What's new

Obama's taking questions on Facebook & answering them on 4/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
It's odd that many issues in this country are divided down the middle anymore.

Is it the two party thing? North vs South thing? Urban vs Rural?

Why does it seem like every vote is fifty fifty?

Is it just me??

It's all due to lies, I say. Lies, lies and more lies.:) Johnny Lydon was prophetic. Apparently, the fish rots from the head...

James B. Stewart, 'Tangled Webs': How American Society Is Drowning In Lies

First Posted: 04/19/11 12:27 PM ET Updated: 04/19/11 12:27 PM ET

James B. Stewart made an appearance on the Today show this morning talking about the most famous cases of perjury that he's written about in his new book "Tangled Webs: How American Society Is Drowning In Lies."

What "Tangled Webs" examines is people at the pinnacle of their professions--Martha Stewart, Barry Bonds, Scooter Libby, people from Wall Street right up to the White House--"brazenly lying." They're role models, and their behavior trickles down to society.

"Why do they lie," asks Stewart? "Because they think they can get away with it."

Stewart makes the case that the judicial system is breaking down when oaths mean nothing and prosecutors are examining people for their skill at lying, instead of whether or not they are lying.

Stewart says Marion Jones was considered the best liar of the bunch, including Bernie Madoff, Barry Bonds and Martha Stewart.

While James Stewart says there are no statistics showing an increase of lying, he feels it's an epidemic, happening at the highest levels and that as a society we've become too tolerant of lying in our homes and in the world. When you take an oath, you must tell the truth: "Our justice system depends on it."

Watch the interview below and read an excerpt of the book here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/james-b-stewart-tangled_n_851004.html

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
That part is most surprising. I would think that blacks would be more supportive than whites. I would think that more blacks smoke than whites, on a percentage basis, certainly young blacks. I wonder if they just didn't participate in the poll as much, maybe because of more distrust of government and pollsters? Or maybe older blacks see it as just another part of the drug problems in their neighborhoods? It's all very surprising to me. What about Hispanics? I also thought that they used more than whites.

Very surprising. Especially when ethnic minorities are locked up in disparate proportions.

IMO polls are best when (demographically and mathematically) scientific, objective and ethical. That's lots of space to maneuver when people are marketing their interests.

Not trying to diss this poll. Hell, I never really know when polls are worth the rag their printed on. :biglaugh:

I recon some are better than others.

G

Growdsix

Barack Obama admits to inhaling

* Posted on 11.26.07
quote from2007....

In one of Barack Obama recent town hall meetings he was questioned about how previous candidates have responded to the ‘have you smoked marijuana’ question. Here is how Obama responded.

unquote..
Actual news footage of Barack Obama admiting that he smoked pot. When asked if he inhaled, he said "frequently... that was the point." Also news clips of Bill Clinton, John Edwards and other Democrats admitting they smoked marijuana. News clip video footage smoke legalize marijuana medical 2008 election John McCain Barack Obama Hillary unquote..

well..now ya know..big money controls almost everything..everyone and everyplace.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Just checked Face Book. Most of the posts are about cannabis.In second place? online poker playing. Seems like people have recreational vices on their minds more than anything else.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I thought of that too.
Well, he's sinking in the polls.
Maybe he is looking for the stoner vote, and is going to throw us a bone.
Nah....don't think so...

I wish I could remember exactly, but I read a thing a while back...might have been on here, that explained the Politics and Diplomacy that a President has to adhere to, in order to get things done-- It was a pretty good outline of "if" he were to support Legalization, how those steps would proceed--
Keep in mind, I am not an Obama supporter, nor do I believe any of what he says--
Other than concerning Legalization..I am not really Political at all--
:tiphat:

budlover123

The said fact is, if he answered the way we would want him too, that would be enough to destroy his reelection campaign. This issue is bigger than one man, it's up to us to promote positive ideas of marijuana use and users, even if it's just to your parents and the people who disapprove of you smoking in your life.

Why would a positive answer about weed hurt him so badly? While many American's know weed is good, and many more will laugh at jokes about marijuana, most American's still have the fear and believe the lies about marijuana... it's their training.

"ignore their patronizing, tear off their blindfolds, open their eyes" -Bjork

igrowone

Veteran
The said fact is, if he answered the way we would want him too, that would be enough to destroy his reelection campaign. This issue is bigger than one man, it's up to us to promote positive ideas of marijuana use and users, even if it's just to your parents and the people who disapprove of you smoking in your life.

Why would a positive answer about weed hurt him so badly? While many American's know weed is good, and many more will laugh at jokes about marijuana, most American's still have the fear and believe the lies about marijuana... it's their training.

"ignore their patronizing, tear off their blindfolds, open their eyes" -Bjork

i think this nails the situation pretty accurately
if you ask Obama, 'why can't we legalize MJ?', you know the result
question will be laughed at, twisted, no progress
you have to think like his handlers think
pose the issue in the right way(which we're still working on), and you may get a thin wedge in the wall - maybe

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's the reason I wanted to point out that the Feds already hand out cannabis and Pharma has THC synthetics while it remains Schedule 1... it's kind of hard to not look like a hypocrite answering that one.

G

greenmatter

Just checked Face Book. Most of the posts are about cannabis.In second place? online poker playing. Seems like people have recreational vices on their minds more than anything else.

people look at the little issues because the big ones are to hard to get your mind around.

don't want to be a buzz kill but even if they were able to legalize overnight and let all the people out of the cages that they should never have been put in america would still have a problem or two(hundred). to be honest if i actually got to ask a president a question(that he really would answer) i am not sure if anything about weed would be in my top 5

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all due to lies, I say. Lies, lies and more lies.:) Johnny Lydon was prophetic. Apparently, the fish rots from the head...

I found this on ZeroHedge. Good summation of how I feel about the issue. Not sure if it's fixable at the moment.

I would ask Obama, Will hoping for change fix this?
The U.S. is just a third world kleptocracy on an Imperial scale. That is of course a road to ruin: let the Elite plunder at will, protected by the Imperial Central State, tax the productive class to fund the armed forces and free bread, and then buy off the lower class with bread and circuses. The only successful model of reconciliation and justice we have is the "truth commissions" in other post-oppression autocratic kleptocracies. In countries that were deeply divided and poisoned by institutionalized injustice and exploitation, the healing process requires a public, transparent "truth commission" in which the guilty are brought forth to confess their sins against the innocent and face the consequences of their actions. If a society cannot rouse itself to cleanse the fundamental injustice at the heart of its institutions, then it is effectively choosing self-destruction. So far, the U.S. is pursuing the Roman Imperial model with an institutional zeal unmatched since Rome's fall. Embedded institutional injustice has a price, a price which rises with every passing day of propaganda and prevarication. Some day the bill will come due and a terrible price paid in full. For those in power, the only concern is that it not be today or tomorrow.
YES WE CAN!!! :tiphat:

Honkytonk

Dude, the president uses Facebook! That company must be important.
Better save some cash to buy Facebook shares at its IPO next year.
It's worth $50bn!!!111!!11eleven

LMAO!
Publicity scam... It's not about your questions... It's about raising interest in FB shares...

roflcopter.gif

igrowone

Veteran
internet questioning is a politician's dream, they're not on the spot, got weasels that work for them that do the grunt work
some bland answer will follow, if question doesn't have a useful answer(to them), just gets ignored
it's the press conferences, town hall meetings and the like where there is a minimal chance of slipping one in
mine would be 'do you favor increased federal taxation of state MMJ sales?'
saying no is government heresy, almost an endorsement of state MMJ, taxes could restrain that vice
say yes, and it's another can of worms, they'd be endorsing state MMJ(in a sense), becoming mainstream, accepted
you need questions with no good answers, get the squirm factor going

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

LMAO. Love it! You aren't suggesting he's just a puppet for corporate interests are you? How brazen!! Yet profoundly astute.

Unfortunately my peasant ass will have to get behind Goldman Sachs to get into the FaceBook IPO. Institutional investors will gobble it all up when it happens. Maybe I can get some crumbs when it's tripled in price and Goldman Sachs sells into the hordes of plebes buying once it's available.

:tiphat:

Honkytonk

Well, there're lotsa ways to take questions from the interwebbed citizens.
Why Facebook... exclusively? Who benefits from that?
Pretty obvious answer...
Hype FB above $65bn or so before IPO is the goal.
A pseudo endorsement by the president... Nice start.
And BHO's minions even think he cares... LOL!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I just read that the White House staffers are the ones who will be handpicking... there is no voting for any questions over others.

That way no legalization question will get through... I don't think there aren't important issues, I just think it's hilarious they ask the FB crowd and will disallow any legalization questions because they're usually outranking any other (as long as democracy prevails).

His administration doesn't seem to have any scruples about being this "in your face" about not giving a damn about what we taxpayers want.

Pretty simple folks!

Obama is CIA
Facebook is CIA

The internet is a massive intelligence gathering tool for intelligence agencies.

Maybe you all should send your diaries to Obama instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts