What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Final pics of my little Double Oaxaca'79 cross, Jar cured for around 4 months now. :)

DSC09169.JPG
DSC09168.JPG
DSC09171.JPG
DSC09174.JPG
DSC09175.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a show Pineapple_Punch :whee: You can be proud of your results with the Oaxacan breeding! Looks like Vermontman Oaxacan matches really very well with CBG's Oaxacan line, excellent flowering traits and resins on your Double Oaxacan F1, looks like you did the correct step to preserve and improve the genetics in regular seeds :yes: well done! Hope this is just the start of more interesting breeding projects from your side.

Amazing Oaxaca x Panama Fronk and Consolidated :dance013: Thank you so much for posting your results!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
What a show Pineapple_Punch :whee: You can be proud of your results with the Oaxacan breeding! Looks like Vermontman Oaxacan matches really very well with CBG's Oaxacan line, excellent flowering traits and resins on your Double Oaxacan F1, looks like you did the correct step to preserve and improve the genetics in regular seeds :yes: well done! Hope this is just the start of more interesting breeding projects from your side.

Thanks Dubi! Yes i think the outcome of this cross isn't bad at all, even i've used the first best OaxacanSKULL male cause there was only 1 from the 5 or 6 Seeds i've popped. Im sure i could find a better more sexual stable SKULL male with a tighter internodial distance, the one i've used had a sligthly big internodial distance. Think in Double Oaxaca F2's some interesting Plants could pop up.

I really do like my CBG Oaxaca'79S1 mother, was really surprised by her sexual stability, seems had luck with the one Seed that popped and survived. I like the structure of this Plant in general, long lances with a nice structure and great smell. The big swollen calyxes she brings in crosses are very nice as well as we can see on Consolidate's Oaxaca x Panama plant some posts above, + the resin she adds. Also very easy to grow, like those praying leaves. So all in all very interesting genetic this CBG Oaxaca'79 line, great potential for crosses as you know. :)

Peace

Humple W.

Thanks Dubi! Yes i think the outcome of this cross isn't bad at all, even i've used the first best OaxacanSKULL male cause there was only 1 from the 5 or 6 Seeds i've popped. Im sure i could find a better more sexual stable SKULL male with a tighter internodial distance, the one i've used had a sligthly big internodial distance. Think in Double Oaxaca F2's some interesting Plants could pop up.

I really do like my CBG Oaxaca'79S1 mother, was really surprised by her sexual stability, seems had luck with the one Seed that popped and survived. I like the structure of this Plant in general, long lances with a nice structure and great smell. The big swollen calyxes she brings in crosses are very nice as well as we can see on Consolidate's Oaxaca x Panama plant some posts above, + the resin she adds. Also very easy to grow, like those praying leaves. So all in all very interesting genetic this CBG Oaxaca'79 line, great potential for crosses as you know. :)

Peace

Super cool project! How does your Double Oaxaca 79 compare to its parent lines, effects-wise?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Super cool project! How does your Double Oaxaca 79 compare to its parent lines, effects-wise?

Thanks! :)

Well, both parental lines have a happy mellow Sativa High in my eyes, not extremely motivating, but nice warm and enjoyable. Till now i only grew one Double Oaxaca'79 girl, which also had a nice mellow Sativa high, would say more on the CBG Oaxaca'79 side. The frame of this Plant looked a lot like the Oaxaca'79SKULL male i've used, but with the resin profile and big swollen calyxes of the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 mother, very easy to trimm.

I've a very nice vigorous Federation Hawaiian Sativa male in VEG, he seems to be longer flowering compared to the other HS males, but also seems to be much more vigorous with nice thick stems, he also has a nice tight internodial distance. When im done with my actual crosses i'll make a CBG Oaxaca'79S1 x Hawaiian Sativa cross, the Hawaiian Sativa has a very clear headed type of high, could fit well with the Oaxaca.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thanks TexasTea and dubi , it really makes fun to grow own crosses. Im super curious how the Mexican Fire Pie OG turns out at the end, should be a relatively fast flowering cross when looking at the parents. Im also running some Hawaiian Fire Pie OG (Hawaiian Sativa x Cherry Fire Pie OG) plants.

Plant in the middle is a Hawaiian Fire Pie OG male
DSC00594.JPG

acespicoli

Originally posted by Pineapple_Punch View Post

Final pics of my little Double Oaxaca'79 cross, Jar cured for around 4 months now.

This one has huge bag appeal, how much does a oz fill a zippy ? sandwich bag?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Originally posted by Pineapple_Punch View Post

Final pics of my little Double Oaxaca'79 cross, Jar cured for around 4 months now.

This one has huge bag appeal, how much does a oz fill a zippy ? sandwich bag?

Thanks, hard to say how much a oz fills, this one was already smoked long ago. I store my weed in 2L Glas Jars..... :D

Mexican Fire Pie OG at Day 17 12/12

DSC00783.JPG
DSC00785.JPG
DSC00782.JPG

FletchF.Fletch

420club
0114221625.jpg

B.O.E.L. Oaxacan x Dwarf Oaxacan from AK Bean Brains. Most plants pushed out 5 blades for the 2nd set. Under LED at 12/12

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I'm glad I took time to read through this whole thread again. I have been running about a dozen CBG Red Snakes over the past 6 months (O'79 x Punto Rojo) and have had several that look like the pure moms that dubi and PP have shown. That pearly spindly bud look is unmistakable, and every description of aroma and taste sounds spot on as well. My favorite weed these days! Now, I'm fooling around making some home made crosses back to Punto Rojo as well as a Red Snake reproduction, and I have several other commercial Oaxacan crosses going at the same time. Zacateca Tribute, Purple Mexican, as well as two Zipolite Oaxacans from Bodhi.

Oh, and I have Snow High's Pelo Rojo and Coco Loco seeds to check out this year as well. It will be quite the year of Mexican and Colombian hybrids ahead for sure! :)