What's new

Obama: Don't bother me anymore.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
There is no reason for you to put blame on someone who has yet to be in a position to make a difference. You are bitching because he has not addressed the medical marijuana issue. With what he is currently faced with, I am sure it is not a priority.

snip

Give the man a chance, he isn't even in office.

Anybody watching his cabinet appointments can see that he's not going to change a thing with the drug war, much less mmj or decrim. Even if we werent in economic meltdown with foreign wars dragging us down, he hasn't assembled a cabinet that would even entertain such a thought.

killa-bud

Veteran
No, sending the people who defend our way of life to die in a war with no cause is a pressing issue. You have to understand that the issues more important to the president are going to be (or should be) those of the people. The people of this country who elected him are obviously more interested in seeing our friends and family brought home from a bloody, pointless war.

well,i'm sure the soilders aren't a bunch of misinformed idoits,they decided that they agree with the war and joined,its not a draft.....i'm sure they take offence to people constenly assuming they were tricked into joining as af they'er a bunch of morons...........you think there ever going to be a point where theres nothing to worry about? where the only issue is going to be medical marijuana? i don't think so,we've put this off FAR to long......
:dueling: lol

G

PeanutB...I know you're upset....you get like this when people in the govt. tweak your nipples from time to time...
But do you HONESTLY believe that this is the same as the Nazi's putting people into death-camps.....making lamp-shades out of their skin, using the fat from dead bodies to make soap....conducting inhuman experiments to test the breaking point of the human body? The genocide of gays, jews, and other "undesireables" is really not the same thing as the govt. being ignorant and pig-headed. Let's take it back to a professional level where you can actually accomplish what we'd all like to see: legalization....without the over the top conspiracy statements bro. You know I have nothing but love for ya, but those types of statements set us back to the stone age.
I just keep thinking about the bodies stacking up ..

This is newer information about diabetes. I don't think even Dr. Ron Paul knows about it. I might be wrong about that. I'm sure that the president elect isn't aware of it.

This is an emergency situation. It calls for setting "politics as usual" aside.

I presume that if Obama becomes aware, that he will be unable to sleep as he counts the freshly dead innocent US voters.

I will be addressing the C4L folks in Michigan tomorrow. I will be presenting the case of the impact of marijuana on human diabetes. Both type 2 AND 1.

dwtc

No, sending the people who defend our way of life to die in a war with no cause is a pressing issue. You have to understand that the issues more important to the president are going to be (or should be) those of the people. The people of this country who elected him are obviously more interested in seeing our friends and family brought home from a bloody, pointless war.

that's just it, they aren't coming home, they in fact are going to afghanistan to fight in another needless bloody war on terror. when they should be at home protecting our borders and the American people. we are in fact are less safe now than we where before 9/11. all OBAMA is doing is transferring our troops not bringing them home, there is still going to be dieing troops abroad. he could have made a difference,but his cabinet appointees and AG just proves to me he is no different than all the other politicians up there in DC.
it's going to take a rEVOLution to change washington and i pray it's sooner than later before all our rights are gone. when he starts talking about SAVING the constitution, bringing our troops HOME, not just from iraq but ALL our troops, the monetary policy, getting us out of NAFTA, CAFTA, NATO,WTO, the war on drugs,maybe then we can have REAL change and for the better. untill then expect the same thing thats been going on for years now.

R.I.P. first amendment rights
R.I.P. fourth amendment rights
R.I.P. soldiers of the war on terror
R.I.P. soldiers of the war on drugs
R.I.P. America as we no it

stay safe and free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

p.s. don't blame me i voted for RON PAUL

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do some of you really think this is fair?

He hasn't even been sworn into office yet and people are attacking him and making assumptions.

On top of that there is a war in Iraq and people are dying. Our Government has had to bail out banks, auto makers and the economy is about to crash.

I don't know. But what you're doing isn't fair. And the comments don't look good to the community in general. Why not at least let him start his job. And shouldn't we just start on asking him to stop the Feds raiding dispensories and go from there?

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. But lets give him some time to address the war and the economy and then politely attack him with letters when he's had time to adjust. There's no sense in burning bridges before he even takes office......

Let's keep the thread on topic and not let it turn into a political argument....

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I don't think you understand current medical science.

The medicine to save hundreds of thousands of innocent American citizens lives is currently against federal law.

The current repressive program is causing thousands and thousands of people to die right here in the United States.

I guess that's only important to someone about to die. After all, they will not be there to vote in the next election.

Have you looked into what impact the stupid sugar tariffs we have on SUGAR have done to the health of the population in JUST the U.S.??

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people are suffering and don't even know it. almost 3/4ths of the population of the U.S. have a blood type that should NOT be fed corn syrup and yet...... it's in ALL of our food.

Why? Sugar farmers can't compete against the global sugar producers in the world so WE put an import tariff on it so large that it's CHEAPER to use corn syrup.

No other country in the world does this and NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS MILLIONS OF FAT_ASSES IN IT!

Yes.... there are HUGE issues that are killing MILLIONS of people and this silly little war bullshit is just a waste of time and resources. Freaking retarded really.

Legalizing Hemp and Cannabis would go a HUGE way towards straightening this out because, first and foremost, tolerance of things would go WAY up and we'd have a huge decrease in the daily stress load of the nation.

Again, people don't realize what an impact this really has on us as a nation.

Think about it.

Sorry, running out of meds again. (meager harvest) My temper flares up more and more when that happens. :nanana:

Koroz

not to go off topic, but you are wrong hydro.

[NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS MILLIONS OF FAT_ASSES IN IT!]

a study done recently has shown that per capita Australia has more "fat_asses" as you call them then the US does. The US actually ranks 9th in the world as of 2007, the study from Australia was a lot earlier ill have to look it up.

BTW try not to be such a biggot, even against fat people. I know its the last "cool" thing to be a biggot about, but at this site lets try and remember that not everyone is just as skinny and sexy as you.

Last edited:
G

600 people are forced to die every day ..

This is a horrible machine that is on autopilot. It will keep killing innocent americans until someone pulls the plug.

And this machine includes our national health watch dog the FDA. The system that is supposed to be guarding our health is forcing us to die.

600 innocent Americans per day.

ROJO145

Veteran
600 people are forced to die every day ..

This is a horrible machine that is on autopilot. It will keep killing innocent americans until someone pulls the plug.

And this machine includes our national health watch dog the FDA. The system that is supposed to be guarding our health is forcing us to die.

600 innocent Americans per day.

get off yer soapbox.......cigerrettes kill more than that and I dont hear ya bitchin...your rant is getting old:laughing:

G

Important documentation links:

Medical

From an activist, this is a project assembled on International Cannagraphic magazine by StormCrow or Granny as she is also known.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95659

Here is the section on diabetes. This is only a very small portion of the medical information links Granny has there.

· Cannabinoid Reduces Incidence Of Diabetes ** CBD against type 1 diabetic mice 5/18/2006
· http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6909

· Neuroprotective and Blood-Retinal Barrier-Preserving Effects of Cannabidiol ** CBD and diabetic blindness directly 2006
· http://ajp.amjpathol.org/cgi/content/full/168/1/235 same study as above different source.

· Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy ** CBD protection against diabetic blindness 2/27/2006
· http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/02/060227184647.htm

· Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice ** CBD against type 1 diabetic mice
· http://safeaccess.ca/research/pdf/WeissCBD_ArrestsDiabetesNeuropharmacology2007.pdf

· Anticoagulant Effects of a Cannabis Extract in an Obese Rat Model
· http://www.level1diet.com/research/id/14687

· The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies ** July 2006
· http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/ctmc/2006/00000006/00000013/art00008

2006 federal report on the endocannabinoid system:
http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/cgi/reprint/58/3/389.pdf
No mention of diabetes, but please note the section on cancer.
This is our own federal government reporting that there is a real potential for cancer treatments based on the materials found in marijuana.

Discussion about Hep-C, TNF-a, and diabetes. Several studies linked there:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=1231

Antibiotic resistant staff infections. Several studies linked here:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101188

Pub med listing for the search of “diabetes” and “marijuana.” These search results are listed in date order. Here are links to the first twenty studies.
Thoratec left ventricular assist device removal after toxic myocarditis.
Leontiadis E, Morshuis M, Arusoglu L, Cobaugh D, Koerfer R, El-Banayosy A.
Ann Thorac Surg. 2008 Dec;86(6):1982-5.
PMID: 19022028 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
2:
Cannabidiol: from an inactive cannabinoid to a drug with wide spectrum of action.
Zuardi AW.
Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2008 Sep;30(3):271-80.
PMID: 18833429 [PubMed - in process]
Related Articles
3:
Daily cannabis use: a novel risk factor of steatosis severity in patients with chronic hepatitis C.
Hézode C, Zafrani ES, Roudot-Thoraval F, Costentin C, Hessami A, Bouvier-Alias M, Medkour F, Pawlostky JM, Lotersztajn S, Mallat A.
Gastroenterology. 2008 Feb;134(2):432-9. Epub 2007 Nov 28.
PMID: 18242211 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
4:
Pharmacotherapeutic targeting of the endocannabinoid signaling system: drugs for obesity and the metabolic syndrome.
Vemuri VK, Janero DR, Makriyannis A.
Physiol Behav. 2008 Mar 18;93(4-5):671-86. Epub 2007 Nov 21. Review.
PMID: 18155257 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
5:
Use of a population-based survey to describe the health of Boston public housing residents.
Digenis-Bury EC, Brooks DR, Chen L, Ostrem M, Horsburgh CR.
Am J Public Health. 2008 Jan;98(1):85-91. Epub 2007 Nov 29.
PMID: 18048798 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
6:
Tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drug use in adolescents with diabetes mellitus.
Martínez-Aguayo A, Araneda JC, Fernandez D, Gleisner A, Perez V, Codner E.
Pediatr Diabetes. 2007 Oct;8(5):265-71.
PMID: 17850469 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
7:
Carpal tunnel syndrome, diabetic neuropathy, fibromyalgia, glucosamine and chondroitin, hypnosis in pain management, marijuana for pain.
Fishman SM.
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2007;21(2):61-7.
PMID: 17844729 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
8:
Active use of cocaine: an independent risk factor for recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis in a city hospital.
Nyenwe EA, Loganathan RS, Blum S, Ezuteh DO, Erani DM, Wan JY, Palace MR, Kitabchi AE.
Endocr Pract. 2007 Jan-Feb;13(1):22-9.
PMID: 17360297 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
9:
The association of methamphetamine use and cardiomyopathy in young patients.
Yeo KK, Wijetunga M, Ito H, Efird JT, Tay K, Seto TB, Alimineti K, Kimata C, Schatz IJ.
Am J Med. 2007 Feb;120(2):165-71.
PMID: 17275458 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
10:
[Protecting the unborn child. Information needed long before pregnancy]
Dreux C, Crépin G.
Bull Acad Natl Med. 2006 Mar;190(3):713-23. French.
PMID: 17140105 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
11:
The cannabinergic system as a target for anti-inflammatory therapies.
Lu D, Vemuri VK, Duclos RI Jr, Makriyannis A.
Curr Top Med Chem. 2006;6(13):1401-26. Review.
PMID: 16918457 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
12:
Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice.
Weiss L, Zeira M, Reich S, Har-Noy M, Mechoulam R, Slavin S, Gallily R.
Autoimmunity. 2006 Mar;39(2):143-51.
PMID: 16698671 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
13:
Rimonabant: a cannabinoid receptor type 1 blocker for management of multiple cardiometabolic risk factors.
Gelfand EV, Cannon CP.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006 May 16;47(10):1919-26. Epub 2006 Apr 24. Review.
PMID: 16697306 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
14:
Anticoagulant effects of a Cannabis extract in an obese rat model.
Coetzee C, Levendal RA, van de Venter M, Frost CL.
Phytomedicine. 2007 May;14(5):333-7. Epub 2006 Apr 27.
PMID: 16644197 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
15:
The risk for mild kidney function decline associated with illicit drug use among hypertensive men.
Vupputuri S, Batuman V, Muntner P, Bazzano LA, Lefante JJ, Whelton PK, He J.
Am J Kidney Dis. 2004 Apr;43(4):629-35.
PMID: 15042540 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
16:
Street drug use among young patients with Type 1 diabetes in the UK.
Ng RS, Darko DA, Hillson RM.
Diabet Med. 2004 Mar;21(3):295-6.
PMID: 15008844 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
17:
Cannabis-based medicines--GW pharmaceuticals: high CBD, high THC, medicinal cannabis--GW pharmaceuticals, THC:CBD.
[No authors listed]
Drugs R D. 2003;4(5):306-9. Review.
PMID: 12952500 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
18:
For parents. Talking to your kids about substance abuse.
Butler D.
Diabetes Self Manag. 2002 Sep-Oct;19(5):54, 56, 58, 60, 63. No abstract available.
PMID: 12561758 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
19:
[Prevalence of psychiatric disorders by alcohol and other substances abuse in men and women hospitalized in an internal medicine service of a hospital in Santiago de Chile]
Hernández G, Montino O, Kimelman M, Orellana G, Núñez C, Ibáñez C.
Rev Med Chil. 2002 Jun;130(6):651-60. Spanish.
PMID: 12194688 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
20:
Drug dependence, a chronic medical illness: implications for treatment, insurance, and outcomes evaluation.
McLellan AT, Lewis DC, O'Brien CP, Kleber HD.
JAMA. 2000 Oct 4;284(13):1689-95. Review.
PMID: 11015800 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related Articles
Note that there seem to be no studies about benefits of marijuana published before 2006. With one large exception, GW pharmaceuticals.
This was all after the 2006 NIH report. Which explains why diabetes isn’t mentioned in the report.

All of the above can be ignored by the simple statement “That’s in animals, not humans. It needs more study.”

Here is a press release, from GW pharmaceuticals, about human trials using a marijuana extract against diabetes.
http://production.investis.com/gwp/pressreleases/currentpress/2008-01-22a/

Now for the human, traditional non-scientific efforts.

Most real medical studies about marijuana are being conducted underground. Many of these efforts are destroyed by police.

Rick Simpson.

Rick Simpson was arrested in Canada for distribution of marijuana. He was convicted and fined $2000.

He was convicted for giving away the cure for cancer, free of charge, to anyone that needed it. At the time of his arrest, Rick was treating as many as three hundred people.
At his trial, dozens of people came to testify for him. They came with their medical records and their doctors. The court refused to allow any of their testimony.

Rick has been stopped from making his extract. He has shifted gears. Now he is simply showing people, step by step, how to make the extract.

Rick Simpson is still giving away the cure for cancer, free of charge, to the entire world:

This is a one hour presentation on YouTube. It is broken into seven parts. In the video there are former terminal cancer patients that are now cancer free. See for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chrychek

Rick Simpson notes that there are some side effects that need to be watched for while using “hemp oil” as a treatment for cancer.
1. Lowered blood sugar. Which, in turn, requires less diabetic medicine. At least one case in the video has a man that no longer requires insulin shots.
2. Lowered blood pressure. Which, in turn, requires less bp medicine.
Caution must be used to prevent the patient from overdosing on such medicines after the patient no longer requires them.
On Rick’s web site he shows photos of a case where an open diabetic sore is cured by a topical application of his “hemp oil.” This sore had been open to the bone for years.
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/album.html let the photos flip to see the before and after diabetic sores.

Here is another source showing the same kind of thing. That is, open diabetic sores, open to the bone for years, that have new skin growing over the area.
http://www.thc-ministry.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173

These two different sources of non-scientific information tell the same story. Open diabetic sores growing new skin after having an extract of marijuana being applied topically.

We currently have a situation where the medical community is only catching up with what is already taking place. People are treating cancer and diabetes with marijuana extracts and are winning!

This begs the question: Why must these people be forced to die by our own government?

The three biggest causes of death in America are cancer, heart attack and diabetes.

From diabetes alone, 600 people die in the US every day. The clock is ticking, bodies are stacking up. Needless amputations are being conducted.

This must stop now.

ROJO145

Veteran
"We currently have a situation where the medical community is only catching up with what is already taking place. People are treating cancer and diabetes with marijuana extracts and are winning!

This begs the question: Why must these people be forced to die by our own government?"

Treating........not curing or causing,and marijuana isnt the "only" treatment for any of these diseases.....our government is NOT forcing anyone to die,unless of course you believe they are giving people diabetes and cancer,you really are out there arent ya!!
and marijuana isnt "curing" any one of these ailments.But I agree,it makes living with it easier.
But it is not the gov forcing people to die everyday,lol

Last edited:

Mt Toaker

For every one saying he isn't in a position to make it happen you are so very wrong, every politician in congress has had the power to raise awareness about this issue but they all dodge it like a radioactive bullet. So stop saying he hasn't been put in the position because him and every other member of the Senate or the House has this power.

G

Obama, on Tuesday, will be in a place that a single order from him can end the war against mmj. One stroke of his pen is all that is required.

No votes need to be taken.

The voting has already been done. By the people. Now we just have to see if he will follow through.

Each day we wait means that over a thousand innocent Americans will die.

If he waits for four years that's 1.4 million Americans will be forced to die. Because it's not politically easy.

Easy politics is no excuse to kill 1.4 million Americans.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
not to go off topic, but you are wrong hydro.

[NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS MILLIONS OF FAT_ASSES IN IT!]

a study done recently has shown that per capita Australia has more "fat_asses" as you call them then the US does. The US actually ranks 9th in the world as of 2007, the study from Australia was a lot earlier ill have to look it up.

BTW try not to be such a biggot, even against fat people. I know its the last "cool" thing to be a biggot about, but at this site lets try and remember that not everyone is just as skinny and sexy as you.

I never said it was the people's fault. That's the whole point in the first place, all the things that making cannabis illegal has caused that people are unaware of.

Thanks for pointing out that study. I was truly under the impression that we were the fattest nation. :)

Still issues with the economy, fossil fuels, healthcare and many more all stem from cannabis prohibition. It's a disease that has affected so many vital functions in this country it's insane.

Oh well.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You were right PB. *shrug*

Change.gov was a total bust.

Time and time again it comes to the top and they completely ignore it in any response.

We're going to have to do this ourselves people.

It doesn't look like we're going to be able to fix this govt. peacefully.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
that's just it, they aren't coming home, they in fact are going to afghanistan to fight in another needless bloody war on terror. when they should be at home protecting our borders and the American people.
So true unfortunately. Remember the end-the-war dividend he promised would pay for some of his fanciful domestic ideas? They'll find a way to tell us they are now saving money in Iraq and spending it at home but it will probably be a lie, not to mention it will be neutralized by the increased expenditures in Afghanistan, and further, we are deficit spending anyway. Nothing but budget cuts will help to restore our strength but Obama is already looking at around another 1.5 trillion in new debt his first year and a half. Is that change? Are people going to buy "it's necessary because of failed Bush economic policies"? Are they even going to ask about the promise of saving 12 billion a month from Iraq? Probably not.

Meanwhile, the man that told Berlin the walls between rich nations and poor ones need to come down has shown no inclination to protect our borders from drugs coming in and guns going to Mexico to further destabilize. Bush was the same way backslapping and laughing with Calderon like it's all a big joke- fun and games.

Have you looked into what impact the stupid sugar tariffs we have on SUGAR have done to the health of the population in JUST the U.S.??

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people are suffering and don't even know it. almost 3/4ths of the population of the U.S. have a blood type that should NOT be fed corn syrup and yet...... it's in ALL of our food.

Why? Sugar farmers can't compete against the global sugar producers in the world so WE put an import tariff on it so large that it's CHEAPER to use corn syrup.
Yeah Hydro, I find that very interesting. Equally disturbing is that we could get cheaper ethenol from Brazil but instead produce more corn here. But wait VH, don't you realize that money would flow to another country and out of the US economy? Well, yeah, it would. Except that it's too a friendly nation we could trade more with and currently our own food prices have gone through the roof thanks to land being used for corn instead of potatoes and other products. So we are keeping more money at home but the average person getting poorer because staples have increased so much. This is all because of the powerful corn lobby. Not to mention, there's less food available to help feed poorer nations. Add to that the most important and alarming thing about ethenol- it takes four gallons of fresh water to produce a gallon of ethenol. WOW, think about how costly that actually is, as if fresh water is not the most precious resource of all. What a phuckin joke our lying cheating government really is.

Obama, Bush, and McCain supported that crap but I'm through blaming Bush and McCain.

Obama, on Tuesday, will be in a place that a single order from him can end the war against mmj. One stroke of his pen is all that is required.

No votes need to be taken.

The voting has already been done. By the people. Now we just have to see if he will follow through.

Each day we wait means that over a thousand innocent Americans will die.

If he waits for four years that's 1.4 million Americans will be forced to die. Because it's not politically easy.

Easy politics is no excuse to kill 1.4 million Americans.
I have to ask, do you really think it's that simple, that he just signs an order changing Federal law like he's a dictator? He decrees no longer should this thing you fear, Marijuana, be a concern for you and your family, I hereby say it's "legal"? This is an extremely complicated thing that takes the people's approval ultimately and a lot of what they call "political capital" to burn. It's NOT a priority for him and I understand that because I understand how complicated it really is. As for your numbers, I have a real hard time that there's any real proof decriminalizing MJ will save a thousand live a day. Sorry, but that's almost ridiculous. The only likely way to decriminalize is ironically by using it as a means to really help win the war on drugs- hey people, our enemies are making untold billions and growing stronger because they are importing MJ and using those profits to finance other means of hurting us. MJ is not going to go away and we need to let people have access to it and eliminate that black market and use taxes, fees, whatever to raise money for our own interests. Along with that the AG and SG have to be on board and start talking about how much money we spend dealing with small amounts of MJ and how MJ really really pales in comparison to other legal drugs but that maybe decriminalizing will help reduce access of those other drugs. It might not work out that way but it's something the people might go along with.

G

I have to ask, do you really think it's that simple, that he just signs an order changing Federal law like he's a dictator? He decrees no longer should this thing you fear, Marijuana, be a concern for you and your family, I hereby say it's "legal"? This is an extremely complicated thing that takes the people's approval ultimately and a lot of what they call "political capital" to burn. It's NOT a priority for him and I understand that because I understand how complicated it really is. As for your numbers, I have a real hard time that there's any real proof decriminalizing MJ will save a thousand live a day. Sorry, but that's almost ridiculous. The only likely way to decriminalize is ironically by using it as a means to really help win the war on drugs- hey people, our enemies are making untold billions and growing stronger because they are importing MJ and using those profits to finance other means of hurting us. MJ is not going to go away and we need to let people have access to it and eliminate that black market and use taxes, fees, whatever to raise money for our own interests. Along with that the AG and SG have to be on board and start talking about how much money we spend dealing with small amounts of MJ and how MJ really really pales in comparison to other legal drugs but that maybe decriminalizing will help reduce access of those other drugs. It might not work out that way but it's something the people might go along with.
He should have no problem issuing an order that requires the DEA to obey the existing law, do their job that congress already gave them to do.

It is that simple.

The DEA has been avoiding their responsibility. In doing so they keep their anti mmj jobs and budgets.

Obama can indeed simply order them to do their jobs.

Day one .. one thousand people died today because Obama failed to act.