What's new

Obama: Don't bother me anymore.

G

It's more important, to Obama, to protect terrorists in Gitmo than to release the mmj POW's in the USA.

The mmj trials are still running .. the DEA is still causing doctors to think they will lose their licenses for helping people.

Thanks Obama .. same old same old.

G

You were right PB. *shrug*

Change.gov was a total bust.

Time and time again it comes to the top and they completely ignore it in any response.

We're going to have to do this ourselves people.

It doesn't look like we're going to be able to fix this govt. peacefully.
Not quite a bust ..

We now can show America that Obama is simply another politician that doesn't care what America wants.

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Not quite a bust ..

We now can show America that Obama is simply another politician that doesn't care what America wants.

Patience isn't one of your strong points is it?

While I admire your obvious zeal and determination, I just think you are setting yourself up for disappointment by expecting too much too soon.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can someone explain to me how 1000 people die everyday because marijuana isn't legal?

SomeGuy

Can someone explain to me how 1000 people die everyday because marijuana isn't legal?

I dunno JJ. Here we are and his first full day in office is nearly half over, wars are still going on, the Dow is still down, marijuana isn't legal and we still haven't replaced oil with a cheap renewable option.....

Isn't it obvious by now that we've made a HUGE friggin mistake?

G

The three largest causes of death in the United States are:

1. cancer
2. heart attack
3. diabetes.

600 people die every day from diabetes

I only added in 400 more for the cancer.

It's probably closer to 1500 per day when you combine the two.

G

I dunno JJ. Here we are and his first full day in office is nearly half over, wars are still going on, the Dow is still down, marijuana isn't legal and we still haven't replaced oil with a cheap renewable option.....

Isn't it obvious by now that we've made a HUGE friggin mistake?
Of the two crowned to be the finalists, Obama was clearly the better of the two.

There is hope that he will take action on mmj.

But as long as Obama isn't aware that people are dying because of his lack of action, the longer he will try to let it slide.

SomeGuy

Like I said before I respect what you are doing. Please don't expect too much too soon and burn yourself out before you get a chance to realize your goal.

AbbieDoobie

Name me one disease that marijuana is the SOLE remedy for. Yes, I think it should be used as "medicine", but I believe change in diet is more of a CURE for diabetes than giving someone marijuana. Matter of fact, marijuana LOWERS your blood sugar, therefore the MUNCHIES and the need to seek out fatty and sugary snacks to compensate. If I was a diabetic, the last thing I'd want to take is marijuana. I'd want to change up my diet first and foremost. Ever checked out the Blood Type Diet and GenoType Diet by Dr. Peter D'Adamo? My mom is a former health food store owner and EXTREMELY well-read, a former cancer survivor, and POTHEAD for 30 years, who CURED her cancer via D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet. She has told me that pot was really not the cure but only something that just helped her feel good along the way. The main cure, according to her, was DIET.

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" - Hippocrates

~Abbie :joint:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
while Id like to see MMJ legalized across the US, and then move toward recreational use.. I certianly dont think it needs to be one of obamas top 10 priorities his first month or two as prez....

just my thoughts.
bub.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I figure that after about a month of this gig, big O will sit down one day and think, damn a joint would be nice about now, and it will not be the only time the thought comes. Peace, pot, and patience.
H

G

Name me one disease that marijuana is the SOLE remedy for.
Using existing medicine, doctors are failing to keep over one thousand people alive every day.

Many of these lives could be saved with cannabis treatment.

How many? Isn't one single life worth saving? Isn't even one single life worth the effort to try to save?

These two, cancer and diabetes, are two of the three leading causes of death in America today.

Yes .. diet can play a large role in reversal of diabetes. So is the plan to simply wave a wand and get Americans to eat less? That hasn't worked so far.

Tell any obese person "Hey you! Eat less!" and you've cured them? I can see that working. :noway:

Don't you kow people that seem to only look at a brownie and gain a pound or two. Then there are others that seem to be able to eat everything in sight and gain nothing.

Each person has a regulatory system in their bodies. That system is based on the bodies own natural cannabinoids.

Does marijuana cause changes in this regulatory system? Yes. You just noted munchies. That's an example of marijuana adjusting that system.

Now then, some strains are better than others for causing munchies.
Some strains don't seem to cause munchies at all.

Those strains that don't cause munchies, yet obviously have THC, do so because of other, THC offsetting, cannabinoids.

A synthetic cannabinoid came close to being approved as a weight loss drug by the FDA. This is a cannabinoid that doesn't get you high.

If you understand weight loss as a method for treating diabetes you can then begin to understand how marijuana just might have something in it that could help.

This is oversimplification.
Reduction in food consumption is one part.
Another part is what the body does with the food that is being consumed. As I noted before, some people gain weight with the same amount of food that others do not.

Diabetics also have abnormally high levels of TNF-a in their blood. Excess levels of TNF-a clog insulin receptors throughout the body. TNF-a also clogs the insulin production sites in the pancreas. Cannabinoids lower TNF-a content of the blood.

When TNF-a content is lowered, insulin receptors open back up. This lowers insulin resistance in the body. In addition the TNF-a also is stripped from the insulin production sites in the pancreas allowing them to begin normal insulin production.

People are able to stop taking insulin injections.

Each strain of marijuana has a different cannabinoid profile.

Results of treating diabetes are strain dependent.

Because of the way that they act on the body regulatory systems, I believe that the compounds in marijuana, beyond THC, are the most effective treatment for diabetes known to science today.

They don't treat just the symptoms. They go after the disease itself. They reverse the progression of the disease.

With what we know right now, these people don't have to die.

G

After 48 hours, President Obama is now responsible for the deaths of about 3000 innocent Americans.

Kahl

I do agree with your medical standpoint, but go watch some news and you'll find that he actually did a shit load his first day in office, big shit nonetheless.....laws on cannabis are not the only problem killing people. saying that he is responsible for those deaths is pretty fuckin ludicrous. Chill your roll and let shit happen for a while...(48 hrs? do u know how much shit he has to do in the first 48 hrs of presidency)

CityKnightz

So are you saying that if im a diabetic, all I have to do is smoke a couple of joints a day and i'll be healthy??? And those same couple of joints would stop my cancer from progressing???

Funny because, please correct me if im wrong, didnt Bob Marley die from cancer??? Why didnt the ganja save him???

G

So are you saying that if im a diabetic, all I have to do is smoke a couple of joints a day and i'll be healthy??? And those same couple of joints would stop my cancer from progressing???

Funny because, please correct me if im wrong, didnt Bob Marley die from cancer??? Why didnt the ganja save him???
I think I've quoted a great deal more medical study than I have "said."

When cannabis is eaten, the body converts the compounds, in cannabis, into things that we don't get exposed to when we smoke it. This could explain why many folks believe that the real healing power of cannabis doesn't show itself until you eat it.

Although it would be interesting to see what the rate of cancer is for Rasta folks.

I don't think that every single one of those people could have been saved with cannabis. I just think the great majority could have been.

G

I do agree with your medical standpoint, but go watch some news and you'll find that he actually did a shit load his first day in office, big shit nonetheless.....laws on cannabis are not the only problem killing people.
I know he did a lot. And I guess you agree with him that those things were more important than the lives of those 3000 innocent Americans.

saying that he is responsible for those deaths is pretty fuckin ludicrous.
He can fix it in five seconds. He has chosen not to.

Kahl

there's many other things that need to change to help people in many ways. Im just sayin give him some time, there is lots of shit goin on thats killin people these days. i wish that these people had access to this wonderful medicine to help save them too, however im just looking on the realistic side of things. this has been an issue for a long time leading to stress over the subject making it not so easy to just "do".

CityKnightz

I don't think that every single one of those people could have been saved with cannabis. I just think the great majority could have been.

So how can you attribute an EXACT number (3000) of deaths to Obama, yet you dont know the EXACT number of people that cannabis could potentially save???

Furthermore, have you thought about how many people there are with diabetes and cancer that already use cannabis and still pass away???

Sounds like you have a personal grudge against Obama.... Instead of bashing him why dont you come up the the EXACT number of deaths George Bush caused over the past 8 years.

G

I thought Obama was all about change.

So yes .. GWB killed Americans for eight years.

I hope Obama stops the current policy.

As for an exact number, this seems like a pretty sick joke. I can't say an exact number so it doesn't matter?

I'm pretty sure that I've been saying "about" over and over again.

How many people use cannabis and still pass away? Once it is determined exactly which strain(s) and method(s) of consumption work best, that ratio should improve greatly.

BUT TO GET THERE THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO GET OUT OF THE WAY!