What's new

Obama DID change MMJ policy!!

B

Blue Dot

anyone else think this(the ending of DEA raids on MMJ clubs) should mean a drop in club prices? I mean, theres no danger of having inventory seized and no danger of having business interrupted....I mean if risk/reward holds true, you would think the prices should drop at least slightly. Although greed will play another role.

just a thought

haha to all the clubs that constantly used the "fed risk" as an excuse for ridiculous prices.

Time for $150 OZ's, can't claim "fed risk" anymore.

BTW, since this is basically why san diego has zero clubs it will be interesting to see the RE-OPENING of clubs in SD.

Hello Bonnie Dumanis, can't go crawling to the feds no longer.

"Holder Hints at Ending DEA Raids on Medical Marijuana" - Did he freaking say it explicitly or not???

He said he would uphold obama's wishes. Well, did obama ever SPECIFICALLY, exactly say he would END raids on DISPENSARIES, not just end raids on CA's legit medical USERS???????

W

WhoMan

I have butterflies in my stomache. This is change i do believe in. Thank you Mr. President we love you.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Yeah Iam way tooo old to start actually getting excited just yet I wanna see it in writing. Love the fact he would not be as direct as he could have been. Lets hope he was caught off guard by the question and is not up to something. Good Luck Cali.

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Iam way tooo old to start actually getting excited just yet I wanna see it in writing. Love the fact he would not be as direct as he could have been. Lets hope he was caught off guard by the question and is not up to something. Good Luck Cali.
:yeahthats

I'm with the last two here. Once we see that massive law being signed, THEN I'll light my victory bong hit. But till then, I still in a MMJ desert and that reality keeps me sober and grounded.

And yet, fiscal realities might succeed where morality failed. On both sides. I'm not sure how to deal with that but it DOES come down to us being better stoners and better humans FIRST and then letting the chips fall where they may.

Good starts to the modern MMJ era but I still need more convincing.

W

WhoMan

I think he has done enough to give him the benefit of the doubt, come on fellas its a done deal, they will not touch another clinic, this is not bush were dealing with here.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
haha to all the clubs that constantly used the "fed risk" as an excuse for ridiculous prices.

Time for $150 OZ's, can't claim "fed risk" anymore.

It is not all the fault of the clubs tho--
Growers are still the ones most at risk-- Until you can plant a field without worry...there will still be high prices--
So far, the growers have gotten the short end of the stick....the laws are so complicated as to growing, it is still a very risky venture--I mean that for commercial growers...not personal--
It is getting more positive...the more our Economy crumbles...this may be a good thing for MJ Legalization...but I'm afraid it is a very strong indication that we are in for a very tough struggle with the rest of "life" tho--
But hey...Alcohol helped get us out of the first Depression...by pure desperation...so maybe this will be the start of the Cannabis/Hemp Revolution--

they are still very much at risk just because of the amount of weight and cash on site. the only threat isnt feds

Very awesome news.. i knew things would start to change soon.. hopefully up next is a federal mmj policy

Its true normal robberies might happen, but thats what insurance and normal security precautions are for....I dont think insurance normally covers the DEA stealing all of your inventory and security precautions didnt mean crap vs armed LEO.

Oh, dont forget this also opens up options to advertise and expand customer base. Also, this provides the opportunity for more clubs to open, causing competition and theoretically driving price down as they compete for sales.

As long as supply can keep up, then this should have a very good impact on prices. I'm sure some people will be holding back supply to charge a premium for their products.

I might have to start job hunting on the left coast...

Graffiti

kmk420, I'm surprised I haven't heard that mentioned more. I definitely believe that with an economic recession comes an even greater chance of legalization. Way I see it a shitload of americans already can't afford health care (yeah I know obamas health plan bla bla bla, it's not here yet tho), along with mental depression from higher unemployement, not even mentioning taxation, marijuana would do nothing but help people, mellow them out, help them take it as it comes. And the whole situation with alcohal and the depression is a great note to mention in these times. And I mean shit, if I've got a critical illness and i can't afford the expensive meds I need, then why the fuck NOT just let me smoke a j and die peacefully? I wish my bro would've got the chance to, maybe he'd still be here.

Ya know it's fucked up some dumb bitch runs over a thirteen year old kid, kills him dead, keeps driving, says she didn't know she hit the kid (how the fuck is that?) and this person who doesn't even value human life got off scott-free to walk the streets today, drinking her fucking lattes from starbucks while theres an innocent stoner rotting away in prison, serving a minimum sentence for getting caught smoking a joint in a zero tolerance state... WHAT THE FUCK?
Sorry, had to get that off my chest.....
It's great to see that we're slowly starting to be seen as the good people we are and not criminals.
One battle at a time!

"Been a long time coming but I know change gonna come!"

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I hope it get legalized and taxed in my state of CA it will only help bring jobs and tourism I mean I know I wouldn't be dreaming to go to Amsterdam anymore why bother? The red light district?? I just hope they don't keep bringing up this intoxicated while driving crap! Look how many people die from DRUNK drivers not STONED...

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
yo.. . . .no lie. . . .. i just shed a tear of joy. . . ..swear to god yo. . . .it looks like it is finally beginning to happen. . . . .crazy times we live in man, crazy times. amen though , amen.

MedResearcher

Veteran
I thought that Court of Appeals decision was overturned by the Cali Supreme Court.

Anyone know for sure, maybe I will dig up a link. I like the good news, but hate to think of growers not knowing the correct information, and paying the price.

Mr^^

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
The fact that it's even being tabled as a serious discussion is good news. Any further progress at this point is sweet icing.

How's the saying go... the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem? :joint:

-s

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I dont know the numbers and am wondering. Would not completely legalizing cannabis jeopardize the incomes and wealth created by the prison industrial complex which in Cali alone generates hundreds of thousands of petty marijuana arrests. Thats money flowing to thousands of cops, lawyers, judges, clerks, jails, prisons, etc.... In the current economic times, where job preservation and growth is the first priority, it seems naive to believe that the powerful interests profiting from prohibition will be so easily defeated. I am still afraid there might be some sort of movement to preserve these jobs and generate more by building more prisons. I know Cali is bankrupt but that has never stopped them from building more and more prisons before. Also does anyone know how much of the stimulas package money Cali is gonna gets is going to this industry?

Also lets say full legalization does bring the prices way down. Would not the taxes generated from this comodity go way down as well. Unless the politicians can frame the laws that make it a crime to grow comercially and keep the prices artificially high. ALthough, I dont think something like that would stand for long legally.

I hope I am totally wrong, legalization in this country is truly sparked in Cali, as we enter into a more historically natural relationship with this wonderful plant.

MedResearcher

Veteran
After searching for it, I guess the Supreme Court didn't overturn the court of appeals decision.

I think I was confused with the AG's guidelines, which in fact are just guidelines and not law.

Nice info, freedom and sorry for the confusion,
MR^^