping someone out who is trying to get on their feet, but if you expect me to smile while i have to work for what you think you deserve ....... think again

and before anyone gets their panties all twisted ..... that is only a definition according to greenmatter. it is not directed at anybody

I

In~Plain~Site

That's fairly spot on, there isn't much ambiguity in the definition.It's pretty specific.

Grendelkhan

I find it interest that while they are kicking out all the protesters, that Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac have handed out 100 million in bonuses. Yet I see tons of people talking shit about the OWS protesters. They have a right and a reason to be out in these parks. They need to be a pain in the ass other wise people will forget and just move on to the next thing that happens in the New cycle. Perhaps instead they should head down wall street, find some heads of the big corps and cut some heads off. However that wouldn't help anything but I know that I would feel alot better.

I

In~Plain~Site

How about they head to the Rose Garden, where they should have been from the beginning.

I couldn't agree more on Fan/Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts